Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit

Owners of the Windows edition of Battlefield 4 can head to Origin where they can get a free copy of a handgun shortcut kit that's listed as a $4.99 value (thanks Shacknews). Word is: "The Handgun Shortcut Kit contains the following unlocks: M9, QSZ-92, MP443, SHORTY 12G, G18, FN57, M1911, 93R, CZ-75, .44 MAGNUM, and Compact 45. Does not include any weapons added by expansion packs."

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 19, 2014, 14:17 Tumbler

So far this player appreciation month has been a big improvement on the whole BF4 experience for me. I've never been happy with the progress I'm making and I feel like I'm doing ok in games. The amount of time it takes to unlock various things is atrocious and then the guns take even longer. Looking over my available choices I think I've unlocked maybe 1 extra gun per class...? The other options for each class all unlock pretty fast so I've got plenty of other tools to take with me but it's annoying as hell to see a dozen different rifles and only have the first one to use.

Getting a free battlepack everytime I login has been a welcome change. Picked up the hand gun shortcut kit this morning and I'll be trying that out tonight. I don't think I've gotten any guns on the packs but lots of scopes and accessories are nice.

These short cut kits sound perfect. (for free) I'm premium so I should have a punch of pistol's and DMR rifles to play with now. (Premium members also get a DMR shortcut pack)

I think they should stick with this login each day to get a battlepack free. Most of the stuff is just fluff, extra color scheme, a scope for some random weapon, the stuff is so numerous that getting these things from progress in the game feels like a joke. A lot of these scopes/accessories are connected to guns I can't even use which is just more reason not to hold back on this stuff.

I hope they keep this program active. I think without this the game is far less enjoyable. Getting a little trinket every day is a nice change and I'm playing it now which is a big step forward considering I hadn't booted this game up in months prior to this.

I even picked up a copy of BF4 on PS4 just to try and grab these battlepacks there too! (traded of course, not paying them for a new copy!)

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 19, 2014, 12:07 LanikTnt

Thanks, it works if you buy it from Battlelog. Can't get it to work through the Origin website or the app.  

27. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 19, 2014, 10:09 SpectralMeat

LanikTnt wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 10:05:
Has anyone tried to actually add this to your cart?

I could not, getting a strange error message. I contacted EA support through their live chat and they said that this happens with Origin and I should try again in a few hours and hopefully it will work then. It's kinda ridiculous.
I did "buy it" through the website and it worked fine.

Steam: SpectralMeat

26. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 19, 2014, 10:05 LanikTnt

Has anyone tried to actually add this to your cart?

I could not, getting a strange error message. I contacted EA support through their live chat and they said that this happens with Origin and I should try again in a few hours and hopefully it will work then. It's kinda ridiculous.

25. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 19, 2014, 08:05 SpectralMeat

I actually enjoyed the beta of Titanfall. I won't buy it for $60, but if I see it on sale somewhere I am willing to pay ~$40 ish for it.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

24. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 19, 2014, 05:32 Julio

A $4.99 value! Only in EA land. BF4 is dead, time to move on to BF5. Soon they'll be selling BF4 + All DLC for $15.  

23. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 19, 2014, 04:44 Fantaz

added the shortcut kit now in Origin, but release date says "Coming Soon"? they don't even have a simple mod ready yet?

InBlack wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 03:53:
Fantaz wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 01:31:
entr0py wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 00:59:
Woo! Titanfall hijacking!

What I don't get is how PC gamers could be fine with a multiplayer limit of 12 players, no server browser and always online "single player" DRM. If this were Battlefield, Call of Duty or Sim City it would be ripped apart for those shortcomings.

I do like the concept though. I think I'll buy it at about $20, and hope the next one overcomes some of the classic PC gaming blunders.

supposedly there's no text chat either, only microphone allowed... and i agree, it's a huge ripoff at $60.

Say what? What horseshit....

yeh... well it says it's disabled for the beta but so did the Mass Effect 3 beta and then... there was no text chat for retail Mass Effect 3. :/

22. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 19, 2014, 03:53 InBlack

What I don't get is how PC gamers could be fine with a multiplayer limit of 12 players, no server browser and always online "single player" DRM. If this were Battlefield, Call of Duty or Sim City it would be ripped apart for those shortcomings.

I do like the concept though. I think I'll buy it at about $20, and hope the next one overcomes some of the classic PC gaming blunders.

supposedly there's no text chat either, only microphone allowed... and i agree, it's a huge ripoff at $60.

Say what? What horseshit....

I have a nifty blue line!

21. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 19, 2014, 02:14 DangerDog

disabled for the beta, I wouldn't mind if it were something you could just turn off though.

20. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 19, 2014, 01:41 DarkCntry

Wait, last I saw, Titanfall didn't have a single player experience outside of the tutorials...did I miss something?

19. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 19, 2014, 01:31 Fantaz

18. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 19, 2014, 01:09 Agent.X7

I have a feeling you'll be seeing Titanfall every two years from now on.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

17. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 19, 2014, 00:59 entr0py

16. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 18, 2014, 22:24 Crustacean Soup

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 18, 2014, 22:22:
Crustacean Soup wrote on Feb 18, 2014, 21:51:
What? Who cares about bullet drop when you're ripping around like you can in this? Or is that some in-joke I'm missing?

Makes hitting crits on titans a total no brainer... i got a KD of 10+ in this and I am not a superb pro gamer. But I *can* aim perfectly when weapons are hit-scan

I am quake railgun master
Ah, in Titans. Yes, arc would have been nice. 40mm cannon is the only Titan weapon on PC, the other two are unnecessary when you can aim.

I just played again and hit someone using the magic pistol effectively. He also had a poor connection (120-200ms) and was meleeing me to death while several metres away on my screen (30-50ms), rendering the shotgun hopeless. I'm now a bit pissed.

15. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 18, 2014, 22:22 eRe4s3r

Crustacean Soup wrote on Feb 18, 2014, 21:51:
What? Who cares about bullet drop when you're ripping around like you can in this? Or is that some in-joke I'm missing?

Makes hitting crits on titans a total no brainer... i got a KD of 10+ in this and I am not a superb pro gamer. But I *can* aim perfectly when weapons are hit-scan

I am quake railgun master

14. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 18, 2014, 21:56 DangerDog

Green Man Gaming offers up 20% off codes all the time, I suspect this will have a price fall-off curve that'll be rather steep.

There are other game modes besides the ones included in the demo as well as a bunch of extra weapons and other stuff.

13. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 18, 2014, 21:51 Crustacean Soup

12. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 18, 2014, 21:45 eRe4s3r

60$ ? Here Origins wants.. no joke.. 60 or 82$

And yeah, it can all be summed up as "Awesome for a short while, but then boring as hell" yeah, seeing Titans fall from the sky LOOKS awesome, it sounds awesome. Commanding them is cool.. the movement is ok. But all this in a game that has absolutely no dynamic element to it. You played it for 5 to 10 hours, you have seen everything there is. Also.. no bullet drop.

11. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 18, 2014, 21:44 Crustacean Soup

DangerDog wrote on Feb 18, 2014, 21:35:
It's a fast shooter like unreal tournament or quake.
There has to be a way you can do more with the game mode of a faster speed game though, beyond team deathmatch and friends. Deathmatch is great and all, but I've been playing it since Doom 2. Titanfall's Hardpoint mode barely gets beyond that.

And yes, the lack of destruction itself is not bothering me. I don't know that I would want extensive destruction in this game, and lack of cosmetic destruction I can easily look past. The game needs something dynamic though.

10. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 18, 2014, 21:38 Redmask

DangerDog wrote on Feb 18, 2014, 21:35:
Since we've hijacked this topic to discuss Titanfall, I'm actually liking it, I really appreciate the fact that the movement is fluid and doesn't have that source engine feel, and much better than a CoD game.

The destruction in Battlefield is a bit of a gimmick at times, I would like to see light poles snap off their bases but having windows to shoot out would hinder the pace of the game too much. It's a fast shooter like unreal tournament or quake.

It plays better than it looks, videos of gameplay are really easy to tear apart especially with the brain dead AI but it works in the context of the game. They're there to make you feel like a bad ass and to provide a little extra ambiance to the maps with the way they shout out random stuff, most of it funny to listen to.

There's a middle ground between ridiculous terrain destruction and the nerf bat cartoon battles in Titanfall. There are barely even destruction decals, it's like playing a shooter from 10 years ago. I like the parkour and general flow of that game but the weapons and everything else about it is pretty bland. The auto-aim pistol doesn't really affect me since its mostly bad players who use it but its inclusion in the game at all is concerning. For $60 I'll pass, it was fun but I got bored fast. The breakneck pace only keeps you going for so long and the game didn't seem like it had a lot of depth.

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo