Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Gone Gold - Titanfall

Respawn Entertainment tweets that Titanfall is gold, so the mech shooter should be on track for it's planned release on March 11th. If a picture is worth a thousand words, then the announcement is actually 1,002 words long: "We're gold!!!!!! #titanfall http://twitpic.com/dwrcnv." Thanks GameInformer.

View
69 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

49. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 20:37 Steele Johnson

Point and spam your fire button. Yay.

C'mon, now is the time for new types of pc games! The "been there done that" days should be over by now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

48. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 20:02 GameAnger

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 16:29:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 16:28:
pass.
Same here.
I did like the beta but I have more games to play than free time. I'll pick this up when it is all patched up and on sale in a few months.

Not to mention the DLC which will be added in a few weeks, you know the stuff that would have come with the game a few years ago.

Im amazed the amount of people jumping on this. Its EA guys, prepare to sell your soul and forego any standards you once had

47. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 18:44 SpectralMeat

I've used the Mexican proxy trick before and I could purchase games normally without any issues after that.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

46. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 17:59 DangerDog

Must have missed it, I only read something about not being able to buy EA games on the cheap from India, they raised the prices I guess.

Seems like they could just region lock their games if they wanted to.

45. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 17:46 xXBatmanXx

DangerDog wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 16:36:
Glykon wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 15:33:
Hmm so you played all, from ARMA , BF, Planetside 2, Warframe, Defiance and all rest and this shit is the only one you like ??

ARMA is a slow paced man simulator void of any decent pvp multiplayer. BF is fun but the never ending beta status has really taken a toll on the number of people left playing. I couldn't get into Planetside 2 just herds of players zerging around the maps capturing bases - which were really poorly designed, something that I've noticed they're trying to address with the latest update. Warframe, 3rd person shooter? - yeah, no thanks.

There's more to like about Titanfall than there is to hate, it's not so fast paced that it's only for people with ADHD yet intense enough that leaves you with that "just one more game" feeling at 1am.

I can see why people would hate on the casual aspect of it, and the randomness of the whole burn card system would drive all the e-sports people to bash their keyboard in. Respawn has a really good release window, nothing much on the horizon either - where the hell is GTA V for the PC???

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 16:31:

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED IN PREVIOUS THREADS!

If you use a proxy for a game and purchase in Mexico for Origin - you will make your account no longer able to add games. There are a ton of reddit threads about it, and I assume that thread also tells you that. They are cracking down on regions.

I have?

oh well, if I have to create a new origin account ~ whatever.

it's not that far off from what cd keys are going for

http://cdkeyprices.com/product/Titanfall-CD-Key

No, meaning I have posted about using a proxy for Origin before. They are locking it down. So if you buy a game with it, and your account locks, you won't be able to add DLC or any other game to that account. They mark it. Just a warning.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

44. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 16:36 DangerDog

Glykon wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 15:33:
Hmm so you played all, from ARMA , BF, Planetside 2, Warframe, Defiance and all rest and this shit is the only one you like ??

ARMA is a slow paced man simulator void of any decent pvp multiplayer. BF is fun but the never ending beta status has really taken a toll on the number of people left playing. I couldn't get into Planetside 2 just herds of players zerging around the maps capturing bases - which were really poorly designed, something that I've noticed they're trying to address with the latest update. Warframe, 3rd person shooter? - yeah, no thanks.

There's more to like about Titanfall than there is to hate, it's not so fast paced that it's only for people with ADHD yet intense enough that leaves you with that "just one more game" feeling at 1am.

I can see why people would hate on the casual aspect of it, and the randomness of the whole burn card system would drive all the e-sports people to bash their keyboard in. Respawn has a really good release window, nothing much on the horizon either - where the hell is GTA V for the PC???

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 16:31:

If you use a proxy for a game and purchase in Mexico for Origin - you will make your account no longer able to add games. There are a ton of reddit threads about it, and I assume that thread also tells you that. They are cracking down on regions.

I have?

oh well, if I have to create a new origin account ~ whatever.

it's not that far off from what cd keys are going for

http://cdkeyprices.com/product/Titanfall-CD-Key

This comment was edited on Feb 27, 2014, 17:00.

43. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 16:31 xXBatmanXx

DangerDog wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 15:04:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 14:43:
DangerDog wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 14:24:
It's a fun, casual, fast paced shooter. The call of duty comparisons is only on the surface, customizing your loadout, unlocking stuff. The rest is different enough to stand on its own, no stupid kill streaks, movement is fluid as any unreal tournament and not clunky like CoD. The parkour feels good and isn't so much of a gimmick like it was in "Brink".

It's priced too high but I only paid $40 for it which is more in line what it should be without there being a single player campaign. It's going to be bundled for free with xbox one's starting next month so I suspect EA will go after mass number of units sold and discount it heavily on the PC.

The texture complaints aren't an issue, the damn thing is 48gb install or some such. The option for "insane" textures wasn't enabled in the beta, you'll need 3gb of vram to use it though.

I thought the game would be "Titanfail" while looking at footage and how it looked dated, no destruction etc but after playing the beta it's sort of addicting, something you can get a quick shooter fix from without spending a ton of time trying to find a half way decent game like you do with Battlefield - only to be team switched half way through to the losing side from some autobalance script.

The kill stuff to get to a titan faster mechanic is the very definition of the killstreak mechanic, except there is only 1, and that is your Titan....

Also where hell have you been buying this? Origin asks 60 euros, that's 82$ !

Or put simply, a complete rip-off in best EA manner.

The minions are there to harvest xp and lower your titan respawn timer, not quite the same thing as needing to kill other players and get a special advantage nobody else gets. The burn cards are perhaps the closest to there being a one side player perk but you can use them too and they only last the duration of one life. I see them mostly as a bonus for bad players to get access to stuff that you can unlock through extended play - some have a "boost" to their stats but again that only lasts one life.

Maybe I'll be surprised with what the "story mode" campaign has for content but it seems like a game that you can consume in a couple weeks time and either continue playing it or only go back to it when the urge to kicks in, it's so casual that there's no floundering around trying to remember how to control weapon recoil or anything like that. I sort of like that it puts "fun" first and leaves all that hardcore pseudo realism bullshit aside.

[url=http://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/1wxbi5/titanfall_is_42_on_origin_mexico/]

or greenmangaming with their ever so often 20% off codes, or other key distro sites if you want to.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

42. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 16:29 SpectralMeat

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 16:28:
pass.
Same here.
I did like the beta but I have more games to play than free time. I'll pick this up when it is all patched up and on sale in a few months.

41. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 16:28 xXBatmanXx

pass.  

40. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 15:33 Glykon

39. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 15:30 Cutter

If a Tit falls in a forest, does it make a sound?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

38. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 15:15 eRe4s3r

Yeah I just remembered I saw it for 42$ on that one keysite I use for cheap games on Origin.... don't get me wrong, the game was fun in the beta and it's clearly different from COD in some ways... you actually summed it perfectly, it's fast-food. You play it for a short while have fun, and there is no entry skill required which lends itself to pickup and drop gameplay... more than BF4 anyway, which can be super brutal if you are not playing it regularly.

Still I think these systems can be classified as a perk and killstreak equiv though ;p

37. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 15:04 DangerDog

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 14:43:
It's a fun, casual, fast paced shooter. The call of duty comparisons is only on the surface, customizing your loadout, unlocking stuff. The rest is different enough to stand on its own, no stupid kill streaks, movement is fluid as any unreal tournament and not clunky like CoD. The parkour feels good and isn't so much of a gimmick like it was in "Brink".

It's priced too high but I only paid $40 for it which is more in line what it should be without there being a single player campaign. It's going to be bundled for free with xbox one's starting next month so I suspect EA will go after mass number of units sold and discount it heavily on the PC.

The texture complaints aren't an issue, the damn thing is 48gb install or some such. The option for "insane" textures wasn't enabled in the beta, you'll need 3gb of vram to use it though.

I thought the game would be "Titanfail" while looking at footage and how it looked dated, no destruction etc but after playing the beta it's sort of addicting, something you can get a quick shooter fix from without spending a ton of time trying to find a half way decent game like you do with Battlefield - only to be team switched half way through to the losing side from some autobalance script.

The kill stuff to get to a titan faster mechanic is the very definition of the killstreak mechanic, except there is only 1, and that is your Titan....

The minions are there to harvest xp and lower your titan respawn timer, not quite the same thing as needing to kill other players and get a special advantage nobody else gets. The burn cards are perhaps the closest to there being a one side player perk but you can use them too and they only last the duration of one life. I see them mostly as a bonus for bad players to get access to stuff that you can unlock through extended play - some have a "boost" to their stats but again that only lasts one life.

Maybe I'll be surprised with what the "story mode" campaign has for content but it seems like a game that you can consume in a couple weeks time and either continue playing it or only go back to it when the urge to kicks in, it's so casual that there's no floundering around trying to remember how to control weapon recoil or anything like that. I sort of like that it puts "fun" first and leaves all that hardcore pseudo realism bullshit aside.

[url=http://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/1wxbi5/titanfall_is_42_on_origin_mexico/]

or greenmangaming with their ever so often 20% off codes, or other key distro sites if you want to.

36. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 14:49 Yosemite Sam

Heh I remember last year you all were like "awesome game man" and I was like "meh seems lame" ... like I said during E3 last year, Destiny is gonna be the one :p  

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

35. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 14:43 eRe4s3r

34. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 14:43 SpectralMeat

Tumbler wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 14:37:
My average experience in a game today is to install it.
You are not the only one!
I have all my Steam games installed updated ready to rock and roll, and I've played them like 2 hrs total in the past 2 weeks.
By the time I get to play them the graphics will be outdated!

33. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 14:37 Tumbler

I expect it will be discounted at least that low, $40, in the first month. BF4 released at the end of October and I think it hit $35 before black friday and was $25 on black friday or something crazy like that? That game had it's problems so maybe we won't see a big drop as fast on this one but it's crazy how fast stuff goes down in price these days. You don't even have to be patient, just be busy. I have so many games to play...I need to start hiring people to play my games...that's how many unplayed games I have. My average experience in a game today is to install it. Steam makes that easy so I install a lot of games. I might even boot it up just to get those preliminary drivers loaded. I haven't even touched broken age yet. It's installed though! I installed the SHIT out of that thing!

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

32. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 14:24 DangerDog

31. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 14:21 Kegaro

Blue's News... home of the Negative Nellies.

I played the Titanfall Beta, not expecting much at first, but in the end found that I was actually having fun playing it. Now with that being said, is it worth $60 for an MP only game, I don't think so.

30. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 13:57 harlock

netnerd85 wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 12:56:
harlock wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 12:50:
netnerd85 wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 12:43:
An MP game that is actually fun.

so, you dont play MP FPS very often?
There is playing and then there is playing.

I "played" some COD Ghosts recently, that was complete shit compared.

whats with the pseudo-intellectual non-answer, oh "nerd"?

i'll just skip ahead anyways.. since your original comment was "a MP game that is actually fun", it might imply that you arent very familiar with fun MPs, or that you dislike MPs in general, or dont have very much experience to draw from

and that kind of background would be something perfectly in line with a love for this particular game

69 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo