Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ubisoft Financials

Ubisoft reports their third quarter fiscal 2013-2014 results, highlighting "very solid performance by Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag and Just Dance 2014" and "highly successful" next gen console launches in hitting their projected numbers. They confirm their previous outlook for the rest of this year and for next year. They also add specific sales numbers, saying AC4 sold around 10 million units and Just Dance 2014 sold around six million, while singling out Rocksmith 2014 as a disappointment for only selling about one million copies. Here are some financial numbers:

Sales for the third quarter of 2013-14 came to €520 million, down 35.2% (or -32.7% at constant exchange rates) compared with the €802 million recorded for third-quarter 2012-13.

For the first nine months of fiscal 2013-14, sales totaled €813 million versus €1,081 million in the corresponding prior-year period, representing a decrease of 24.8% (or -21.8% at constant exchange rates).

The third-quarter sales figure was in line with the target range of between €500 million and €540 million issued when Ubisoft released its first-half 2013-14 results.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Ubisoft Financials Feb 11, 2014, 05:37 eRe4s3r

Jerykk wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 22:44:
AC4 sells 10 million units and that's considered only "solid"? I wonder what their expectations were.

They figured AC4 could compete with GTA 5 I guess.... but a Publisher that's making a profit is always a good thing. Ubisoft makes plenty of interesting games...

And at this point I am really worried all that UTTER CRAP on mobile platforms will slowly spill over into PC gaming. So let's hope the remaining big publishers (NOT EA/ACTIVISION) will still make proper games. Fact is micro transactions have infested PC gaming already and it needs to die.

This comment was edited on Feb 11, 2014, 06:01.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Ubisoft Financials Feb 10, 2014, 22:44 Jerykk

AC4 sells 10 million units and that's considered only "solid"? I wonder what their expectations were.  

2. Re: Ubisoft Financials Feb 10, 2014, 18:38 PropheT

Not sure what they're expecting if Rocksmith is a disappointment with a million sold. It's not exactly Guitar Hero, and I can't imagine educational software like that normally sells like a AAA video game.

It's brilliant, though, I'm kind of amazed at how well it works. I've "played" for a long time, but it was awesome how quickly Rocksmith helped get over that hump to go from ok-sounding dicking around to actually playing songs. I do wish it had a better song list, though.

1. Re: Ubisoft Financials Feb 10, 2014, 18:37 TorchMaster

It’s disappointing that they consider Rocksmith 2014 to be disappointing. It is an excellent piece of software and I would want to buy more things like it.  

Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo