Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll

The Roberts Space Industries website has a poll gauging interest from Star Citizen backers in them holding a limited sale this weekend of the Mustang, the alternate starter ship that was funded as a stretch goal back when the game had a mere $28 million in crowd-funding. Apparently none of the coding for the ship is done yet (of course, neither is the game), but word is: "Since that reveal, we’ve been inundated by support tickets demanding that we sell these new ships immediately." So here's their question:

We initially opted not to sell the Mustang alongside the announcement because it is still in the concept stages. The ship has not been built in 3D in the CryEngine yet, and they will likely not appear in your Hangar for several months. There’s no cool commercial or slate of variants yet, either. But the demand has been higher than we’ve ever seen for a prototype ship before, and so we’ve decided to leave the decision in your hands.

As promised, when we launch the Mustang, existing LTI Aurora users will be allowed to swap their ships for Mustangs. An LTI Mustang badge will be distributed to everyone with a qualifying Aurora, allowing them to melt the old ship for store credit and purchase an LTI Mustang.

Should we offer the Mustang as a limited sale this weekend? Vote below to decide!

View
52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

52. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Mar 1, 2014, 02:03 [VG]Reagle

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 17:49:
Hombres, from my experience with the official SC forums, it's completely pointless to even try reasoning with Church of Roberts cultists. We have all seen fanbois, we've seen rabid fanbois but nothing, and I mean NUTTIN', even comes close to Church of Roberts cultists. They make O.J. Simpson's lawyers look like fucking amateurs when it comes to defending their MASTER.
Seriously, don't even try. Waste of breath, keyboard strokes and time.
Sgreed ... The Star Trek Fan Boi Force is Strong on this one.

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

51. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 27, 2014, 17:49 CJ_Parker

Hombres, from my experience with the official SC forums, it's completely pointless to even try reasoning with Church of Roberts cultists. We have all seen fanbois, we've seen rabid fanbois but nothing, and I mean NUTTIN', even comes close to Church of Roberts cultists. They make O.J. Simpson's lawyers look like fucking amateurs when it comes to defending their MASTER.
Seriously, don't even try. Waste of breath, keyboard strokes and time.

50. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 27, 2014, 11:15 harlock

Nom4d wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 01:17:
I do like how in all three posts you've made, you've tried to mock me, but haven't actually come up with a good counter point.

i like how you are an utterly fucking clueless sheep that goes "baaaaa baaaaa"

49. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 27, 2014, 08:18 Mr. Tact

I'll feel better about Star Citizen as soon as Roberts stops asking for more money and just builds the game.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

48. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 27, 2014, 07:28 Nom4d

Luke wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 07:19:
Nom4d wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 06:35:
InBlack wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 04:25:
People have a HUUUUGE problem with F2P games (Pay2Win) but somehow its OKAY for Chris Roberts to sell 1000$ ships for a product that IS STILL IN DEVELOPMENT and has already been fully financed and then some?!

People don't have a problem with it because they are buying into the game knowing it's in development, their money is used to back development/stretch goals (and they will eventually get a ship for it) and the process of development has been made very transparent (if you compare it to other game devs, be it AAA dev titles or other 'indie games'). It has nothing to do with being deep down a rabbit hole, more than not screaming bloody murder that the game hasn't 'got anything to show for it' after just being in development for 1,5 years (which is very short for the scope this game is going for in the first place).

But it really doesn't matter which way I argue because it seems you're convinced we're all mindless sheep in Chris Robbert's pocket, so good luck with that.

justify justify all the way for what a ghost game... Book

Yes, that one ghost game which has been showing new content and development updates on an almost weekly basis.

47. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 27, 2014, 07:19 Luke

Nom4d wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 06:35:
People have a HUUUUGE problem with F2P games (Pay2Win) but somehow its OKAY for Chris Roberts to sell 1000$ ships for a product that IS STILL IN DEVELOPMENT and has already been fully financed and then some?!

People don't have a problem with it because they are buying into the game knowing it's in development, their money is used to back development/stretch goals (and they will eventually get a ship for it) and the process of development has been made very transparent (if you compare it to other game devs, be it AAA dev titles or other 'indie games'). It has nothing to do with being deep down a rabbit hole, more than not screaming bloody murder that the game hasn't 'got anything to show for it' after just being in development for 1,5 years (which is very short for the scope this game is going for in the first place).

But it really doesn't matter which way I argue because it seems you're convinced we're all mindless sheep in Chris Robbert's pocket, so good luck with that.

justify justify all the way for what a ghost game... Book

46. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 27, 2014, 06:35 Nom4d

45. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 27, 2014, 05:47 Iurand

PropheT wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 21:53:
So...what are you buying then?

Nothing. He helps with game development and as gratitude, in finished game he will have more ships.

If it's like Warframe where you can earn it all in-game or buy it from their store, that's pretty much just buying DLC. EA has paid unlocks constantly and gets torn to hell over it, Free to play games have it as part of their business model... what's different here?

How long did you have to play Mass Effect to get that Prothean DLC for free?

44. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 27, 2014, 04:25 InBlack

Sleep wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 04:07:
InBlack wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 03:27:
Slinkycatz wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 20:10:
Other than the cool concept art, this news is actually boring and insignificant... seeing some of you twist this into your convoluted conspiracy theories to make it match what you've personally been believing all along is ridiculous, frankly.

So telling it like it is, i.e. calling Christ Roberts out on selling a non existant space ship, for a non existing game is somehow conspiracy theory material? Wow...

No youre right, its far more likely that there isnt actually any development going on and that games should just pop out fully formed on funding, like some kickstarter gestalt. Thats how it usually happens.

What the fuck are you on about?? No one here has stated anything otherwise. If anything you are just making my point for me YES the game is in development, thats exactly the problem. We are debating the morality of fleecing people like sheep with nothing to show for it!!

I have a nifty blue line!

43. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 27, 2014, 04:07 Sleep

InBlack wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 03:27:
Other than the cool concept art, this news is actually boring and insignificant... seeing some of you twist this into your convoluted conspiracy theories to make it match what you've personally been believing all along is ridiculous, frankly.

So telling it like it is, i.e. calling Christ Roberts out on selling a non existant space ship, for a non existing game is somehow conspiracy theory material? Wow...

No youre right, its far more likely that there isnt actually any development going on and that games should just pop out fully formed on funding, like some kickstarter gestalt. Thats how it usually happens.

42. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 27, 2014, 03:35 InBlack

Nom4d wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 01:17:
harlock wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 17:55:
Nom4d wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 17:28:
For those who have been paying attention, Chris Robberts has said that some of the promised features will probably not be in at the launch of the game (See a few of the '10 for the Chairman' episodes for example). The intention is to keep content and features coming in for a long time after launch. I get the feeling that a lot of people have their expectations all wrong. Also entitlement and impatience.

dont forget a lack of reading comprehension.. because, as we all know.. this is clearly stated

I do like how in all three posts you've made, you've tried to mock me, but haven't actually come up with a good counter point.

In other news, it's good to see not everyone in this thread is as jaded and cynical (can't wait to see the 'at least we're realistic / not suckers' reactions to that). I for one am looking forward to the DFM in a few months.

Says the guy who cant figure out the irony in a company promising to sell a more finished product for a non existing game???? Im getting way ahead of myself though, its obvious that you are either A) employed by Chris Roberts or B) have fallen so far down the rabbit hole that you cant see the forest from the trees.

41. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 27, 2014, 03:27 InBlack

40. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 27, 2014, 01:17 Nom4d

harlock wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 17:55:
Nom4d wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 17:28:
For those who have been paying attention, Chris Robberts has said that some of the promised features will probably not be in at the launch of the game (See a few of the '10 for the Chairman' episodes for example). The intention is to keep content and features coming in for a long time after launch. I get the feeling that a lot of people have their expectations all wrong. Also entitlement and impatience.

dont forget a lack of reading comprehension.. because, as we all know.. this is clearly stated

In other news, it's good to see not everyone in this thread is as jaded and cynical (can't wait to see the 'at least we're realistic / not suckers' reactions to that). I for one am looking forward to the DFM in a few months.

39. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 27, 2014, 00:30 Cutter

The only thing I ever see about it is that the game hits a new funding goal, celebrated by selling more stuff.

Spot on. I simply can not wait until this time next year and see where SC is actually at. Probably still selling virtual crap to raise more money.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

38. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 26, 2014, 23:22 Optional Nickname!

As a StarCitizen backer, I am overwhlemed by the volume of information provided about the game's development. The game before the game of getting your hangar in order is just as fun as any other form of item collection in gaming.

RSI is providing one of the most transparent and accessible AAA game developments to date, with unprecedented fan-based input. Launch-day will have issues like any other popular title has had on their launch-day, but with multiple modules including multi-player ones being tested long before then, many issues will be fixed long before retail release.

tl/dr: Lifetime Insurance

37. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 26, 2014, 21:53 PropheT

{PH}88fingers wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 18:49:
All these ships will be available to the person who paid $30.00 for the game. You don't have to pay a penny more if you don't want to.

So...what are you buying then? They're clearly selling something here, it's a vote on having microtransactions for something that's not finished yet (which is still DLC).

If it's like Warframe where you can earn it all in-game or buy it from their store, that's pretty much just buying DLC. EA has paid unlocks constantly and gets torn to hell over it, Free to play games have it as part of their business model... what's different here?

Again, the only reason anyone is saying anything is because this game has ballooned to a huge amount of funding but the only news that ever comes out of it seems to be new ways for people to throw more money at it. I haven't bought into it, I don't know much about it other than what I see here (and from the web site I can't tell if it's a single player game or a F2P MMO, even), and most of what I've seen has been positive here... but I'm not seeing anything unreasonable about people wondering where the line is drawn between news about the game moving forward and about the next new way for more money to be spent on it before there's anything to play.

The only thing I ever see about it is that the game hits a new funding goal, celebrated by selling more stuff.

36. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 26, 2014, 20:59 harlock

I've always planned to work my way up instead of buying any other ships.

damn thats impressive

35. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 26, 2014, 20:10 Slinkycatz

Way too many of you do not appear to understand the context of what you are talking about. If you take things out of context, your argument is going to be ridiculous because it is not dealing with reality. Please do your homework before you post.

I'm only into this game for $30, as I backed it during the Kickstarter phase. That gets me the Aurora ship with lifetime insurance. I've always planned to work my way up instead of buying any other ships.

Since the Mustang is in the same starter ship class as the Aurora, I've been given the option to switch to that ship and still be able to keep my lifetime insurance I earned with the Aurora. The Mustang is a more combat oriented ship, while the Aurora is a jack of all trades.

This Blues News post is about those who want to buy a Mustang. The question is whether they should sell this Mustang now when it won't be available for a few months, or only sell it when people can immediately see it in their hangar. I voted to wait, because otherwise we'd keep hearing from the "the latest hangar patch didn't include the Mustang, WAAAH" crowd.

34. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 26, 2014, 18:49 {PH}88fingers

It's not DLC though. DLC usually means you HAVE to buy it in order to be able to enjoy that part of the game, or else you are shit out of luck with only the base game.

All these ships will be available to the person who paid $30.00 for the game. You don't have to pay a penny more if you don't want to.

So as far as I understand what dlc is, this isn't it.. it's just perks of having another ship at the start of the game for those who want to help fund the development with more money. Those ships can be earned in-game through normal playing.

33. Re: Star Citizen Mustang Sale Poll Feb 26, 2014, 18:45 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 17:35:
/shit - 3 posts from you and all in this thread. Fell for it.

Yep, you did.

52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo