Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gone Gold - Titanfall

Respawn Entertainment tweets that Titanfall is gold, so the mech shooter should be on track for it's planned release on March 11th. If a picture is worth a thousand words, then the announcement is actually 1,002 words long: "We're gold!!!!!! #titanfall http://twitpic.com/dwrcnv." Thanks GameInformer.

View
69 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

29. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 13:39 LgFriess

Spectral beat me to it.

This comment was edited on Feb 27, 2014, 13:45.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 13:35 SpectralMeat

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 13:32:
Fuck this lame uninspired piece of shit asshole game
No seriously tell us how you really feel

Steam: SpectralMeat

27. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 13:32 CJ_Parker

Fuck this lame uninspired piece of shit asshole game  

26. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 13:30 LittleMe

Arithon wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 12:10:
Well, let's party like it's 2007! The textures are horrible, the AI is laughably bad and the game style is a twitch shooter with kill-replay-cam straight out of the Call of Duty:MW2 playbook. It has the depth of a teaspoon and no single player, so very little longevity.

+1. Yeah I'm not buying it till the $5 or $10 sale. Depth of a teaspoon.. Exactly!

Perpetual debt is slavery.

25. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 13:26 BitWraith

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 11:52:
nin wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 10:01:
We're a little over 3 months into it, where traditionally, there's a lull between launch titles and additional games.

1-2 years from now will be the real indicator.
Graphically this is the weakest generation of consoles we've seen. The XB1 is unable to hit 1080p in a lot of games, including Titanfall, with several going as low as 720p. We never saw drops that substantial with the last generation. Microsoft is having to remove all the GPU and CPU allocated for the OS / Kinect just to get games running well. Even the PS4 exclusive The Order: 1886 will run in letterbox (25% lower resolution than 1080p) and at 30fps.

I really hope that Valve gets Steam Machines right as it has the potential to make traditional consoles obsolete. As usual, the PC is where graphical innovation is happening.

This. I'd rather buy a $300 vid card down the road than buy a $500 piece of crap.

24. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 13:14 eRe4s3r

netnerd85 wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 12:56:
harlock wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 12:50:
netnerd85 wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 12:43:
Beta was awesome which suprised me as I don't play COD of BF anymore since early 2000's. EA will actually get some money from me for 2 copies of this game for sure. Well played, well done. An MP game that is actually fun.

so, you dont play MP FPS very often?
There is playing and then there is playing.

I "played" some COD Ghosts recently, that was complete shit compared.

If you didn't play BF3 or BF4 you have no longer any valid definition of what a MP shooter even *is* There is COD, and then there is Battlefield. Titanfall is COD in anything but name and Titans.

By the way, I don't mean this as an insult (sorry if it sounds like one) but BF3 and BF4 changed what people expect of MP shooters fundamentally, you ever go hooked to vast destruction and frostbite you will never go back. BF4 is pretty dang awesome when it works right ;p And nowadays it mostly does ,p

This comment was edited on Feb 27, 2014, 13:35.

23. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 13:12 Tumbler

I'm interested to see what other stuff there is in the full game. I'd heard someone say there are turrets and I've seen things on the map that look like that. I assume it's part of a game mode that shoots at the capital ships so while the demo didn't push me to buy I'm interested to try the full product.

I think I'll be testing out that 24 hour return policy on Origin in a few weeks.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

22. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 13:12 robdot

Entire generations of gamers have been programmed to pay 60 dollars for an online pass.  

21. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 12:56 netnerd85

harlock wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 12:50:
Beta was awesome which suprised me as I don't play COD of BF anymore since early 2000's. EA will actually get some money from me for 2 copies of this game for sure. Well played, well done. An MP game that is actually fun.

There is playing and then there is playing.

I "played" some COD Ghosts recently, that was complete shit compared.

20. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 12:50 harlock

19. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 12:43 netnerd85

18. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 12:11 Scottyl42

Sad that the xbox cant do 1080p in basically a launch game..what will happen down the road when games get really better looking?  

17. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 12:10 Arithon

I was really interested in this game. All the "next gen" hype implied that this game would be a flagship showcase for what the new XBOX could do. Finally a console game that would give the PC platform something to look forward to rather than dread. Boy, was I wrong!

Well, let's party like it's 2007! The textures are horrible, the AI is laughably bad and the game style is a twitch shooter with kill-replay-cam straight out of the Call of Duty:MW2 playbook. It has the depth of a teaspoon and no single player, so very little longevity.

While not "unplayable bad" this isn't an "amazing next gen game". It's a PC game that has been on hold for seven years and just got released.

The fact that this graphically mediocre game maxes the XBOX One out at just 720p, strongly suggests the hardware is well below the power of an entry level gaming PC.

If you can't stump up the 400 for a gaming PC, then wait for the next-next gen or face disappointment.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

16. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 12:02 Gadzooks

Its Call of Duty... with big robots... and Aimbot pistols for all.

15. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 11:52 theyarecomingforyou

nin wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 10:01:
We're a little over 3 months into it, where traditionally, there's a lull between launch titles and additional games.

1-2 years from now will be the real indicator.
Graphically this is the weakest generation of consoles we've seen. The XB1 is unable to hit 1080p in a lot of games, including Titanfall, with several going as low as 720p. We never saw drops that substantial with the last generation. Microsoft is having to remove all the GPU and CPU allocated for the OS / Kinect just to get games running well. Even the PS4 exclusive The Order: 1886 will run in letterbox (25% lower resolution than 1080p) and at 30fps.

I really hope that Valve gets Steam Machines right as it has the potential to make traditional consoles obsolete. As usual, the PC is where graphical innovation is happening.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

14. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 11:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

Verno wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 11:00:
BF4 is fun when Dice isn't fucking it up. It is definitely one of the best BF games, some of the level design is less than ideal for aircraft but I could care less about crying skylords.

Lol, skylords. I like that. BF series has been a playground for good jet/helo pilots for awhile now, BF4 is somewhat of a break from that.

Although they are going to be nerfing the MAA very soon, hopefully it doesn't lead to complete aircraft domination again. Although it is pretty easy for me to kill and harass the hell out of aircraft right now in the MAA...

As far as Titanfall, meh. Mech people will most likely play Hawken instead, one would think.

13. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 11:32 BitWraith

Beamer wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 11:18:
BitWraith wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 09:58:
This entire "new generation" has been a pretty big flop so far.

People have amazingly short memories.
I remember renting NES games when I had an SNES system because the SNES was a wasteland and the NES had its system-best games still being released.

It isn't like someone flips a switch and suddenly there's a new generation. Devs can't build for the new generation until it's got a decent adoption rate, so almost everything is still being put out with the last generation in mind.

My memory is fine. I remember not even touching my 360 for about a year.

I learned my lesson. I'm not falling for it again.

12. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 11:23 Creston

If a picture was worth a thousand pixels, maybe they could get to 1080P!

*badum psssshhh*

11. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 11:18 Beamer

People have amazingly short memories.
I remember renting NES games when I had an SNES system because the SNES was a wasteland and the NES had its system-best games still being released.

It isn't like someone flips a switch and suddenly there's a new generation. Devs can't build for the new generation until it's got a decent adoption rate, so almost everything is still being put out with the last generation in mind.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

10. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 11:17 Shineyguy

OldDirtyEwok wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 10:58:

Not really, I'm havings tons of fun with BF4, Ghosts and Killzone.

As for Titanfall, it's a pretty cool game, still debating if it's worth getting a new video card...or an xbox one

Titanfall uses Source engine, so unless your videocard is completely inept you should be able to run it quite well at high settings.

69 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo