Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2: Headhunter Pack Next Week; April Pack Will be the Last

Gearbox Software announces Mad Moxxi and the Wedding Day Massacre will be the next Headhunter pack for Borderlands 2, saying this will be released on February 11th and 12th, depending on your territory. This comes just in time for Valentine's Day, which they say is the inspiration for the pack, though the first thing we thought of when seeing the title was Kill Bill. Here's a trailer and here's word from the post on how the Headhunter pack that follows will be the last content release for the role-playing shooter sequel:

Up to now, it is safe to say that Borderlands 2 has seen a lot of extra content added in the 17 months since it released – to the point where we’re pushing some technical limitations making it near impossible to add more missions, items and such. With that said, we still have one more Headhunter add-on planned. So, make sure to look out for the fifth and final Headhunter add-on for Borderlands 2, Sir Hammerlock Versus the Son of Crawmerax, coming in April and featuring the offspring of a fan-favorite enemy from the first Borderlands!

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Borderlands 2: Headhunter Pack Next Week; April Pack Will be the Last Feb 5, 2014, 16:41 Mad Max RW

Task wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 10:11:
they sure are milking the heck out of this game

Yup. Even the biggest Gearbox apologists basically shit all over these headhunter packs. There's so little content they can just as easily add them in a patch and you would never notice.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Borderlands 2: Headhunter Pack Next Week; April Pack Will be the Last Feb 5, 2014, 13:13 HorrorScope

Parias wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 12:37:
It's perfectly OK with me - the game is stupid amounts of fun in co-op, and my local LAN circle is waiting for them to finish putting out the next batch of DLC content so we can boot it up yet again for one last blowout.

Yep. To me this is your 2012, 2013, 2014's version of what an ARPG should be now. This is a AAA effort for an ARPG. Most of those other one's are retro imo.

6. Re: Borderlands 2: Headhunter Pack Next Week; April Pack Will be the Last Feb 5, 2014, 12:37 Parias

It's perfectly OK with me - the game is stupid amounts of fun in co-op, and my local LAN circle is waiting for them to finish putting out the next batch of DLC content so we can boot it up yet again for one last blowout.  

5. Re: Borderlands 2: Headhunter Pack Next Week; April Pack Will be the Last Feb 5, 2014, 11:25 HorrorScope

Game had a great run. The out of box content justified the cost, the extra content was your choice if you wanted to buy or not. Not sure what the hang up is here. It's not like all of this would have ever been available if the game never had DLC. This stuff just wouldn't have existed and being a fan of the series I'm glad it did, have a good part of it.  

4. Re: Borderlands 2: Headhunter Pack Next Week; April Pack Will be the Last Feb 5, 2014, 11:18 Creston

Eh, in this case it's an extremely popular game where people are actively clamoring for more content. You can't blame them for then delivering that content.

Son of Crawmerax actually sounds fun, but I'm done with BL2.

3. Re: Borderlands 2: Headhunter Pack Next Week; April Pack Will be the Last Feb 5, 2014, 10:22 InBlack

This is Gearbox we are talking about here. I dont think anyone is/was surprised. At some point I was thinking of purchasing BL2 but I gave up when I figured out that they will never/ever stop milking the shit out if with a zillion DLC...  

I have a nifty blue line!

2. Re: Borderlands 2: Headhunter Pack Next Week; April Pack Will be the Last Feb 5, 2014, 10:14 nin

Task wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 10:11:

They're taking the EA route, of continuing to release DLC after the GOTY edition, so that no matter what you buy, you still don't get everything.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Borderlands 2: Headhunter Pack Next Week; April Pack Will be the Last Feb 5, 2014, 10:11 Task

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo