Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steamships Ahoy - Loadout

Edge of Reality announces the release of Loadout on Steam as a free-to-play third-person shooter offering "innovative and acrobatic gameplay." The Loadout Uncensored Launch Trailer by Rooster Teeth shows the game's cartoony, over-the-top style, and here's a description of what to expect:

Loadout is a fast-paced shooter that distinguishes itself with an amazingly robust customization system, super-fast action, and comedic violence. With over 44 billion possible combinations, players have the ability to assemble the weapon of their dreams. From Gatling guns to tesla bolts to remote-controlled missiles, if you can think it - you can build it.

The team behind the game has worked on tremendously successful franchises such as Mass Effect, Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater, The Sims, and Dragon Age, and they’ve spent countless hours developing a game that’s so over the top it needs to be played to be believed. Characters hilariously lose limbs, expose vital organs, and inflict shocking and ridiculous wounds upon enemies. The more damage a character takes, the more devastated they will appear. Designed in a humorous, highly irreverent tone, Loadout is comic violence at its finest.

At its core, Loadout is all about total and uninhibited player expression. As players progress, they earn new weapon parts, equipment, and prestige. The more you play, the more you can customize. The range of possibilities in the chaotic and deranged world of Loadout is essentially endless.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Loadout Feb 2, 2014, 01:45 wraithnix

The game's a lot of fun...when you can actually get into a match. Spent an hour tonight waiting to get matched up, before I gave up.

It's not deep, but it's a fun way to spend a few minutes.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Loadout Feb 1, 2014, 19:51 PHJF

Played for a couple hours today. It's fine, but has absolutely no lasting appeal. Games are extremely small (4v4), and combat is unfortunately a lot of ridiculous jumping around. Maps are for the most part boring, and very limited.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

16. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Loadout Feb 1, 2014, 08:22 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 22:55:
Yeah, this would be great....if I was 14.

Huh... all of your comments have always made me think that you were 14.

So... you're downloading it now?

15. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Loadout Feb 1, 2014, 00:50 Fantaz

LOC wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 21:51:
Esoteric wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 18:30:
Got to play one match of this before the matchmaking servers went kaput. Was pretty fun, and the gun customization was pretty slick. It's pretty fast-paced, too.

You can thank Pewdiepie and friends for that one. After that video of his went up about the game the website and everything associated with it went byebye.

i believe it...

14. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Loadout Feb 1, 2014, 00:02 eRe4s3r

Esoteric wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 23:51:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 23:46:
Do they have European servers? I am spoiled by BF4 and sub 30ms servers .p

Yep, so far they have NA, EU, and AUS. And I think they said dedicated servers will be coming eventually.

That's good to hear Giving it a try as soon as Steam is done updating half my library.. heh

13. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Loadout Jan 31, 2014, 23:51 Esoteric

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 23:46:

Yep, so far they have NA, EU, and AUS. And I think they said dedicated servers will be coming eventually.

12. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Loadout Jan 31, 2014, 23:46 eRe4s3r

11. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Loadout Jan 31, 2014, 23:42 Esoteric

Whether you like the humor or not, the actual gameplay is good, which is more important to me.  

10. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Loadout Jan 31, 2014, 23:23 Axis

This old man thinks the game is hilarious. Haven't had too many matches but runs smooth with exceptionally varied gameplay and tons of personality.

Definitely not for the kiddies, so ya Cutter better ask yer parents since you are under 14!

Yours truly,

Axis

9. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Loadout Jan 31, 2014, 22:55 Cutter

Yeah, this would be great....if I was 14.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

8. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Loadout Jan 31, 2014, 22:48 Esoteric

If you can't get in the NA servers tonight, you can go to game options and change it to the Australia network, only a 2 minute wait there and the ping isn't that bad.

Played a few more matches. Very fun game.

7. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Loadout Jan 31, 2014, 22:27 RaZ0r!

Looks like the MAD Magazine version of TF2.  

6. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Loadout Jan 31, 2014, 21:51 LOC

Esoteric wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 18:30:
Got to play one match of this before the matchmaking servers went kaput. Was pretty fun, and the gun customization was pretty slick. It's pretty fast-paced, too.

You can thank Pewdiepie and friends for that one. After that video of his went up about the game the website and everything associated with it went byebye.

5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Loadout Jan 31, 2014, 21:38 Morgan19

3PS-view only is a bit of a bummer, though.  

4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Loadout Jan 31, 2014, 21:32 Task

lol what in the world  

3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Loadout Jan 31, 2014, 20:07 Axis

If the trailer doesn't make you want to at least try it, you have no pulse!  

Yours truly,

Axis

2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Loadout Jan 31, 2014, 19:51 Techie714 ©

That actually looks pretty cool!  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Loadout Jan 31, 2014, 18:30 Esoteric

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo