Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Rabbids Film Plans

Ubisoft announces they are teaming up with Sony Pictures Entertainment for a full-length feature film based on the Rabbids franchise. Shades of Who Framed Roger Rabbid, it sounds like this may be a live-action/animation hybrid. "Sony Pictures has tremendous experience developing hybrid live-action-and-animated blockbusters for audiences around the world, which makes them a natural fit for what we want to achieve with a Rabbids film," says Jean-Julien Baronnet, Executive Director of Ubisoft Motion Pictures. "This deal deepens our partnership with Sony Pictures and highlights our holistic approach to bringing Ubisoft’s brands to new audiences while still maintaining the brands’ creative integrity." There are no further details on the film or when it's expected, just a bit more on how it will be developed: "The project will be overseen at Ubisoft by Ubisoft Motion Pictures and the group will actively participate in the film’s production. Minghella and Jonathan Kadin will oversee for Sony Pictures."

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Rabbids Film Plans Feb 10, 2014, 17:59 Frijoles

Asmo wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 16:52:
and eventually managed to somehow be popular enough (with who eludes me, but I digress)

4 - 7 year olds.. ie, my children. They love them. They've yet to find the game hidden on my Wii though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Rabbids Film Plans Feb 10, 2014, 17:20 ViRGE

Asmo wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 16:52:
I'm guessing someones trying to make them in to the new minions (Despicable Me) or similar, where the sidekicks are more popular than the main characters...
They already were the original Minions. The first Rabbids game came out before Despicable Me was written.

6. Re: Rabbids Film Plans Feb 10, 2014, 17:13 DarkCntry

Cutter wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 16:29:
Is this Rabbids thing British or something? Never heard of it. And live-action/animation? Ugh. Only film that ever pulled that off decently was The Incredible Mr. Limpet.

Roger Rabbit would like to have words with you.

5. Re: Rabbids Film Plans Feb 10, 2014, 16:52 Asmo

The "rabbids" (known in France as Les Lapins Cretins... /lol) used to be the bad guys in the Rayman games, and eventually managed to somehow be popular enough (with who eludes me, but I digress) to justify not only their own games but an expansion in to other media...

I'm guessing someones trying to make them in to the new minions (Despicable Me) or similar, where the sidekicks are more popular than the main characters...

The rabbids games always came across as trite/crappy to me, but /shrug.

4. Re: Rabbids Film Plans Feb 10, 2014, 16:29 Cutter

Is this Rabbids thing British or something? Never heard of it. And live-action/animation? Ugh. Only film that ever pulled that off decently was The Incredible Mr. Limpet.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

3. Re: Rabbids Film Plans Feb 10, 2014, 16:18 ViRGE

EvilGrouse wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 13:10:
My wife's head is gonna explode.
We both enjoy the Rabbids Invasion show.
Bwah.
It didn't seem like Rabbids Invasion was doing all that well ratings wise, but I guess I was mistaken.

I'm not sure how a whole Rabbids movie would work. It seems best suited to shorts.

2. Re: Rabbids Film Plans Feb 10, 2014, 16:16 Kosumo

You should put a plastic bag over her head ..... just to stop the mess is all I mean  

1. Re: Rabbids Film Plans Feb 10, 2014, 13:10 EvilGrouse

My wife's head is gonna explode.
We both enjoy the Rabbids Invasion show.
Bwah.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo