Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Monaco Sells > 500K

PocketwatchGames tweets sales figures for Monaco: What's Yours is Mine, saying the stealth/heist game has sold more than a half-million units: "Sales update: We're well over half a million units of Monaco sold! (~520K), only includes about half the HIB sales since we are BTA." TLA check: HIB is Humble Indie Bundle, but BTA was a mystery (the definitions on Wikipedia and Urban Dictionary shed no light on this), but Joystiq fills in the blank that this is "Beat the Average."

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Monaco Sells > 500K Feb 20, 2014, 14:52 Numinar

Excellent.

Really good game, one of the only ones where random co-op is actually awesome as well. Wonder if they made much money on XBLA or if it's alllll steam?

But too tricky for drunken local sessions, though not as bad as Spelunky MP. Samurai Gunn sorts us out for that though these days.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Monaco Sells > 500K Feb 20, 2014, 14:36 descender

It was actually part of a better bundle (all co-op games) a few weeks ago. I imagine that and the steam holiday sales are where a majority of the sales came from.  

3. Re: Monaco Sells > 500K Feb 20, 2014, 14:26 jdreyer

netnerd85 wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 12:07:
Was part of the indie bundle recently so...

That bundle is still valid for the next 12 days.

Right BTA is "Beat the Average" since Monaco only gets money if people pay more than the average to unlock it, so only half the sales are going to them, although it's the more expensive half. Also, the money they get is determined by the charity sliders, i.e. how much people designate for the devs vs. charity. I imagine though, that most people just leave the 85% default.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

2. Re: Monaco Sells > 500K Feb 20, 2014, 12:07 netnerd85

Was part of the indie bundle recently so...  

1. Re: Monaco Sells > 500K Feb 20, 2014, 08:52 nin

Excellent news for an excellent game!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo