Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III XP Bonus

Battle.net announces that for a limited time, playing Diablo III on Windows or OS X will net players a 50% experience point bonus in the action/RPG sequel to pave the way for the release of the Reaper of Souls expansion at the end of this month:

This hefty XP bonus gives your heroes a leg up on the new Paragon Leveling System, which just went live in patch 2.0.1. The new Paragon Leveling system not only allows ALL of your characters to share and contribute towards a single account-wide Paragon level, but it also grants bonus ability points with each Paragon level gained, which can be discretionally assigned to your characterís stats.

View
99 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

39. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 14:03 Krovven

Everyone plays ARPGs for different reasons and gets something different out of them. Either try the newest patch for D3 or don't, if you don't like it, then don't play it. But for the people that don't know what the fuck they are talking about, please just stop, you look like idiots.

If you are looking for a clan in D3, add me Krovven#1128. A few Bluesers have joined, there is myself, Batman, Ventus, Invictus, Alamar and I've got about 40 others in the clan, so there is always plenty of people to play with.

Having trouble coming up with a build in D3, you can always try these.
http://www.diablofans.com/news/47963-2-0-1-class-builds-collection

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

38. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 13:52 dj LiTh

Interesting about the new changes, glad to see they are going in the right direction. I think i'll be checking this out tonight, probably until tomorrow's PoE mini expansion drops, and we'll see how they compare. I much rather have two good ARPG's to play then one as i do like the genre.  

37. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 13:49 Cutter

Have they got rid of the ODRM? No? Pass.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadÖ Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

36. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 13:44 pagb

Many of the new legendaries are game changers. I got a bow that turns elemental arrow to a hatred generator... can't wait to get more items like that and try things.  

35. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 12:48 descender

They added an option to skip all cutscenes automatically which is pretty nice.

All legendaries are account bound (and only tradeable to the people you were playing with at the time for a certain time period). Not sure what else is... I think when you enchant/disenchant things in the expansion.

I can and can't understand it... it makes people play the game to get the best loot which is basically the entire point of playing to begin with... but it does collapse any sort of trade market at the top end. I think they are just trying to eliminate any sort of third party real $ market from springing up.

Unless you have people you really want to give items to I don't see it being that big a deal. They'll get their own, and theirs will be rolled more specifically towards the class they were playing. Generic +main stat items aren't going to be that valuable after a while, your good equipment will all have class specific +% to skills on them or other crazy things like I was listing below.

34. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 12:41 InBlack

Verno wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 12:33:
descender wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 12:01:
Which is exactly the same as D2 was. Play a build, get bored with it, reset your stats. NO ONE played "multiple builds" of the same class up into the higher levels... what would be the purpose of that? You could simply reset your stats and have a brand new build every time you played.

My memory is probably a bit hazy but respecs weren't added until like 2010 dude, the game had been out for something like 10 years already at that point. So yeah people did play that way for a long, long time. In fact they played that way a lot longer than they played with respecs.

That said, people should remember how much each patch changed Diablo 2 and give Diablo 3 another chance. The awful producer is gone and the new loot system I saw on the PS3 owned, I am definitely picking the combo PS4 xpac/main game. I have zero hope for the shitty story but the rest of the expansion looks like a big improvement. But hey its your money and it's not like there's a shortage of other ARPGs.

Indeed, from what people have mentioned on this thread it seems that they have taken things in the right direction. I wonder if it will still have longevity but depending on whether some of my Diablo buddies take it up again I might give it another whirl. Its a shame that storywise they have taken the cartoony wow route but I can live with that if the gameplay is good. Whats this about bind on acount items, why in the world would they introduce that awful gameplay mechanic? Is it prevalent? What kind of items are bound?

I have a nifty blue line!

33. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 12:36 descender

Token of Absolution was added in 1.13 so yes it was late to the game.

I'm so sorry I made fun of his epic journey to play and re-play the same class for 10 years in a game with an extremely low difficulty ceiling and almost near-zero level randomization.

Wait, no I'm not. I still find that hilarious and sad!

It doesn't absolve his other points of being unfounded and wrong. His opinion is based off of having played the game for a week almost 2 years ago. It's not even CLOSE to the same game today.

32. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 12:33 Verno

Which is exactly the same as D2 was. Play a build, get bored with it, reset your stats. NO ONE played "multiple builds" of the same class up into the higher levels... what would be the purpose of that? You could simply reset your stats and have a brand new build every time you played.

My memory is probably a bit hazy but respecs weren't added until like 2010 dude, the game had been out for something like 10 years already at that point. So yeah people did play that way for a long, long time. In fact they played that way a lot longer than they played with respecs.

That said, people should remember how much each patch changed Diablo 2 and give Diablo 3 another chance. The awful producer is gone and the new loot system I saw on the PS3 owned, I am definitely picking the combo PS4 xpac/main game. I have zero hope for the shitty story but the rest of the expansion looks like a big improvement. But hey its your money and it's not like there's a shortage of other ARPGs.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

31. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 12:22 InBlack

I also think you should apologize to Ward. You totally shat on his decade long epic journey of trying and playing with diffrent builds, taking the time to perfect them all for Uber Diablo runs or PvP or whatnot and then making shit up with ad-hominem attacks with an unfounded claim that wasnt true for 99% of the time that D2LOD was live.  

30. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 12:16 InBlack

descender wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 12:14:
This wasnt possible in Diablo2, you are making this up.

Once again people's memory of D2 ain't quite what it used to be. It was most certainly possible.

Once each difficulty you were given an option of resetting your stats. On top of that, in Hell you could collect an essence from each boss and transmute it into a token that reset your stats.

Which makes all this bellyaching about different "builds" completely pointless.

I have played D2:LOD for YEARS, and have never seen this, I assume this is post 1.12 patch? Besides reseting STATS is not exactly the same as reseting SKILL points is it?? Remember skill points? Those things that you spent in trees? Yeah...

29. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 12:14 descender

Once again people's memory of D2 ain't quite what it used to be. It was most certainly possible.

Once each difficulty you were given an option of resetting your stats. On top of that, in Hell you could collect an essence from each boss and transmute it into a token that reset your stats.

Which makes all this bellyaching about different "builds" completely pointless.

28. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 12:12 Darks

InBlack wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 10:46:
Xero wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 09:44:
If there is one thing I dislike it has to be the way they changed the difficulty where you can change it at any time and no more staged difficulty levels. Sort of feel like this way they've done can get boring eventually although I'll enjoy playing for a bit longer now with the changes. Not sure if I'm ready to pay for the expansion yet though.

How does this work exactly? Chaning the difficulty settings on the fly?? Huh? What about Normal, Nightmare, Hell, Inferno....??

Itís now called Torment for the hardest level and it has 6 levels to choose. And 5 and above are not joke.

They now allow the player to choose what difficulty you want to play on with even a new char which I happen to like now. I went immediately to Hard level on my Barb and itís been a good fun challenge for him. And heís leveling up fast. I mainly created this char to run with to farm White loot. White loot is now pretty valuable for crafting. Iíve farmed over 1400 materials in just two acts.

The New Legendary drops have been pretty nice too; the whole loot system how it works is pretty nice. This is how it should have been from the start.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

27. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 12:10 InBlack

26. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 12:07 descender

I've seen 5 or 6 legendaries drop and 2 set items so far post patch.

One of the legendaries makes my WD fetishes shoot poison darts every time I do. WHOLE NEW BUILD, from 1 item!

I got a chest piece that makes monsters drop gold when I hit them (before they die).

I got a cleaver that makes guys bleed fire. FIRE!

If you aren't going to pick up the game and play it under this completely new direction it has taken... why bother posting about it?

25. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 12:01 descender

No skill system that creates builds, one character class is all you ever need

Which is exactly the same as D2 was. Play a build, get bored with it, reset your stats. NO ONE played "multiple builds" of the same class up into the higher levels... what would be the purpose of that? You could simply reset your stats and have a brand new build every time you played. EDIT: turns out this was wrong. Although a sane person would probably try a different class at some point, or stop playing the same game mode that doesn't get any harder after you've completed it.

Same boring loot driven by +STR, +DEX, +VIT

As opposed to the same boring loot driven by +to main stat, + to health, +to all skills items in D2? I'd say there is considerably more variance in loot, especially useful loot now in D3 with the new affixes. Legendary items considerably change the way your damage output works, and *gasp* actually creates different item sets for different skill loadouts. WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT.

I am done here.
LOL, please... be done.

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 2014, 12:38.

24. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 11:56 Ward

descender wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 11:52:

What really sad is that you played Paladin, exclusively... for over a decade.

That's not impressive, that's just really fucking dumb.

Impressive response descender, you can actually tie your own shoes with that amazing intellect?

You addressed none of the fundamental flaws of the game and why D2 succeeded and how D3 fails.

Address the issues in my post not personal attacks you dolt.

I am done here.

23. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 11:52 descender

Ward I hate to ruin your hate party... but you can do almost exactly what you are talking about in D3. Lots of skills were reworked, and created different synergies.

All those stupid D2 builds you guys keep listing were available to everyone, with ZERO loot customization. You could simply reset your stats and do another build route. How is that any different than the different combinations of skills you can run in D3? Oh, it isn't. At all. What's incredible is that people come up with all these builds that literally do fuck all for you in D2. You surpassed the difficulty for D2 in the first 20-30 hours you played it... and then you kept "trying different builds" to kill things you were already completely overpowering?

The reason there were so many builds was because the game was not hard. At all. It really didn't matter what you were bringing to the table.

What really sad is that you played Paladin, exclusively... for over a decade. You know there were other classes, right? Probably even another skill or two...

That's not impressive, that's just really fucking dumb. Tell us again how fun it was to kill the same boss over and over again with ZERO difficulty change in 10 years.

22. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 11:47 Ward

before you scarf down another regurgitated Blizzard disaster take a look in the rear view mirror a moment like InBlack has been trying to explain

No offline play - PS3 gets it why not PC???
Always online DRM - see above problem
No skill system that creates builds, one character class is all you ever need
Same boring loot driven by +STR, +DEX, +VIT
Items bound to the account and character?? Are you F--king kidding me? This is Diablo all items should be findable and trade-able.

A story Metzen should of been fired for, butterfly WOW villains killing Cain? Tyrael becomes mortal? cliche after terrible cringe worthy cliche.

I played the Paladin exclusively for over a decade on Diablo 2

I had all melee and ranged builds no hammerdins and yet i had

Conviction Zeal builds
Conviction Holy Lighting Builds
Conviction Avenger builds
Conviction Chargadin
Holy Freeze Chargadin
Fanaticism Smiter builds
Conviction Ranger build
Fanaticism Ranger build
Holy Shock Ranger Builds

and on and on and on

That is one class again and again with different items and different skills

Over a decade!

Throw in REAL runes words unlike the crap runes concept in D3 and you had a game worth of a decade of play

these were all different character that relied on different items that changed game play, by items AND Skills

d3 lasted 2 weeks, Diablo 2 lasted over a decade.
Period.

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 2014, 11:53.

21. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 11:34 Undocumented Alien

Yes, Diablo was also for me completely about the Loot, like TOTALLY.

For me, my "fondest" memories of the Diablo series comes from the original Diablo (1). It wasn't just about loot (to me), it was a dark and sometimes scary/horror adventure (i.e. Butcher chasing me around a whole level), with an "OK" story, enough at least to have a goal, and the difficultly was (or seemed) harder and it made you think more about approaching that unique MOB and it's followers. THEN, you always hoped to get good loot (weapons, armor, spell books) to HELP you progress.

So Diablo to me was always, "What's around the next corner".

Diablo 2 was still a good game, but I was less worried about what was around the next corner (wasn't as dark), and now D3 I could care less about what's around the next corner, I just leave a path of destruction.

There just isn't much of an "edge" anymore.

20. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 10:53 Wallshadows

You can change the difficulty in game but it'll just go down to prevent players from cherry picking bosses on higher difficulty.

The game has basically ditched the old model and replaced it with the new Normal, Hard, Expert, Master and Torment (up to Torment 6 so you don't have to beat the game three times before being in the 'end game' difficulty.

99 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo