Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Square Enix on More PC FINAL FANTASY

Final Fantasy producer Yoshinori Kitase tells Eurogamer that Square Enix is interested in bringing more FINAL FANTASY games to the PC, in spite of starting off explaining they developed FF13 on PCs but only released it for consoles. "Let's not forget, when we developed the Final Fantasy 13 series, all three titles, at the early stages of development we were working on PC," Kitase circuitously explains. "Then we had to port it to the consoles. As far as the technology is concerned, it would have been possible for us to make a PC version, but we decided against it for two reasons: we looked at the market situation and we didn't think it would be a good idea, and also it would have involved lots of complex issues like security. So we decided not to do it this time around. But we see potential in it and there are lots of regions and countries where PC is very strong. So in terms of our hope of being able to deliver our games to every single country in the world and to as many gamers as possible, yes, we would definitely be interested in pursuing that route in the future."

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Square Enix on More PC FINAL FANTASY Feb 21, 2014, 01:34 Cram

Pigeon wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 09:53:
I'm more interested in a remake of VI

I have absolutely no faith in SquareEnix being able to retain the magic of FFVI in a total remake.

This comment was edited on Feb 21, 2014, 08:06.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Square Enix on More PC FINAL FANTASY Feb 20, 2014, 15:53 Task

NKD wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 14:36:
I'm more interested in a remake of VI and to a lesser extent V. Classic style FF gameplay, with a good story and updated graphics. Yes please.

I'm more interested in some _new_ Final Fantasy games with de-updated graphics more along the lines of FF6... maybe I'm crazy but I felt that style of sprite work had a lot of soul.

I've been playing FF6 for the first time on my PS2 :-D

Playing: The Witcher 2, Dragon Age: Origins, FF8

10. Re: Square Enix on More PC FINAL FANTASY Feb 20, 2014, 14:52 Verno

NKD wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 14:36:
I'm more interested in a remake of VI and to a lesser extent V. Classic style FF gameplay, with a good story and updated graphics. Yes please.

I'm more interested in some _new_ Final Fantasy games with de-updated graphics more along the lines of FF6... maybe I'm crazy but I felt that style of sprite work had a lot of soul.

Bravely Default is awesome. All of the JRPG stuff is happening on the PS3 and 3DS these days.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

9. Re: Square Enix on More PC FINAL FANTASY Feb 20, 2014, 14:36 NKD

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

8. Re: Square Enix on More PC FINAL FANTASY Feb 20, 2014, 13:49 Linksil

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 12:11:
Stop talking about it and DO it.

Sadly I think this means they are going to bring the NEW games to the PC instead of trying to waste manpower on porting old games.

Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

7. Re: Square Enix on More PC FINAL FANTASY Feb 20, 2014, 12:11 Mr. Tact

Stop talking about it and DO it.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

6. Re: Square Enix on More PC FINAL FANTASY Feb 20, 2014, 11:02 NegaDeath

MattyC wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 10:45:
What now? The most recent Tactics I know of were A2 for the DS and that iOS remake of the original. Did they make something for the Vita or PS3?

The iOS remake got a graphics upgrade last summer, that should be the most recent version. Port that to Steam but with a contemporary interface and I'd be a happy camper.

5. Re: Square Enix on More PC FINAL FANTASY Feb 20, 2014, 10:49 Simon Says

"Then we had to port it to the consoles. As far as the technology is concerned, it would have been possible for us to make a PC version, but we decided against it for two reasons: we looked at the market situation and we didn't think it would be a good idea, and also it would have involved lots of complex issues like security. So we decided not to do it this time around."

Bullshit counter going off the scale. We all know that consoles are SO MUCH MORE SECURE. Yeah right, must be why a friend of mine has 400+ ps3 games, maybe 5-6 bought, rest pirated. *Applauds*

4. Re: Square Enix on More PC FINAL FANTASY Feb 20, 2014, 10:45 MattyC

NegaDeath wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 10:17:
I'd be partial to a port of the recent upgraded version of Tactics.

What now? The most recent Tactics I know of were A2 for the DS and that iOS remake of the original. Did they make something for the Vita or PS3?

3. Re: Square Enix on More PC FINAL FANTASY Feb 20, 2014, 10:17 NegaDeath

I'd be partial to a port of the recent upgraded version of Tactics.  

2. Re: Square Enix on More PC FINAL FANTASY Feb 20, 2014, 09:53 Pigeon

1. Re: Square Enix on More PC FINAL FANTASY Feb 20, 2014, 09:22 Verno

I had to laugh the other day when this guy claimed it would take them 10 years to remake FF7. Maybe if half of your company wasn't producing mountains of art assets you'll never use you could finish it sooner.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo