Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Citizen Passes $38M

A new Letter from the Chairman on the Roberts Space Industries website announces another milestone for Star Citizen, which has now passed $38 million in crowd-sourced funding. The $38 million unlock is the Cano System, which is home to a fully aquatic planet. Looking ahead, Chairman Roberts lays out the dual $39 million goals, and dangles this tidbit about an announcement that will come at that time: "At $39 million, well announce a new goal that will help chart the course for the future of Star Citizen in a different way and its one Im personally very excited about, so be sure to check back then and learn more!" Thanks Aaron.

View
54 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

14. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 5, 2014, 22:44 xXBatmanXx

I really hope they don't F you all in the A if you gave them money. This amount of money worries me.  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 5, 2014, 22:28 bigspender

why make a game, WHEN YOU CAN RAISE MORE FUNDS WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Yeah I hope this turns out really well. The nice thing about indie games I guess is that they are there to make something they want to make, unlike big companies that will put in many features because those are tied to profit.

Also having one strong vision by one individual is means its likely that the game won't get watered down by too man chef's as a they say.

I'm pessimistic about it, but I still hope it succeeds! I'm getting really tired of cookie cutter games from the AAA, and the never ending stream of never to be finished indie early access games.

12. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 5, 2014, 22:21 Phasenoise

At some point, they do need to make a game.  

11. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 5, 2014, 22:13 Cutter

Suppa7 wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 20:31:
mellis wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 20:09:
This guy seems to be making more money than a federal quantitative easing program

Well he's put a lot of effort into the fund raising drive while most developers are just "here give us money to make our game". He's being open and transparent with players. Where other developers basically are camera shy an hiding from the audience.

No he hasn't. And he's been anything but transparent. He's making a lot of lofty promises and being very vague about the details. That's an alarm that screams "scam" to a lot of people. If he delivers...IF...I'll gladly doff my cap, apologize and jump on board the SC train. I don't think that's going to happen however.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

10. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 5, 2014, 22:02 ZeroCougar

I dunno, Star Citizen has lofty goals. Can it all be pulled off though, in the end? Maybe I'm being pessimistic but what if in the end it falls apart or the end product is awful? I mean BioWare/EA threw 50M at Star Wars Online, and the end product was really cool in some ways but really was just terrible in other ways. Then went F2P.

I want it to succeed, some stuff sounds really cool about it, but it seems to me this game is becomming to big to fail.

- That's a very nice everything you have there... ssssssssSSSSSSSSSSS -

9. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 5, 2014, 21:59 ElectricTurtle

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 21:19:
This game will never actually be completed at this rate. Feature creep doesn't even begin to cover the Star Citizen scenario.

*EDIT* Grammar.

Actually no new features have been added since the 2x million goals months ago.

8. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 5, 2014, 21:49 bigspender

" and its one Im personally very excited about, so be sure to check back then and learn more!"

lol really? So does that mean he's put some features that are shit into the game that he's making?

*this idea is crap - LETS PUT IT IN!*

7. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 5, 2014, 21:48 Linksil

I did kickstart this way back at the start. It seems to me the game has changed about a dozen times since then and keeps getting more and more added to it. I didn't spend a lot on the kickstarter, but with every bluesnews post about it I can't help but think it's going to be that much longer until I get the game. Also seems like it's getting more and more P2P/W.  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

6. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 5, 2014, 21:35 harlock

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 21:19:
This game will never actually be completed at this rate. Feature creep doesn't even begin to cover the Star Citizen scenario.

*EDIT* Grammar.

im willing to bet that these fuckers feel entirely justified about taking at least 5 more years to finish this up... as in, "its the right thing to do!".. you know, just like the dogfight delay "for the greater good" etc.

5. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 5, 2014, 21:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

*EDIT* Grammar.

4. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 5, 2014, 21:10 HorrorScope

Suppa7 wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 20:31:
He's being open and transparent with players.

Has that ultimately been determined?

This comment was edited on Feb 5, 2014, 22:28.

3. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 5, 2014, 20:46 Bundy

Seems like they've hired a person whose sole job is to plan out fundraising goals.  

2. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 5, 2014, 20:31 Suppa7

mellis wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 20:09:
This guy seems to be making more money than a federal quantitative easing program

Well he's put a lot of effort into the fund raising drive while most developers are just "here give us money to make our game". He's being open and transparent with players. Where other developers basically are camera shy an hiding from the audience.

1. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 5, 2014, 20:09 mellis

54 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo