Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites

The Elder Scrolls Online website announces a new round of beta invites have gone out for Bethesda's MMORPG:

Check your registered email address—we’re sending out more beta invites. Don’t forget to take a peek in your spam folder, and if you use Gmail, remember to look in the “promotions” tab to see if you got invited.

If you don’t get an invite today, there’s still hope! We’ve handed our friends at Curse beta keys to give out, so head over there to see if you can get your hands on one. Best of luck! We can’t wait to see you in-game and get your feedback.

Launch for PC and Mac on 4.4.14 is on the horizon, and the beta is only getting bigger as that date approaches. Make sure you’ve signed up to test if you haven’t yet so you’ll have your chance to join us. More invites will be coming soon, so keep your eyes open!

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Feb 6, 2014, 09:18 Zamrod

Nighthawk wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 23:50:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 22:50:
WHR4FYXDJDJH3TWN7CEC
If anyone wants it.
I've got a code to giveaway as well, but since nobody bothered to say thank you, I'm assuming nobody took (and therefore wants) one.
I would love a code if you still have one to give away. It appears all the others in this thread are taken.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Feb 5, 2014, 16:40 ventry

Never pay to play. EVER!  

21. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Feb 5, 2014, 16:24 Steele Johnson

Fion wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 23:04:
PropheT wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 22:27:
Cutter wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 21:21:
I'm tired of monthly fees from anyone and everything. Seems like everyone has their hand in your pocket and wants to keep it in there month after month. And most of them don't even come close to warranting it.

Not that I disagree with that, because it's sadly true, but I prefer a monthly fee with MMO's. Free to play is far too often just a creative way to ensure that you spend more money on that "free" game than you would if you were paying a sub.

But, yeah. The way everything is monetized now it's just a personal preference of which method sucks the least.

I'm pretty damn sick of monthy fee MMOGs myself, but I can understand why people shy away from F2P. But there are a number of MMOGs that are very solid and F2P, without asking you to buy something every 30 seconds or gating content until you pay. One of the best right now of course is GW2, with it's agressive content schedule I find I am unable to spend money on a monthly fee to spend most my time sitting around in an MMOG waiting for randoms or for my raid to organize. That said, I have spent money in the game, probably about $130 over the last 1.5 years. (Do note that I'd have spent $270 in that time monthly payments) but by putting that choice to spend in my hand I feel that I spent less but I also feel more willing to spend. I have friends who play who haven't spent a wink over the $60 the box cost.

The recent trend, ala ESO, is monthly fee's with tuns of microtransactions. Asking me to buy something every 30 seconds AND charging me each month? GTFO!

I wouldn't necessarily call GW2 a F2P game because you do have to buy it. F2P to me is something you download for free and start playing for free.

Also, GW2 doesn't have the same feel as a true mmo where exploration and constant fear of getting attacked is messing with your emotions. It plays more or less like an action rpg, and the pvp is more like an arcade game. As much as I like the game, it really doesn't compare to some of the true old school games of the 90s and early 2000.

The feeling I get with most F2P games is "pay to lessen the grind", and that's a feeling I really do not enjoy.

When they bring back a true mmo where it plays with all your emotions and makes you feel like you're part of a living, breathing world, I'd be happy to pay for a monthly sub. Will ESO be it? I doubt it.

20. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Feb 5, 2014, 16:15 Steele Johnson

People vocal about loving ES games but will skip this are the first people to buy it.

Face palm.

19. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Feb 5, 2014, 11:49 CJ_Parker

Got an invite, too, but you know where you can stick it Bethesda? Yep. Right there. And far up.

Other than that: What Verno said. Sub-mediocre game sucks donkey balls so thx but no.

18. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Feb 5, 2014, 09:22 Verno

XDADFF4655C7W6TJRE3C - my beta code if anyone wants it. I can't believe they want to charge monthly fees for this, I've played better F2P stuff. I found this average and forgettable in every way but maybe someone else will enjoy it.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

17. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Feb 5, 2014, 08:16 PHJF

LFRJE5GJEWCMERJCMGJH  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

16. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Feb 5, 2014, 04:38 InBlack

Im a huge, huge fan of the ES universe. Im skipping this. Nuff said.  

I have a nifty blue line!

15. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Feb 5, 2014, 03:55 NewMaxx

*plenty of keys around now, enjoy the beta!*

This comment was edited on Feb 6, 2014, 07:56.

14. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Feb 5, 2014, 02:38 Linksil

Yea I've been doing mmo/game alpha/beta tests for too many years. I have ground through a lot of bad MMO levels/stages/tests. I don't think I even made it to level 5 in ESO before I was wondering what I wanted to play on my steam backlog next. I found a lot of F2P mmo's (Aura kingdoms being the latest and it's beta too) that just have better flow/pacing and entertainment factors. If you played any mmo and skyrim in the last 5 years you've already played ESO.  
Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.

13. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Feb 5, 2014, 02:00 Raven737

I would like a beta key for Elder Scrolls Online Smiley
If anyone has an extra etc, please send it to me, thank you (^_^)

12. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Feb 4, 2014, 23:58 Basho

I tried to use it, but was already used. I'm looking for one.  

11. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Feb 4, 2014, 23:50 Nighthawk

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 22:50:
WHR4FYXDJDJH3TWN7CEC
If anyone wants it.
I've got a code to giveaway as well, but since nobody bothered to say thank you, I'm assuming nobody took (and therefore wants) one.

10. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Feb 4, 2014, 23:04 Fion

PropheT wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 22:27:
I'm tired of monthly fees from anyone and everything. Seems like everyone has their hand in your pocket and wants to keep it in there month after month. And most of them don't even come close to warranting it.

Not that I disagree with that, because it's sadly true, but I prefer a monthly fee with MMO's. Free to play is far too often just a creative way to ensure that you spend more money on that "free" game than you would if you were paying a sub.

But, yeah. The way everything is monetized now it's just a personal preference of which method sucks the least.

I'm pretty damn sick of monthy fee MMOGs myself, but I can understand why people shy away from F2P. But there are a number of MMOGs that are very solid and F2P, without asking you to buy something every 30 seconds or gating content until you pay. One of the best right now of course is GW2, with it's agressive content schedule I find I am unable to spend money on a monthly fee to spend most my time sitting around in an MMOG waiting for randoms or for my raid to organize. That said, I have spent money in the game, probably about $130 over the last 1.5 years. (Do note that I'd have spent $270 in that time monthly payments) but by putting that choice to spend in my hand I feel that I spent less but I also feel more willing to spend. I have friends who play who haven't spent a wink over the $60 the box cost.

The recent trend, ala ESO, is monthly fee's with tuns of microtransactions. Asking me to buy something every 30 seconds AND charging me each month? GTFO!

9. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Feb 4, 2014, 22:50 Mashiki Amiketo

WHR4FYXDJDJH3TWN7CEC
If anyone wants it.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

8. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Feb 4, 2014, 22:32 Jivaro

This sounds like a full on stress test. Might have to skip that...  

7. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Feb 4, 2014, 22:27 PropheT

6. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Feb 4, 2014, 22:21 Paranoid Jack

I'm now fully convinced that they are somehow linked to the Evil Empire. Every freakin' time they have a beta weekend I am scheduled to work. Only good news this time I am only scheduled for one day not both.

Just got the e-mail too so if anyone wants to give it a try. Seems this one is going to be 3.5 days long.

5. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Feb 4, 2014, 21:21 Cutter

Anyway, extra key if anyone wants it.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Feb 4, 2014, 20:49 PropheT

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 20:08:
Anyone who's previously been in the beta will likely have gotten keys as well.

I didn't this time around, although I didn't actually need a key last time to log in anyway.

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo