Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Next Month

Stainless Games announces a March 27th launch date for the Carmageddon: Reincarnation Steam Early Access they teased in September. Here's a wacky new Damage Tech trailer to celebrate the news, and here's word:

From the 27th of March 2014, the legion of long time Carmageddon fans, plus lovers of excess virtual violence everywhere will get to wreak havoc, pain and hilarity once more. This Early Access release is a milestone, as it marks the beginning of a new era in the Carmageddon story. Kickstarter Backers will be able to get behind the wheel two weeks before the Steam Early Access release.

The resulting game (which is now at the Pre-Alpha phase) has even more laughs, more bodily fluids, more thrills, more smashes and more... cows than ever.

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Next Month Mar 1, 2014, 15:10 Yosemite Sam

Heh nice vid. They got the Carmageddon damage modeling down nicely. Only real hurdle to this being truly Carmageddon now is mowing down pedestrians, last scene gives me hope.  

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Next Month Mar 1, 2014, 14:46 jdreyer

Mad Max RW wrote on Mar 1, 2014, 14:11:
It's funny how even when they clearly label the video with "All assets and code in this video are pre alpha and do not represent final production quality" people still manage to miss it.

Well, in defense of the commentariat, many of them aren't native English speakers.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

26. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Next Month Mar 1, 2014, 14:11 Mad Max RW

It's funny how even when they clearly label the video with "All assets and code in this video are pre alpha and do not represent final production quality" people still manage to miss it.  

25. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Next Month Mar 1, 2014, 13:16 killer_roach

Bumpy wrote on Mar 1, 2014, 08:55:
Why wouldn't it be, the first one certainly was. I don't expect anything different unless they've gone and let all the money go to their head and have been screwing off too much. They really have shown very little and they still claim stuff is Alpha,wtf?

I'd also argue the standard for AAA production value has increased exponentially between then and now.

24. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Next Month Mar 1, 2014, 10:25 deqer

Saying this game isn't AAA in a pre-alpha test stage before it's released, is like saying a vehicle isn't red before it gets painted red.  

23. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Next Month Mar 1, 2014, 08:59 Pr()ZaC

Pre-alpha.  

22. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Next Month Mar 1, 2014, 08:55 Bumpy

nin wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 23:29:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 20:33:
jacobvandy wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 20:23:
Bumpy wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 18:52:
This will mark one of (if not the first?) major AAA kickstarter game to completion.

Will be interesting to see how much content and quality the game will have.

I wouldn't call this AAA at all. Wasteland, Torment, and Eternity far surpass its budget, and those are barely able to be considered borderline AAA.

On the other hand, it's a lot cheaper to make an AAA racing game than it is to make, say, an AAA shooter or RPG. Still, I agree this probably won't be considered in the same league as Grid 2, for example.

There's no way in hell this is AAA.

Why wouldn't it be, the first one certainly was. I don't expect anything different unless they've gone and let all the money go to their head and have been screwing off too much. They really have shown very little and they still claim stuff is Alpha,wtf?

21. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Next Month Mar 1, 2014, 07:41 PsychoMoggieBagpuss

Got to love fear factory. Wouldn't be Carmageddon without it.  

PMB / Shodan
http:/www.futilez

20. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Next Month Mar 1, 2014, 03:34 Zoom

jdreyer wrote on Mar 1, 2014, 02:55:
Ssssssssso, how many A's do you give it?
Depends if you are a pedestrian, in which case it's a "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*splatter*"

19. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Next Month Mar 1, 2014, 03:20 nin

jdreyer wrote on Mar 1, 2014, 02:55:
This will mark one of (if not the first?) major AAA kickstarter game to completion.

I wouldn't call this AAA at all. Wasteland, Torment, and Eternity far surpass its budget, and those are barely able to be considered borderline AAA.

On the other hand, it's a lot cheaper to make an AAA racing game than it is to make, say, an AAA shooter or RPG. Still, I agree this probably won't be considered in the same league as Grid 2, for example.

Two, tops. And that's heavily dependent on what they actually release. As long as it's taken, and as little as they've shown, I'm worried. I really wish I hadn't backed it...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

18. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Next Month Mar 1, 2014, 02:55 jdreyer

17. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Next Month Feb 28, 2014, 23:29 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

16. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Next Month Feb 28, 2014, 23:24 xXBatmanXx

YES!

So damn excited for this. Anyone who has played (or is playing) the original should be balls to the walls excited. I love at 145 where you hear the original tire squeak as you wreck and turn into something. I love it. Already in for 2 the week this shit went on KS. So happy. Everything I have seen from them for this project has been spot on.

/edit: plasehavecowspleasehavecowspleasehavecowspleasehavecows

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

15. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Next Month Feb 28, 2014, 22:02 SpectralMeat

jdreyer wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 20:31:
While that may be true, Next Car doesn't have to render a couple of hundred completely deformable pedestrians on the screen at the same time as all the cars and other scenery. Also, Carma levels aren't tracks, they're fully realized sections of landscape, which requires a heavier engine to render. It's expected they're trading graphic fidelity for increased functionality.
Yeah I've realized that. Different game all together.
Looking forward to both though.

Steam: SpectralMeat

14. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Next Month Feb 28, 2014, 21:56 [VG]Reagle

Sweet  

I am MUCH MUCH better now.

13. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Next Month Feb 28, 2014, 21:00 Jivaro

Very much looking forward to this. I even like the iPad version of the classic game.  

12. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Next Month Feb 28, 2014, 20:33 jdreyer

11. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Next Month Feb 28, 2014, 20:31 jdreyer

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 18:56:
Zoom wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 16:32:
SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 16:22:
Doesn't look nearly as impressive as Next Car Game.
Not sure that Next Car Game will give you an "extra bonus" for maiming pedestrians in reverse or juggling while dismembering them.
Really a game i look forward to, i hope they'll give the finger to censors and go for all out gore and splatter.
I was talking about the technical part of the game not the actual gameplay.
Obviously 2 different type of games, and I've loved Carmageddon back in the day as well so I hope this will turn out great.
It's just that Next Car Game set the bar pretty high in terms of graphics and overall destruction/deformation etc.
Anyways looking forward to check this out when it will be released.

While that may be true, Next Car doesn't have to render a couple of hundred completely deformable pedestrians on the screen at the same time as all the cars and other scenery. Also, Carma levels aren't tracks, they're fully realized sections of landscape, which requires a heavier engine to render. It's expected they're trading graphic fidelity for increased functionality.

10. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Next Month Feb 28, 2014, 20:23 jacobvandy

9. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Next Month Feb 28, 2014, 19:54 jdreyer

Played the hell out of both Carmas back in the day. So much guilty fun. I have Carma 1 on my tablet, and just picked up Carma 2 for PC the other day from GoG. Can't wait for this new one.

This is pre-alpha, and it doesn't look bad. Can't wait to see the final product.

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo