Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: etc. Mar 3, 2014, 18:52 Krovven

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 16:02:
I'll concede to the points being stated but I stand firm on the belief that BoA/BoP gear is mind-numbingly stupid and unnecessary for an ARPG.

I just cannot wrap my head around how this came to be and hope they burn down this idea much like they have with the auction house but in far less time.

BoA is about locking down bots from farming gear and gold and selling it on 3rd party sites. The internal AH was an attempt at giving people a secure way of selling off the gear and gold instead of the nightmare that was D2. It didn't work out, so now they are trying this way. I don't mind it so much other than it is too restrictive.

People in the clan see the loot dropping in games they aren't in, the person that got it says they aren't going to use it, but they can't give it to someone that will use it and that is a shame.

There can be a middle ground. Trading only with the people that were present in your game is just a bit too restrictive, as the best way to benefit from that is having all of the same class in a group...which itself would be bad for the game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: etc. Mar 3, 2014, 17:26 Julio

I've played a while with loot 2.0 and found only one item that was an slight upgrade on my previous gold AH sourced gear. Note that I've never bought anything on the RMAH, but buying and selling on the AH allowed me to finance all upgrades.

The new system is still somewhat broken, but it's still too early to tell whether it's worth playing with all of the new rules yet. I'm definitely logging in less without a useful AH, and have no desire to do trades in general chat.

12. Re: etc. Mar 3, 2014, 17:04 Pigeon

Linksil wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 16:48:
The BoA gear came to be because they don't want people trading. They want people to be forced into self found and because they believe the only thing "FUN" about Diablo games is FINDING the upgrade yourself. Also with removal of the AH they don't want people jumping all over the 3rd party sites so this is another way to remove that. Hell look at the high gold costs for end game stuffs, yet you can't even trade gold.

I almost feel like they were afraid if they had just dropped the RMAH and made better loot, they would be admitting they screwed up one of the main focuses of the game for profit.

11. Re: etc. Mar 3, 2014, 16:48 Linksil

The BoA gear came to be because they don't want people trading. They want people to be forced into self found and because they believe the only thing "FUN" about Diablo games is FINDING the upgrade yourself. Also with removal of the AH they don't want people jumping all over the 3rd party sites so this is another way to remove that. Hell look at the high gold costs for end game stuffs, yet you can't even trade gold.  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

10. Re: etc. Mar 3, 2014, 16:02 Wallshadows

I'll concede to the points being stated but I stand firm on the belief that BoA/BoP gear is mind-numbingly stupid and unnecessary for an ARPG.

I just cannot wrap my head around how this came to be and hope they burn down this idea much like they have with the auction house but in far less time.

9. Re: etc. Mar 3, 2014, 14:24 Linksil

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 14:10:
Wizard being the best at farming bar-none is a balance issue, not a loot system issue.

It's not the best farmer, so much as people are liking the easier play style a lot more. Hell all the ranged classes are better now until melee gear gets up there. If you look at top geared people before the patch you'll see them still using those characters, but with lower gear stats ranged will always come out on top.

Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

8. Re: etc. Mar 3, 2014, 14:20 Krovven

I'd like to see them expand the trading to people that were in the clan at the time of a drop, and if not allow open trading in this way, at least allow an item to be traded once and not just within 2 hrs and only with the people you were playing with.  

7. Re: etc. Mar 3, 2014, 14:10 jacobvandy

Wizard being the best at farming bar-none is a balance issue, not a loot system issue.  

6. Re: etc. Mar 3, 2014, 14:03 Wallshadows

I have to disagree with what you say. Diablo being treated like a MMO with account bound items is the opposite direction this game needed to go now that the auction house is out of the picture.

Furthermore, now that Blizzard have essentially reduced various pre-2.0 builds like the Sprint/Whirlwind Barbarian to rubble, they've returned to being cumbersome, slow room clearing hulks which is why I've been playing my Wizard a lot more with a Frozen Orb build which can clear trash, events and bosses much quicker on higher difficulty settings while having less damage output.

Unfortunately, I am penalized for being efficient by being given drops that essentially lock out my alts. Sure, I could use a lumbering Barbarian and take twice as long as my Wizard to get gear for him, but that's not how the Diablo loot grind works. In Diablo 2, you had a Sorc do the brunt of your MF runs due to efficiency. While Teleport is junky in D3, you're still being far more efficient with farming as a Wizard than any other class.

TL;DR - They're using BoA/BoP MMO loot rules to manipulate the market by restricting an open trade system and it sucks, sucks, sucks.

5. Re: etc. Mar 3, 2014, 13:45 PropheT

Pigeon wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 11:59:
I let the update install last night, but I've yet to actually play. That certainly doesn't sound ideal as you can't use your high gear-level character to grind high level gear for an alt. Still a better system than the hours of crap useless gear that was in place before. At least in the new system if you play the character you should see useful drops.

You don't have to. It took me 10-20 minutes to completely re-gear all of my old characters into decent stuff with the new loot system, and if you're not playing to upgrade your gear that sort of takes the fun out of playing anyway.

4. Re: etc. Mar 3, 2014, 13:25 jacobvandy

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 10:15:
I've been loving loot 2.0 but been absolutely hating the Bind on Account system Blizzard have decided to approach to regulate the loot and trade system.

Loot 2.0 means when I play my Wizard, all those sweet, upgraded legendary items which Blizzard has been giving out handjobs about will spawn with Intelligence as their primary role regardless of the item that drops. Now, while the stats it will role are great for that class, it pretty much makes grinding loot for your Barbarian while on your Wizard useless. On top of that, if you solo play, you're stuck with the item and all you can do is shard it if it's not up to snuff which you currently wear. This is with nearly all legendary items, regardless of level. I crafted a level 52 Fist Weapon and it was account bound.

I have a lot more fiery brimstone since starting again.

I'd say throwing in a bind on account system to replace the auction house is only a minor gain on going back to a bartering system especially when rare items seem to be less than ideal compared to bound legendary items.

Well, that's kind of the point... You shouldn't have to grind and grind on a high-level, already geared character in order to get useful items for your alt(s). That's a big part of what was broken about the system before, and drove people to the AH.

3. Re: etc. Mar 3, 2014, 12:37 Cutter

Too late for WoP. They should have started on this a decade ago.  

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

2. Re: etc. Mar 3, 2014, 11:59 Pigeon

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 10:15:
I've been loving loot 2.0 but been absolutely hating the Bind on Account system Blizzard have decided to approach to regulate the loot and trade system.

Loot 2.0 means when I play my Wizard, all those sweet, upgraded legendary items which Blizzard has been giving out handjobs about will spawn with Intelligence as their primary role regardless of the item that drops. Now, while the stats it will role are great for that class, it pretty much makes grinding loot for your Barbarian while on your Wizard useless. On top of that, if you solo play, you're stuck with the item and all you can do is shard it if it's not up to snuff which you currently wear. This is with nearly all legendary items, regardless of level. I crafted a level 52 Fist Weapon and it was account bound.

I'd say throwing in a bind on account system to replace the auction house is only a minor gain on going back to a bartering system especially when rare items seem to be less than ideal compared to bound legendary items.

I let the update install last night, but I've yet to actually play. That certainly doesn't sound ideal as you can't use your high gear-level character to grind high level gear for an alt. Still a better system than the hours of crap useless gear that was in place before. At least in the new system if you play the character you should see useful drops.

1. Re: etc. Mar 3, 2014, 10:15 Wallshadows

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo