Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

THIEF Launch Trailer

A new THIEF Launch Trailer is now available to celebrate next week's return of the kleptomaniacal stealth series. Word is: "take a sneaky peek at the launch trailer containing new sections of gameplay and glimpses at some key encounters that lie in wait for Garrett."

View
65 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

65. but but but what is missing Feb 24, 2014, 11:17 harlock

see new thread  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

64. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 21, 2014, 08:59 Mad Max RW

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 08:11:
Quinn wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 08:06:
I don't get it how people can already be playing this either. Their version legit?
Probably playing the console version. Which explains why they don't like it, it isn't Halo or Gears of War.

Actually no. Broken AI, terrible voice acting, and laughable story seem to be the top complaints.

63. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 21, 2014, 08:42 SpectralMeat

Quinn wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 08:39:
I don't get it how people can already be playing this either. Their version legit?
Probably playing the console version. Which explains why they don't like it, it isn't Halo or Gears of War.

Indeed :\ Did a quick search and didn't find an earlier release date for consoles, though. I must have overlooked a proper google result.
No the release date is the same but some smaller game shops will sell the game early. It happens all the time especially with highly anticipated games.
One of the local game stores actually sells console games early for $10 more.

Steam: SpectralMeat

62. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 21, 2014, 08:39 Quinn

Indeed :\ Did a quick search and didn't find an earlier release date for consoles, though. I must have overlooked a proper google result.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

61. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 21, 2014, 08:11 SpectralMeat

Steam: SpectralMeat

60. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 21, 2014, 08:06 Quinn

Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 07:39:
Heh, so people who played this are saying it's "Colonial Marines bad". Wow. Hope the bumbling fools who preordered get their money's worth somehow. Actually no I don't.

I don't see how this can possibly be as bad as CM. The gameplay footage of CM had "fucking crap!" ALLLLLL ALL ALL over it. Have you seen the 30+ minutes of gameplay footage from Thief? That footage looks good. Period. Maybe you don't like the genre or would've wished to see Garrett jump freely but overal it just looks like a good quality game. I don't get it how people can already be playing this either. Their version legit?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

59. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 21, 2014, 07:39 Mad Max RW

Heh, so people who played this are saying it's "Colonial Marines bad". Wow. Hope the bumbling fools who preordered get their money's worth somehow. Actually no I don't.  

58. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 22:26 Redmask

Creston wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 21:39:
harlock wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 18:24:
Squirmer wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 17:36:
Oh, and there was a QTE in the livestream too. I thought they removed those, but the guy needed to TAP SQUARE to move a wooden beam that was blocking his path.

i think those segments of squeezing through an area and moving beams is the replacement for a loading screen... notice you cant see the level behind you or ahead of you until you make it through

seems to happen in multiple areas

Huh, I didn't even realize that. That's actually pretty clever.

It's a surprisingly common technique. Batman pulling grates in Arkham Asylum is another example and Tomb Raider does the squeezing through a wall routine too. I don't particularly mind it when they're spaced out well.

57. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 21:39 Creston

Oh, and there was a QTE in the livestream too. I thought they removed those, but the guy needed to TAP SQUARE to move a wooden beam that was blocking his path.

i think those segments of squeezing through an area and moving beams is the replacement for a loading screen... notice you cant see the level behind you or ahead of you until you make it through

Huh, I didn't even realize that. That's actually pretty clever.

56. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 20:53 MajorD

Task wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 20:48:
MajorD wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 18:31:
Task wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 18:09:
Why is that I can not find this Thief game anywhere to buy for PC on a DVD? Its all download only... and yet the consoles get their disks and PC enthusiasts don't? Wtf.

Here at Amazon. Amazing, they are charging a premium for it now as we get close to a release of the new Thief. I saw this numerous times on amazon for $9.99, and lower, several months ago.

Or here on eBay.

Or you could just STEAL it from someone.

Good luck.....

Lol, funny, but you know what I meant.

Besides I'm thinking about getting this Thief Collection for 13.99, although I already bought all these games on Steam recently. Just a little something for my game disk collection :-D, everything is digital these days, and a little less meaningful as bytes on my Hard drive.

Sweet! I know what you mean, I am a collector of Retail PC games/boxes myself. My collection starts with Wolfenstein 3D on 3.5" Disk.

For those who pre-ordered the new Thief, 'Pre-Load' is now available. Maybe it has been all along, I don't know, but I just noticed it tonight when I launched Steam.

55. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 20:48 Task

Why is that I can not find this Thief game anywhere to buy for PC on a DVD? Its all download only... and yet the consoles get their disks and PC enthusiasts don't? Wtf.

Here at Amazon. Amazing, they are charging a premium for it now as we get close to a release of the new Thief. I saw this numerous times on amazon for $9.99, and lower, several months ago.

Or here on eBay.

Good luck.....

Lol, funny, but you know what I meant.

Besides I'm thinking about getting this Thief Collection for 13.99, although I already bought all these games on Steam recently. Just a little something for my game disk collection :-D, everything is digital these days, and a little less meaningful as bytes on my Hard drive.

54. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 20:28 MajorD

Beamer wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 18:35:

Or here on eBay.

Good luck.....

That isn't Amazon selling it, it's someone selling it on Amazon, so I'm not surprised at the markup.
It's only $13 if you buy it used on Amazon, again from a 3rd party. Still jacked up.

Amazon has the digital copy for $6.99 http://www.amazon.com/Square-Enix-Thief-Gold-Download/dp/B009IXL5FO

Understood on 3rd parties. Thanks Beamer. $6.99 isn't too shabby for DC.

53. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 18:54 Quinn

Indeed, it's either that or it gives the player the sense of having mass. I love stuff like this, and I'd rather have some influence on the sequences instead of having the controls taken away from me entirely and it turning into a boring cutscene. Complain about QTE, sure. This has NOTHING to do with Quick-Time-Events. You don't have to "quick time" anything -- it's not like the beam will fall on your head if you don't press X at precisely fhe right time. When people start complaining about segments like these, they are searching so hard for stuff to moan about it's becoming irrational behavior.

The earlier comment about the pressure plate and lack of manual jumping... Now THAT's valid. I've kinda learned to accept the removal of manual jumping, but after said example I'm back on the boat of defiance. They removed manual jumping because a "master thief shouldn't be able to make a wrong jump". Now this "master thief" is too much of an idiot to realize he can by-pass a pressure plate simply hopping over it. It's exactly the sort of example I used in the discussions with Jerykk, and even then I thought the devs wouldn't be so stupid as to make an arm's length trap an actual obstacle for a guy who's not in a wheelchair.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

52. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 18:35 Beamer

Or here on eBay.

Good luck.....

That isn't Amazon selling it, it's someone selling it on Amazon, so I'm not surprised at the markup.
It's only $13 if you buy it used on Amazon, again from a 3rd party. Still jacked up.

Amazon has the digital copy for $6.99 http://www.amazon.com/Square-Enix-Thief-Gold-Download/dp/B009IXL5FO

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

51. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 18:31 MajorD

Or here on eBay.

Good luck.....

50. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 18:24 harlock

49. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 18:12 Kosumo

MajorD wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 13:14:
....and just think of how much fun we missed in the posts during the down time. Popcorn

I was just glad there was no Star Citizen news during that time. Nono

48. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 18:09 Task

47. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2014, 17:52 Mashiki Amiketo

MajorD wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 17:44:

My concern is that if the developers didn't implement this correctly and/or too much, it will break continuity in player immersive-ness. And potentially be annoying too.

Oh I agree, I guess we'll see in a few days. Interestingly enough there's 60+ people playing it now on Steam too bad they're not leaking anything on it.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

46. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2014, 17:44 MajorD

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 17:40:
I wouldn't really call that QTE, as compared to other's like the fist-fighting in Witcher2 or the stuff in other various games. I'd probably call it closer to environment interaction, but feel free to disagree.

My concern is that if the developers didn't implement this correctly and/or too much, it will break continuity in player immersive-ness. And potentially be annoying too.

65 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo