Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Citizen Passes $38M

A new Letter from the Chairman on the Roberts Space Industries website announces another milestone for Star Citizen, which has now passed $38 million in crowd-sourced funding. The $38 million unlock is the Cano System, which is home to a fully aquatic planet. Looking ahead, Chairman Roberts lays out the dual $39 million goals, and dangles this tidbit about an announcement that will come at that time: "At $39 million, well announce a new goal that will help chart the course for the future of Star Citizen in a different way and its one Im personally very excited about, so be sure to check back then and learn more!" Thanks Aaron.

View
54 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

34. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 6, 2014, 09:29 InBlack

The dogfighting module has been delayed to March/April. AFAIK Thats what's known so far, everything else is supposed to be on schedule but I have no idea what that is and dont want to speculate.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 6, 2014, 09:01 Mr. Tact

Has any kind of timeline been provided on this? The Kickstarter is now 15 months past getting funded. (not saying that's bad, just providing information)  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

32. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 6, 2014, 08:23 theyarecomingforyou

NKD wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 03:55:
No one on this site ever admits being wrong. Blue's regulars are Masters of mental gymnastics capable of twisting anything they've said in the past into being technically correct, the best kind of correct.
Bullshit. I thought RAGE and BRINK were going to be decent games... I was completely wrong. Now piss off back to your cave.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

31. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 6, 2014, 07:58 gray

InBlack wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 04:41:
At this point I would really like to see a gameplay video of some sort. Perhaps from the single player portion of Squadron 42. Maybe part of a mission. Anything really. Anything to convince me these guys are competent enough to complete a project of this scope...

I don't think anyone is, but... they will probably still produce something half decent. Something along the lines of an updated Freelancer with fancy ship interiors.

30. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 6, 2014, 04:41 InBlack

At this point I would really like to see a gameplay video of some sort. Perhaps from the single player portion of Squadron 42. Maybe part of a mission. Anything really. Anything to convince me these guys are competent enough to complete a project of this scope...

This comment was edited on Feb 6, 2014, 05:31.

29. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 6, 2014, 04:34 peteham

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 23:41:
Tom wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 23:20:
Another Star Citizen post, another raft of BN regulars pissing all over it. *yawn*

I've come to hope the game is successful JUST to prove you guys wrong.

Even the critics want to be proven wrong. It right now simply falls under "the too good to be true" designation. Weeze all from Missouri, "show me!".
A lot of the critics/skeptics are probably even backers themselves, and would like nothing more than to be proven wrong.

Personally, I chipped in for the single player only. It wasn't as clear to me then just how MMO focused the game would ultimately be. I would've been far more hesitant to chip in now.

And that's before you factor in the massive Peter Molyneux vibes I'm getting from the game now.

28. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 6, 2014, 04:29 InBlack

NKD wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 03:55:
Another Star Citizen post, another raft of BN regulars pissing all over it. *yawn*

No one on this site ever admits being wrong. Blue's regulars are Masters of mental gymnastics capable of twisting anything they've said in the past into being technically correct, the best kind of correct.

You are wrong about that. Admit it.

27. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 6, 2014, 04:01 El Pit

Oh, the dogfight module is out now!

No, wait, that's Braben's Elite game. Sorry. Braben must have made something like $80M to achieve such an early release. So, please donate more to Stzr Citizen. That will help.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

26. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 6, 2014, 03:55 NKD

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

25. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 6, 2014, 03:20 Luke

When we reach $40M you will ALL get a..............Lollipop yehaaaaaaa

Jezz peps are soooo easy Clown 's

24. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 6, 2014, 01:53 Cutter

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 00:38:
Task wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 23:58:
An Aquatic Planet...

Hmmm, new playable species?

Its a Tarp!

Rofl, I know that's a typo, but that's hilarious for some reason! Aaah, a Tarp!

It's not a typo. Loads of people - myself included - have been saying tarp for years.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

23. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 6, 2014, 00:55 xXBatmanXx

bigspender wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 23:27:

if that's the case I'll gladly be wrong

+1

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

22. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 6, 2014, 00:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Task wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 23:58:
An Aquatic Planet...

Its a Tarp!

Rofl, I know that's a typo, but that's hilarious for some reason! Aaah, a Tarp!

21. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 6, 2014, 00:37 Tumbler

It's been long god damn January! I need some new ships to look at CIG! (Cloud Imperium Gaming) We got all that dogfighter footage at the end of the year, the cutlass in our hangars, then it's been a damn dry spell! I'm dying out here! I need my SC fix!!!

The new show "Next Great Starship" is fun to watch. So far they're just introducing the teams and showing us a gun each of them made. Some of them look outstanding, looking forward to seeing the ship.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

20. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 5, 2014, 23:58 Task

An Aquatic Planet...

Its a Tarp!

19. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 5, 2014, 23:41 HorrorScope

Even the critics want to be proven wrong. It right now simply falls under "the too good to be true" designation. Weeze all from Missouri, "show me!".

18. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 5, 2014, 23:27 bigspender

if that's the case I'll gladly be wrong

17. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 5, 2014, 23:26 harlock

and another dumbshit complaining about it

16. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 5, 2014, 23:20 Tom

15. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 5, 2014, 23:09 Brataccas

Phasenoise wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 22:21:
At some point, they do need to make a game.

They did, it's called "Fundraiser Construction Set".

You just plug in a few parameters like name, genre, producer and then watch money flow in while you attempt to manage expectations. It even offers continuous in-game purchases of more hopes and dreams to keep your excitement from flagging. So far it looks like it could be the next Candy Crush phenom...

54 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo