Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever)

A post to the WB Games forums by an Arkham community manager responds to questions about support for Batman: Arkham Origins by saying that the bugs and other issues being discussed in the thread are not being worked on for the time being while the developers concentrate on DLC for the stealth/action prequel (thanks NeoGAF via Destructoid). The post also says "if" (not when) they work on a new patch, it will only be to address show-stopping bugs, rather than "minor glitches," so the are admittedly neglecting "progression blocking bugs" for now to create new paid content for the game. A later post indicates they probably "will" patch a couple of PC bugs, saying the "teams will be looking into addressing the issue of Deathstroke’s Quick Fire Neural Pellets and Quick Fire Proximity Bomb not working with PC mouse/keyboard," going on to add: "The timing of this fix is still not determined." Here's the original post:

The team is currently working hard on the upcoming story DLC and there currently are no plans for releasing another patch to address the issues that have been reported on the forums.

If we do move forward with creating a new patch, it will try to address the progression blocking bugs for players, not the minor glitches that do not prevent one from continuing to play. The issues that are not progression blockers will unfortunately no longer be addressed.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused for some of you, and want to thank you for having been patient.

View
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

32. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 11, 2014, 11:32 HorrorScope

InBlack wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 03:38:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 12:52:
Satan - "You will all die now!"

People - "Well at least he's honest"

lol

Thats a bullshit argument and you know it. Comparing death by Satan (what?) to a PR statement

Settle down John. Just making a funny with the "Well at least he's honest" remarks. If someone gets offended by that, good luck in life. By the way I have a comedians card, figured only an idiot wouldn't have one, this way I don't have to be politically correct. How everyone in media doesn't have on, I'll never know.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

31. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 11, 2014, 03:38 InBlack

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 12:52:

lol

Thats a bullshit argument and you know it. Comparing death by Satan (what?) to a PR statement from a game production company explaining the reasoning for what they are doing is beyond missing the point. The point being that they were going to do all of this shit anyway, had they kept their mouth shut or gave us some bullshit excuse none of us would have been the wiser...

I have a nifty blue line!

30. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 10, 2014, 14:58 BitWraith

I guess what I'm hinting around at is if the percentage of users who have these problems is microscopic, then this attitude is a little more understandable. Or, if it's something a simple reload will fix (ala Cutter's experience), I certainly wouldn't prioritize the fixes either.

Frankly, this game is absolutely brutal on computers. If anything, they probably need to raise the minimum requirements some, cause it's likely that those having MAJOR issues are trying to over-push their hardware. I have no proof of this, so take it as a theory.

29. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 10, 2014, 13:27 El Pit

"We apologize for any inconvenience our refusal to fix the bugs of our game has caused for some of you, and want to thank you for having bought it nevertheless. And now for something completely different: blow and hookers!"

What about selling the patch as a dlc? $$$WINWINWIN$$$!

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

28. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 10, 2014, 13:12 ASeven

Wow, what an utterly disgusting attitude from the part of the publisher.  

27. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 10, 2014, 13:09 Beamer

Linksil wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 11:07:
Playing through the entire game, the only problem this affects is the people going for 100% completion. You only play as Deathstroke in the training sims that are 100% optional and honestly I didn't even know existed until I was looking around a menu and realized I was missing one unlock because I didn't go do the batman part of them.

Are you sure that's the only issue?
If it's just that you can't hit 100%, that isn't a huge concern to me. If it's that you can't finish the game, then that's enormous.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

26. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 10, 2014, 12:54 MajorD

InBlack wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 12:30:
MajorD wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 10:59:
InBlack wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 10:36:
Well at least they are honest about it, most other devs would have shut the fuck up and done the exact same thing anyway...

Yeah, so I guess that makes it okay then.

.....In my book honesty > bullshit everytime.

Agreed.

25. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 10, 2014, 12:52 HorrorScope

lol

24. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 10, 2014, 12:30 Jerykk

Ouch. It would have almost been better if they simply hadn't said anything at all like most publishers. Acknowledging the existence of critical bugs and then declaring that they won't be fixed isn't going to make anyone happy, even if they're being honest.

Same here. Played the game with M/KB without ANY bugs whatsoever. The only "issue" I have with the game is that it's not as PERFECTLY solid as the first 2. Example: sometimes it took some angle adjusting before I managed to grapple from one gargoyle to the next.

Did you play the game after it was patched? Because pre-patch, the Burnley Tower Riddler puzzle was impossible to complete. This was a 100% consistent bug for everyone. If you tried the puzzle before they patched in a fix, you would have encountered the bug. That aside, I didn't encounter any other critical bugs, though I did see a bunch of minor ones.

23. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 10, 2014, 12:30 InBlack

MajorD wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 10:59:
Well at least they are honest about it, most other devs would have shut the fuck up and done the exact same thing anyway...

No it doesnt make it ok, but at least its not some bullshit excuse. They were upfront about what they were doing which is sorely missing from what most publishers/devs consider proper PR. In my book honesty > bullshit everytime.

I have a nifty blue line!

22. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 10, 2014, 12:10 Cutter

I finished the game no problem. Only ran into one showstopper which was fixed with a reload. So I really don't understand the hubbub. Still, I agree this sort of attitude is unacceptable.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

21. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 10, 2014, 12:08 walrus1

nin wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 08:50:
Really glad I didn't buy this now. If that's their attitude, they won't get another penny from me.

Same but at least they said something most publishers just stop making patches and don't say anything about the varying level of bugs left in the game.

20. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 10, 2014, 11:44 Quinn

BitWraith wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 09:31:
Slashman wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 09:25:
BitWraith wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 09:10:
How widespread are the issues? I have had none playing on pc (with a controller, admittedly)

Answered your own question perhaps?

No. It's not out of the realm of possibility for me to be in the minority to have zero issues. Hence the question, as I am ignorant to the situation.

They're talking about show-stopping bugs, not just the keyboard mouse stuff, if that's what you're referring to.

Same here. Played the game with M/KB without ANY bugs whatsoever. The only "issue" I have with the game is that it's not as PERFECTLY solid as the first 2. Example: sometimes it took some angle adjusting before I managed to grapple from one gargoyle to the next.

Yup. That's basically it. This game has been BASHED out of proportions and I quite honestly understand the "fuck this bullshit" attitude from the devs.

Play the game before you start saying meaningless shit like "glad I waited out on this game". Good chance you won't run into any bugs whatsoever.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

19. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 10, 2014, 11:33 nin

Darks wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 11:28:
What happened to this company? They used to be pretty good.

They brought in a second dev house, so they could make yearly releases. Quantity over quality.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

18. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 10, 2014, 11:28 Darks

nin wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 08:50:
Really glad I didn't buy this now. If that's their attitude, they won't get another penny from me.

This game has been such a horrid release. My Friend got this game with his video card, He put a lot of hours into it and then they decided to patch the game and totally destroyed his save game along with almost all of the community too. He’s been trying to get his game working ever since and finally just gave up. He removed and reinstalled the game but every time it just crashes at the start up screen.

What happened to this company? They used to be pretty good.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

17. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 10, 2014, 11:24 Slashman

Why apologize for the inconvenience when they are refusing to help with it? What does telling someone that has a non-working game 'sorry' do if you are purposely leaving them out in the cold?

So classy...

16. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 10, 2014, 11:09 Creston

In other words: FUCK YOU VERY MUCH for buying our game! Buy some DLC!

"We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused for some of you, and want to thank you for having been patient."

Also, FUCK YOU.

15. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 10, 2014, 11:07 Linksil

Playing through the entire game, the only problem this affects is the people going for 100% completion. You only play as Deathstroke in the training sims that are 100% optional and honestly I didn't even know existed until I was looking around a menu and realized I was missing one unlock because I didn't go do the batman part of them.  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

14. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 10, 2014, 10:59 MajorD

13. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 10, 2014, 10:56 Dagnamit

and here I was just lamenting forgetting that I have a now expired free voucher for this title. Lamenting no more!  

32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo