Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New Croteam IP Teased

A new episode of Guy Cocker's Video Games Podcast talks with Curve Digital and Facepalm Games about plans to bring The Swapper to Vita, PS3 and PS4, but during the conversation game writer Tom Jubert also drops word that he's working with Croteam to create the narrative for a new IP from the Serious Sam developer. This is all still unannounced, but Tom offers the following vague tease of the new project:

I think this is actually a genuine sort of exclusive, because I don't think this is public knowledge yet, but Croteam is working on their first new franchise since the original Serious Sam in 2001. Which is exciting, 'cause I've always been [eager] to see what those guys would actually do with resources and all of that experience and all they've done is Sam, and they're doing something completely new, which I am working on... so that's ongoing now [and]... should be out at some point later this year.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: New Croteam IP Teased Feb 27, 2014, 15:29 Cutter

Guy Cocker? The Swapper? Oh come on!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: New Croteam IP Teased Feb 27, 2014, 13:28 nin

wtf_man wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 12:23:
Never liked any of the Serious Sam stuff. I know they were trying spoof old school shooters like Doom, but it just didn't appeal to me...

The first two especially were goofy. And yeah, if you didn't like that, I can easily see why it wouldn't appeal.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

4. Re: New Croteam IP Teased Feb 27, 2014, 12:26 El Pit

Funny Sam?  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

3. Re: New Croteam IP Teased Feb 27, 2014, 12:23 wtf_man

Never liked any of the Serious Sam stuff. I know they were trying spoof old school shooters like Doom, but it just didn't appeal to me... I thought it was just plain dumb, and I'd rather play something like a Painkiller series game for that style of gameplay. Granted, I only played the first game, but I was completely turned off.

That said... after 14 years, it's about frickin' time they tried something else.

/shrug

2. Re: New Croteam IP Teased Feb 27, 2014, 11:20 nin

I'm still disappointed with SS3. Think I played for a few hours, hoping it would get better, and finally gave up.

Hopefully whatever it is will be fresh and new.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: New Croteam IP Teased Feb 27, 2014, 11:17 Creston

Holy hell, Croteam is still in business?  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo