Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ethan: Meteor Hunter and Demo Released

Steam now offers Ethan: Meteor Hunter along with the promised playable demo for the quantum platformer. The game is on sale for the next week for 20% off, a discount that also applies to the Deluxe Edition, which includes a soundtrack and artbook. Here's word on the game and the demo:

Freeze time and manipulate the world with endless possibilities: build the solution YOU want where nothing is scripted and levels can be solved in multiple ways. When Super Meat Boy meets Braid, you may die repeatedly and enjoy it! With its unique blend of precision platforming and time-stopping physics-based puzzles, feel like a hero when you succeed!

Check out the free demo to get a sense of the game, or go all in and get the Deluxe Edition that includes the game's soundtrack, artbook & game guide!

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Ethan: Meteor Hunter and Demo Released Feb 8, 2014, 12:11 netnerd85

I bought Castlevania: Lords of Shadow because of the Demo, the reviews and gameplay footage weren't enough. The camera was a concern and only playing the demo was I able to make up my mind to buy it. Glad I did!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Ethan: Meteor Hunter and Demo Released Feb 8, 2014, 08:28 eRe4s3r

ItBurn wrote on Feb 7, 2014, 20:32:
Last time I heard about these guys, they were complaining about sales, which is understandable. I guess they're thinking that a demo will help that, but I don't think demos actually help sales. I think they do nothing or make you lose sales. It's a shitty thing to say as a player, but as a dev, it makes sense. If people like your game after reading about it, seeing media and watching lets plays, they'll pay for it. Giving them a demo gives them a chance to not like the game, or even be satisfied with the demo alone.

This sums up my opinion as well, especially games where the "only" hook is the gameplay itself. Not say, a engaging story or extremely dynamic gameplay that is never the same (but limited in a Demo).

If you played these games once you played them all. Especially 1 trick ponies (1 gameplay element the entire game is built around) sounds nice and makes a nice game maybe. But if you played it once you seen it.. so why bother seeing more of it?

1. Re: Ethan: Meteor Hunter and Demo Released Feb 7, 2014, 20:32 ItBurn

Last time I heard about these guys, they were complaining about sales, which is understandable. I guess they're thinking that a demo will help that, but I don't think demos actually help sales. I think they do nothing or make you lose sales. It's a shitty thing to say as a player, but as a dev, it makes sense. If people like your game after reading about it, seeing media and watching lets plays, they'll pay for it. Giving them a demo gives them a chance to not like the game, or even be satisfied with the demo alone.  

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo