Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Happy Groundhog Day, as today marks the convergence of two of the Blue Tower's favorite occasions, with it also being Super Bowl Sunday. Word is our local Staten Island Chuck and nearby Punxsutawaney Phil each saw their shadows, scientific proof we should expect six more weeks of wintery weather, though Shipoke Sheena contradictorily says to expect an early spring, and she's not phar phrom Phil, if you'll phorgive the phorced alliteration. I hope she turns out to be right, because the six or so weeks of winter we've gotten so far around these parts have been pretty rough, and some warmth and sunshine will be welcome. Speaking of welcome, yes, the Super Bowl is tonight, and I certainly am looking forward to that, as always. This year's game holds a lot of promise, too, as it embodies so many classic conflicts: The AFC's one seed versus the one seed from the NFC, offense versus defense, the old QB versus the kid, the run versus the pass, good versus evil, orange orange versus lime green ... this one has it all.

R.I.P.: Oscar-winning actor Maximilian Schell dies at 83.

Super Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Space Flash Arena.
4th and Goal 2014.
Links: Super Bowl questions you're embarrassed to ask your friends.
Christie Asks for Public's Patience While He Comes Up with New Story. Satire warning.
Story: This random guy gets the night of his life in Bud Light's insane Super Bowl ad.
Science: Mysterious undersea “crop circles” finally explained.
Media: Heavy Metal Gamer Plays - Tecmo Super Bowl 2014- Seattle Seahawks Vs Denver Broncos.
A cars worst nightmare. It blends! Thanks The Flying Penguin.
David Letterman - Bill Murray's Peter Pan Flying Entrance.
The Funnies: Then and Now « EXTRALIFE.

View
55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2014, 15:53 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 15:22:
Hoop wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 15:20:
My favourite PSH role is "The Talented Mr Ripley" if you have never seen it go watch it, amazing performances all over the place.
Don't care for Jude Law, but in that movie he's very good.
Meh Matt Damon, but in this, his very best effort.
Enter Philip Seymour Hoffman, Just Kick arse.
I think Almost Famous and Boogie Nights are my two favs of his. But I don't think I ever saw him in a bad role, ever.

It was a genuine treat to see him in any movie, and he generally made any movie better.

So disappointed it ended like this...

Don't forget Lebowski!

Drug od at 46? Hows that legal argument now?

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2014, 15:22 nin

Hoop wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 15:20:
My favourite PSH role is "The Talented Mr Ripley" if you have never seen it go watch it, amazing performances all over the place.

I think Almost Famous and Boogie Nights are my two favs of his. But I don't think I ever saw him in a bad role, ever.

It was a genuine treat to see him in any movie, and he generally made any movie better.

So disappointed it ended like this...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2014, 15:20 Hoop

Um .. Behind you...

12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2014, 14:57 Mortado

GO HAWKS!!! RIP PSH and Boris Karloff.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2014, 14:42 Quboid

Philip Seymour Hoffman was 46? I've have guessed at least 10 years older than that and 20 wouldn't have surprised me given how these guys are usually older than I expect. I always like unremarkable looking people doing well in front of the camera in the film industry, it's nice to know that talent does get some people some places.

Tonight's my annual "what does 2nd down and 5 mean again? Is that the same as 7th down?" night. Good luck to whichever team I arbitrarily choose to back.

- Quboid

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2014, 14:30 jdreyer

offense versus defense, the old QB versus the kid, the run versus the pass, good versus evil, orange orange versus lime green

Don't forget "hawks versus horses."

I got the fixins for margaritas and nachos supreme.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2014, 14:28 jdreyer

WarPig wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 14:02:
Wow, Philip Seymour Hoffman dead of "apparent overdose".

Oh no! That's terrible. I loved him in everything he was in.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2014, 14:12 1badmf

everybody got your pizza and beer ready? gonna be one helluva game! even played some flag football yesterday, talkin smack to my homies while scoring touchdowns left and right on them. LETS' GET IT ON!!!  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2014, 14:10 nin

WarPig wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 14:02:

Are you shitting me?!?!

edit: GOD FUCKING DAMMMIT, you're not. That stupid fuck. Really liked him, thought he was a great actor. Pisses me off when really talented people do really stupid shit.

God dammit, I'm pissed now.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2014, 14:02 Steelcamp

Don't drive angry. Don't drive angry!  
-------------------------------------------
3 billion+ men in the world and my sisters keep going back to the idiots...

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2014, 14:02 WarPig

GO SEAHAWKS!

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2014, 13:40 Cutter

Go Broncos!

And R.I.P Mr. Schell. I was always a big fan of his work. Judgement at Nuremberg, A Bridge Too Far, The Man in the Glass Booth, The Iron Cross. I love the gravitas he brought to a film. Was always a pleasure to watch him work.

And damn if we aren't all getting older. Christie Brinkley is 60 today. 60!

Lol! Bill Murray is still the king!

And damn! So I finally grabbed Starbound last night. Went spelunking not realizing I should have tech first to get back up or at least use, you know, ropes. Spent an hour going down. Got lost. Had to tunnel my way out like freakin Dig-Dig. Took me two effin' hours! Dunno' why but I just dug my heels in and said 'I'm tunneling out of this mofo no matter how long it takes.' And man was it ever a sense of accomplishment when I finally hit the surface. I actually hit the botton of a lake and almost got washed away. Wish I woulda had it on video. But I triumphed in the end.

So then I decide I should read watch some tutorials. And I come across this guy. Holy shitsnacks! Look at the size of his space base, it's insane!

Complete Asteroid Base

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2014, 13:15 Creston

MARSHAWN GON' GO BEEF MOE!

2. o/~ Are you ready for some football? o/~ Feb 2, 2014, 11:25 Ant

Bah to humans, puppies, and kittens. Go Goldie! -- http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/wild/fish-bowl/ ;).

Today already feels like yesterday.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2014, 10:41 Dr.Del

Super Bowl Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

- DrDel

55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo