Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III XP Bonus

Battle.net announces that for a limited time, playing Diablo III on Windows or OS X will net players a 50% experience point bonus in the action/RPG sequel to pave the way for the release of the Reaper of Souls expansion at the end of this month:

This hefty XP bonus gives your heroes a leg up on the new Paragon Leveling System, which just went live in patch 2.0.1. The new Paragon Leveling system not only allows ALL of your characters to share and contribute towards a single account-wide Paragon level, but it also grants bonus ability points with each Paragon level gained, which can be discretionally assigned to your characterís stats.

View
99 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

99. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 6, 2014, 17:49 Krovven

Up until the launch of RoS. It's not really that big of a bonus, depending what difficulty you are playing and the gear you have and if you are playing in a group.

XP bonuses per difficulty... http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/gameplay/game-difficulty

ie: Hellfire Ring gives a 35% xp increase, but you can't get that until lvl 60, farm some keys and do the Uber boss fights for components to make the ring. There is also the Leorics Ring that provides a bonus up to 30% depending on the roll you got. This ring also now drops at all lvls instead of being a lvl 14 specific drop.

So if you are capable of playing the higher Torment difficulties and play with a group and have the right gear, you can get up to a 3000% xp bonus, which makes the 50% bonus not that big of a deal.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

98. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 6, 2014, 17:18 Quinn

How long will this XP bonus last? Crazy busy til the end of next week, but I'm really looking forward to rebooting D3.

Someone said there's no free extra chapter? I was sure I've heard the news some months ago that the vanilla game got an extra chapter for free, and of course I'm not talking Reaper of Souls stuff. Oh well, I'll see.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

97. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 6, 2014, 15:03 Krovven

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 14:50:
I guess I'll know this soon enough, but when you have two or more level 60 charaters, do you share a common experience bar? Since the Paragon levels are shared across the account...

Paragon xp is account wide. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13020718

96. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 6, 2014, 15:03 Krovven

I've never been a big fan of the Monk and it's my least played class. I got mine to lvl 60 and about 15 Paragon before the patch and haven't really played it since.

http://www.diablofans.com/ has been posting some builds you can try for all the classes over the last few days.

Moldran posted yesterday a video showing some testing with the new stat Area Damage and how powerful it can be. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBQL2MIUSjk

95. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 6, 2014, 14:50 Mr. Tact

I guess I'll know this soon enough, but when you have two or more level 60 charaters, do you share a common experience bar? Since the Paragon levels are shared across the account...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

94. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 6, 2014, 14:41 Theo

really cant decide what i am enjoying more the DH or the barb  

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

93. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 6, 2014, 14:24 descender

Verno, you are best starting you characters over, or at least expecting to replace every single piece of equipment you had before you can jump into Torment. The loot is slightly overtuned in comparison to everything pre-patch aside from the most perfectly tuned AH gear... but if you aren't killing every normal mob in 2-3 seconds a run through a difficulty 1 lower than you think you should be doing will fill in the gaps in your old equipment with nice shiny new legendaries and set pieces. This will give you a better idea of what build direction you can take with your monk.

FWIW I run:
Deadly Reach (scattered blows), third strike hits multiple enemies for fast spirit generation
Wave of Light (wall of light), a little knockback, and a lot of dmg
Sweeping Wind (cyclone), Area effect damage, pop this before every fight starts.
Cyclone Strike (Implosion), Get over here!
Seven Sided Strike (sudden assault), for large targets and bosses
Mantra of Evasion (divine protection), I change my mantra out with the dmg or health one depending on if I'm grouping or soloing or if the difficulty is too high.

Trancendence, Sieze the Initiative and One with Everything as passives.

I won't claim this to be a terribly solid Monk build (WD is my main), but it's what I was using to clear the old Inferno difficulty and I was able to directly translate that to Expert/Torment I before I got any new upgrades. I'd highly recommend making sure you have the "Force move" button bound and accessible, so you can get out of sticky spots without punching things

92. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 6, 2014, 09:12 nin

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 08:36:
Got the wizard to 60 last night. I have to say I was a bit worried the fun would slow down... but it hasn't. I finally found two items with those cool attributes some people have mentioned. One with a 29% chance for a 300% weapon damage bleed over 5 seconds, another with a 30% chance for causing a mob to become a "lightning rod".. don't remember exactly the damage amount.

That along with two increased "Blizzard" damage items, a slight modification of my skill selection, and I really started kicking butt. I no longer needed to pull out the big skills for the elite trios. Just Blizzard and electrocute -- no problems. Got to Paragon 4 before heading to bed.

Came across my first cursed chest last night - it was fucking awesome!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

91. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 6, 2014, 08:46 Verno

I went back to my old Monk last night and it's still boring the shit out of me. Everything seems to take forever to kill compared to my Wizard or Demon Hunter. I don't even feel that much more survivable compared to them either. No surprise Monk was Jay Wilson's pet overtuned class, it has his robotic touch all over it. If someone has a good Monk build please let me know otherwise I'm shelving it.

Wizard was hella fun though. Arcane Hydra, Disintegrate, Blizzard and Ice Spike Magic Missile are a fun combo along with Ice armor and crystal skin for bosses. I found some legendaries last night and *gasp* they were upgrades. They even had stats appropriate to my level and class, it's a miracle.

Actually if anything the loot feels a bit overtuned itself, I found more useful drops last in a 2 hour session than I did in a month of playing the old game. In fact literally everything that dropped was useful in one way or another, no crap loot or whites at all. Maybe I just had a good run but hey I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham

90. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 6, 2014, 08:36 Mr. Tact

Got the wizard to 60 last night. I have to say I was a bit worried the fun would slow down... but it hasn't. I finally found two items with those cool attributes some people have mentioned. One with a 29% chance for a 300% weapon damage bleed over 5 seconds, another with a 30% chance for causing a mob to become a "lightning rod".. don't remember exactly the damage amount.

That along with two increased "Blizzard" damage items, a slight modification of my skill selection, and I really started kicking butt. I no longer needed to pull out the big skills for the elite trios. Just Blizzard and electrocute -- no problems. Got to Paragon 4 before heading to bed.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

89. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 5, 2014, 15:14 Undocumented Alien

Do you even know what you are saying when you post this stuff? I'm not even going to bother typing out the obvious contradiction in what you said here. It speaks for itself.

BTW, Xbox One no longer requires an internet connection (except for initial setup) due to said outcry.

Yes, people don't want to be handcuffed to online only, for hardware OR software.

Thanks for the heads up on the XBone not needing a persistent online connection, didn't know they caved in, just further proves that people don't want to be handcuffed online, much like my thread clearly indicated.

Do I know what I post? Sure, much like the consoles, PC's aren't always on the internet, probably not anymore or less than consoles but yet consoles get an offline mode because Blizz doesn't think consoles are online very much, just shows their stupidity of reasoning, pretty clear.

I believe you have a pretty bad comprehension issue, should get that checked out sometime. Not sure how I could make things more clear for you.

88. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 5, 2014, 14:40 Krovven

Undocumented Alien wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 14:18:
Really? People don't connect their XBOX's and PS3/4's to the internet? That seems like a strange statement considering that the XBone requires it, and the PS4 was also going to do it until they saw Microsoft getting their balls kicked into their brain, then smartly changed course as they saw that people in fact, want an offline option.

Do you even know what you are saying when you post this stuff? I'm not even going to bother typing out the obvious contradiction in what you said here. It speaks for itself.

BTW, Xbox One no longer requires an internet connection (except for initial setup) due to said outcry.

87. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 5, 2014, 14:35 xXBatmanXx

Not bad. Only 6 blocked posts from a few. Lots of misinformation out there. All I can say (and i am by no means a hardcore Diablo guy) is that the game is more fun. Period. I dont' have the hours that others have put in, buy I feel my 300 hours is substantial and am enjoying it. The gear that I found and was given to me by friends (low level 60+) has already been replaced with just a few hours plays in the update. That is progress to me.  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

86. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 5, 2014, 14:28 Verno

I understand where you're coming from but it's not likely at this point, sorry dude.

Game size seemed much higher last night when I went to DL, 25GB good grief! I thought I would be able to download it in an hour or two then play with people but it ended up taking 3 hours so I passed out watching a movie instead. Hopefully have a chance tonight!

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham

85. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 5, 2014, 14:18 Undocumented Alien

Krovven wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 18:28:
Verno wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 17:44:
They could have easily had offline and separate online functionality without impacting it.

Isn't that kind of the point though? There were problems with offline and online Diablo 2. They couldn't easily have a separate offline functionality without having the same problems.

It comes down entirely to what a few people want and what's better for the whole of the game. They are never going to make everyone happy. Removing the AH has a lot of people upset, making gear BoA has a lot of people upset. But it's for the better of the game.

"I donít think people necessarily remember how mad they themselves were that they had an offline mode and online mode in Diablo II," Martens said.

I guess "Martens" doesn't remember that BIG dialog box that popped up warning people that if they created an offline SP character that it would not transfer over to the B.NET server. Seemed pretty clear to me, I just had characters in both modes, you know, options.

And here is ActiBlizz's reason why Consoles have an offline version of D3: Not a lot of people connect their consoles

ďI got to see it from all angles, especially having worked on console. Diablo plays best when youíre playing with other people. Because not a lot of people connect their consoles to the internet, thatís where the whole idea of having to get four people on the same couch playing together."

Really? People don't connect their XBOX's and PS3/4's to the internet? That seems like a strange statement considering that the XBone requires it, and the PS4 was also going to do it until they saw Microsoft getting their balls kicked into their brain, then smartly changed course as they saw that people in fact, want an offline option.

Even the President of Blizzard just blows hot air and basically admits D3 is always on for DRM and "other" things.

I fully understand the desire to play Diablo 3 offline

Diablo 1/2/3 all have a Single Player Driven Story that can be completed by a Single Player. It's a single player game with an always online DRM, period. COOP is completely and totally optional.

I would have LOVED to see Blizz make Diablo 1 or 2 online only, I don't believe we would even be talking about D3 right now.

84. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 5, 2014, 13:35 Krovven

Primalchrome wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 12:17:
Krovven wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 04:23:
Primalchrome wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 00:08:
Krovven wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 16:06:
The inclusion of the AH was an attempt at dealing with these problems from D2.
Your naivete is very cute.

As is your idiocy. The AH was Blizz's answer to getting people away from dealing with shady 3rd party sites selling gold an items. They wanted a piece of that, hard to fault them for it.
My idiocy.... They put up the auction house to create a new recurring revenue stream from D3. It was put up for profit...not to fix anything. Do not try to attribute altruism to something obviously motivated by greed. Look, you're a Blizzard fanboi, I get that....but if you want people to believe you're offering logical arguments, don't let the BlizzLove bleed through quite o clearly.

Then why did they have the gold AH at all? Why not just straight up sell items? Why shut them down instead of making changes and keeping the RMAH to keep that profit going? Why make the items BoA and shut both the AH's down? Keep trying troll.

83. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 5, 2014, 12:17 dj LiTh

Quinn wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 11:48:
I have this irrational urge to reinstall D3 and start from scratch again. Played the game the first 2 weeks after release and from what I've heard, it has had some maaajor improvements since then. It even got an extra free chapter didn't it? Moet importantly, the abysmal loot system got redone. Man did the loot ooze "computer generated" all over it!

Let's be fair, the gameplay and graphics were sweet. It's what's pulling me toward starting it up again.

No free act5, that only comes with the expansion, otherwise not many people would buy it just for adventure mode and crusader class IMO. That said it is vastly improved, but having already a level 60 DH, with some insane items that my friends hooked me up with (windforce etc) in the past, i have found a few upgrades for armor, but so far i'm soloing Torment level 4 pretty easily, and there's only 6 levels which kinda disappointing me as there's not really much reason to play beyond that, but it is worth a retry. For me though i'll be playing D3 for the next 3 hours until PoE expansion comes out and wont look back.

82. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 5, 2014, 12:17 Primalchrome

Krovven wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 04:23:
Primalchrome wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 00:08:
Krovven wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 16:06:
The inclusion of the AH was an attempt at dealing with these problems from D2.
Your naivete is very cute.

As is your idiocy. The AH was Blizz's answer to getting people away from dealing with shady 3rd party sites selling gold an items. They wanted a piece of that, hard to fault them for it.
My idiocy.... They put up the auction house to create a new recurring revenue stream from D3. It was put up for profit...not to fix anything. Do not try to attribute altruism to something obviously motivated by greed. Look, you're a Blizzard fanboi, I get that....but if you want people to believe you're offering logical arguments, don't let the BlizzLove bleed through quite o clearly.

81. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 5, 2014, 11:48 Quinn

I have this irrational urge to reinstall D3 and start from scratch again. Played the game the first 2 weeks after release and from what I've heard, it has had some maaajor improvements since then. It even got an extra free chapter didn't it? Moet importantly, the abysmal loot system got redone. Man did the loot ooze "computer generated" all over it!

Let's be fair, the gameplay and graphics were sweet. It's what's pulling me toward starting it up again.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

80. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 5, 2014, 09:41 Darks

InBlack wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 04:34:
I dont know how to feel about items being bound on account. Especially if they are the best items in the game, i.e. legendaries. It feels wrong somehow. OK, removing the AH solved a lot of issues but why would they want to kill trade COMPLETELY? I couldnt care less if someone a friend or party member or whatever, found the UBER GRUBER BOW OF OWNING ASZ if its bound on account? Why would I? But if its NOT bound I would be fascinated because suddenly that bow has VALUE to people other than its owner...especially on Hardcore. I play hardcore exclusively...

Im gonna have to install D3 now, youve convinced me to try it. If frustration starts to build up in me like it did @ launch, Ill have my answer...

I agree InBlack, I really donít care for items being Account Bound, but at least when you are in a parry and do find a Legendary, you have up to 2 hours to trade it off to someone else in your party. So yea, not being able to trade at all is just stupid. Even Items you create crafting are locked down too. I cant even make my friends a good set item and pass it on.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

99 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo