Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2014, 21:17 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 11:53:
Kids do weird shit, so that's forgiven. I took a bunch of kids from church to Micky D's, and a ten year old got an order of fries and a frosty. Then she proceeded to dip the fries into the frosty before eating them... :o

Weird... a few days ago on another forum I'm on somebody posted this:

I've been known to go to McDonalds and order fries, and then go to the Wendys right next door and order a frosty. Then I dip my fries in the frosty. It's epic.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2014, 11:53 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 17:40:
Creston wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 11:28:
Yeah, when I saw that commercial I was thinking to myself "Who the fuck wants FRITOS on their sandwich??"

My daughter loves stuffing chips into her sandwiches.

Kids do weird shit, so that's forgiven. I took a bunch of kids from church to Micky D's, and a ten year old got an order of fries and a frosty. Then she proceeded to dip the fries into the frosty before eating them...

I just can't imagine that Subway is focusing this on kids, as it's not exactly their target market.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2014, 23:57 xXBatmanXx

PHJF wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 23:53:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 20:27:

As part of the program, to protect survey participants and the public, it was important to know the extent of the drivers' drinking. To this end, a passive alcohol sensor (PAS), attached to the PDA with VelcroTM, was used to collect mixed expired air from approximately 6 inches in front of the driver's face

wtf!? Never heard about that. I use my nose....don't need a damn machine.

Around here they don't hold up in court and supposedly aren't very accurate.

Smell alone is enough to increase the scope of a stop.
Throw in HGN (easily seen even while in the car) and you have a solid case.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

26. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2014, 23:53 PHJF

As part of the program, to protect survey participants and the public, it was important to know the extent of the drivers' drinking. To this end, a passive alcohol sensor (PAS), attached to the PDA with VelcroTM, was used to collect mixed expired air from approximately 6 inches in front of the driver's face

Around here they don't hold up in court and supposedly aren't very accurate.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

25. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2014, 23:53 xXBatmanXx

jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 22:07:
Cutter wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 10:43:
I'm surprised only one person so far is suing over those roadblocks. I'd be suing!

*sigh*

I guess they never rolled this program out in Minnesota?

Can't, roadblocks are illegal unless the feds do them to catch a fugitive or some garbage like that. Roadblocks for the use of traffic enforcement are a no no.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2014, 22:07 jdreyer

I'm surprised only one person so far is suing over those roadblocks. I'd be suing!

*sigh*

I guess they never rolled this program out in Minnesota?

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

23. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2014, 20:27 xXBatmanXx

*sigh*

22. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2014, 19:19 nin

El Pit wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 14:23:
nin wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 14:09:
El Pit wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 14:02:
The second Godzilla trailer has just been released, and this Godzilla can change its size...?! It looks a mile high in one scene and about as big as Emmerich's Godzilla in the next one. Sloppy design or intended?

It's Godzilla, not Shakespeare. Set your expectations accordingly.

Hey, the CGI in Hamlet is AWESOME, man! And Othello never changed his size once in his blockbuster movie.

Just watched it here - I have to admit, it actually looks semi entertaining.

And was that Rodan?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

21. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2014, 17:50 jdreyer

Teller laughs when seeing man with knife wanting to rob bank.

Wow, talk about poorly planned.

Also, nice takedown. Anxious

20. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2014, 17:47 jdreyer

Red Dead Redemption, Short Film by John Hillcoat. PC version in the works

Fixed.

Bigcry

19. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2014, 17:40 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 11:28:
Yeah, when I saw that commercial I was thinking to myself "Who the fuck wants FRITOS on their sandwich??"

My daughter loves stuffing chips into her sandwiches.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2014, 17:39 jdreyer

nin wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 08:59:
'Walking Dead,' 'Archer,' 'Portal,' 'NHL' and 'Sleepy Hollow' board game plans. Thanks The Escapist.

I can only hope the Archer game involves actual drinking.

Archer voice: Are there games that DON'T involve drinking?

17. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2014, 16:48 Yosemite Sam

Creston wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 15:37:
Fox is basically doing the same thing with the 24 mini-series coming this summer. (Which has me excited to NO END, because I absolutely fucking LOVE 24.)

That show was soooo stupid a child could point out the idiocy of the plot lines... and yet I had to absolutely watch the next episode. Self induced torture or a good laugh?

PSN id PR345(PS3) PST Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

Looking for an active crew in GTA 5? I'm a Crew lieutenant for VCCM, adults only, 500+ members.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

16. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2014, 15:51 Verno

Creston wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 15:37:
Fox is basically doing the same thing with the 24 mini-series coming this summer. (Which has me excited to NO END, because I absolutely fucking LOVE 24.)

I think there's an audience for 24 because people liked the Bauer character and the shows tropes were stupid but well worn. There are still very few shows like 24 despite many attempting the formula over the years. It's like comfort food for people who like rendition and the threat of viral/nuclear annihilation

Heroes though? Its ratings dropped off after the fizzle of the first season finale and the quality of the show never reached that level again. I lost track of who Ali Larter was supposed to be on a weekly basis. I don't know anyone who is chomping at the bit for more of that mismanaged turd. Did I mention its the same show runner?

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Korengal, Legends, Intruders

15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2014, 15:39 BobBob

Wearing shorts, a t-shirt, sunglasses and a hat, I was watching the Winter Olympics on my laptop in the sun on my patio.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2014, 15:39 Creston

Pigeon wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 14:46:
Chips with a sandwich is weird? That's been like defacto American lunch since man first dipped thin sliced potato into hot boiling lard.

I can sort of see it with a sandwich, though it isn't my thing, but I'm specifically talking about people eating meat and potatoes for dinner, and then having a side of fucking potato chips with it. (Hi America, that is why you're fat.)

13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2014, 15:37 Creston

Verno wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 13:44:
Bahaha NBC failed at bringing back 1997 so its going with 2007 instead, apparently they're trying to relaunch Heroes as a miniseries next year. Who exactly was even asking for this? The general public tuned out after the disappointing end to the first season and almost every sane fan ended up hating it by the end of its run.

No, I'm actually going to disagree with you on that. The first season was awesome. They badly fucked up in the second season by quickly rewriting episode 12 to force an ending right before the writers' strike, which completely tore all their dangling plotlines to shreds.

They still had plenty of fans at this point, but season 3 was basically terrible. The first few episodes were pretty good, with future Peter trying to prevent his future, and in doing so messing loads of things up, but then it went downhill really fast.

They got desperate then for season 4, started messing with things, made Claire the #1 most important character (which led to the most ridiculous 'lesbian kiss' ever), and it all sealed the deal even though the storyline of season 4 was actually pretty good.

By this point they didn't have enough viewers left to justify the spiraling costs of the show, and they canceled it, despite the core fan audience still numbering in the millions.

Those fans have almost constantly been clamoring for the story line to get finished. NBC has hinted at allowing a short series or movie to 'wrap things up', but that never came to anything.

So at first I thought this mini-series was supposed to be that wrap-up, but it appears to be an attempt to reboot it. I guess if they make it a 13 episode series, they can keep costs low enough that the few million fans heroes still has make it worth it.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2014, 14:46 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 12:37:
Rhett wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 12:07:
The crunch can be good... but Subway manages to make it look very unappealing. Last time I was in one (a couple weeks), the pocket for fritos was almost entirely empty too. Someone's buying it...

*shudders*

I mean, Americans eat some really weird combinations (like ham sandwiches with fucking MAYO on them!) but that just... ugh. It was already weird to me to see people eating chips as part of a meal, but okay. But to put them ON your sandwich?

Chips with a sandwich is weird? That's been like defacto American lunch since man first dipped thin sliced potato into hot boiling lard. Now on a sandwich, that's just blasphemy! I find the issue is they sort of cancel each other out when eaten in one mouthful. The flavors of the chip are muted by the sandwich and vice versa. Just wait till Asia gets a hold of our chip and sandwich technology. They have already wed pizza and hotdogs into an unholy monstrosity.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2014, 14:45 El Pit

Hm... I've watched the Godzilla trailer a couple of times now. There is more than just Godzilla in this movie, there are other big monsters which explains the different sizes.  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2014, 14:23 El Pit

nin wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 14:09:
El Pit wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 14:02:
The second Godzilla trailer has just been released, and this Godzilla can change its size...?! It looks a mile high in one scene and about as big as Emmerich's Godzilla in the next one. Sloppy design or intended?

It's Godzilla, not Shakespeare. Set your expectations accordingly.

Hey, the CGI in Hamlet is AWESOME, man! And Othello never changed his size once in his blockbuster movie.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo