Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Combat Mission: Red Thunder Preorders

Battlefront.com is now accepting preorders for Combat Mission: Red Thunder, the next standalone installment in the Close Combat series of World War II strategy games. Preorders get a 10% discount over their normal download and digital distribution combo, a special tin case, two printed manuals, and more. Here's word:

Battlefront.com is proudly announcing today a major new title in its series of tactical WW2 combat simulations: Combat Mission: Red Thunder! For the first time in ten years, Combat Mission returns to the Eastern Front. And with a vengeance.

CM Red Thunder jumps right into the thick of the hard fought battles during Summer 1944 when Operation Bagration took the Soviet forces from the swamps of Belarus to the gates of Warsaw. Experience the most balanced period of tactical warfare on the Eastern Front, even as the Axis' strategic ability to wage war began to collapse. Play out historical battles and campaigns or create your own customized Quick Battles. All new units, new terrain, and new features make this a must have for all Combat Mission fans.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Combat Mission: Red Thunder Preorders Feb 4, 2014, 02:14 ShakyJake

This is a really great series, but I'm constantly disappointed by the pricing. $60 is downright tame compared to the prices some of the last big release went for. Seriously, we have content packs that change the setting and equipment of Battle for Normandy to related theaters, and they're on the store for $75-$90? There was even a major patch that fixed a bunch of problems with the base game and offered various improvements to the interface, but you have to pay for it. As much as I love the series, it's increasingly hard to justify the price to myself, let alone trying to get some friends to buy it for multiplayer matches.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Combat Mission: Red Thunder Preorders Feb 3, 2014, 18:55 SpectralMeat

Price seems a bit steep on this one.
It may be an amazing game but I'll wait and see how this is ones it is released.

Steam: SpectralMeat

2. Re: Combat Mission: Red Thunder Preorders Feb 3, 2014, 10:27 Jamil20

the next standalone installment in the Close Combat series of World War II strategy games

Not Close Combat. That's a totally different series.

1. Re: Combat Mission: Red Thunder Preorders Feb 3, 2014, 09:45 Task

Sweet, love these games. Its been 12 years since Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin. This is basically Barbarossa to Berlin 2. :-D  

Playing: The Witcher 2, Dragon Age: Origins, FF8

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo