Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Brad McQuaid/Richard Garriott Kickstarter Cross-Promotion

Brad McQuaid's Visionary Realms announces a collaboration with Richard Garriott's Portalarium to reward backers of each developer's crowd-funding with in-game cloaks cross-promoting each project. The Garriott-designed Shroud of the Avatar can be backed on the game's official website and McQuaid's Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen is up on Kickstarter. Here's word:

Visionary Realms, Inc. is proud to announce today its collaboration efforts with Portalarium, the development studio of Richard Garriott's Shroud of the Avatar. As an opening endeavor both Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen and Shroud of the Avatar will offer a cross-game reward for those who back both projects. The pledge reward will provide these backers with a cross-game cloak that can be worn in either game to promote a growing community. Pantheon will feature the Shroud of the Avatar symbol (Lord British’s Coat of Arms) emblazoned on a cloak in their game, while Shroud of the Avatar will have a cloak bearing the Pantheon symbol.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Brad McQuaid/Richard Garriott Kickstarter Cross-Promotion Feb 1, 2014, 11:57 jtripper

Damn, I didn't realize I was on the MMORPG forums.

I'm actually excited to see both of these game vets give it another go and bring back some of the ideas that defined the genre. Time will tell how well these games turn out. But it's cool that they're involving the community in such a transparent way.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Brad McQuaid/Richard Garriott Kickstarter Cross-Promotion Feb 1, 2014, 09:48 Tom

Anyone who invested in Shroud of the Avatar despite Garriott's track record was taking an enormous leap of faith. Glad I avoided this one.  

11. Re: Brad McQuaid/Richard Garriott Kickstarter Cross-Promotion Feb 1, 2014, 09:06 Ozmodan

Both of these games are the biggest scams on quickstarter. One is selling real estate, the other promises of old school, when it really is not old school at all, just his vision of it.

Fortunately I saw this coming and avoided both kickstarters.

10. Re: Brad McQuaid/Richard Garriott Kickstarter Cross-Promotion Feb 1, 2014, 00:12 Angrius Maximis

McQuaid smelling desperation before his Kickstarter fails  

9. Re: Brad McQuaid/Richard Garriott Kickstarter Cross-Promotion Jan 31, 2014, 23:25 Krovven

Task wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 21:39:
Might want to fix that titan fall link

Msg'd Blue on Steam awhile ago about it...he seems to be busy playing FarCry 3

8. Re: Brad McQuaid/Richard Garriott Kickstarter Cross-Promotion Jan 31, 2014, 22:55 CJ_Parker

SotA = just another quick money grab by RG so he can afford another space trip!  

7. Re: Brad McQuaid/Richard Garriott Kickstarter Cross-Promotion Jan 31, 2014, 22:32 Darks

Frijoles wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 21:54:
Slashman wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 19:53:
I haven't looked at it lately. What's wrong with it exactly?

Keep in mind that the game is pre-pre-pre-alpha, and these are just my thoughts. I hate to base a decision on graphics, especially one this early in development, but they're just so bad that it's hard to look past them. They really remind me of Asheron's Call 1. The assets from the store in Unity are better than this. Along with the graphics, the character animations and looks are just as badly done, and the interface/controls are terrible. So that was the very first thing that struck me.

Furthermore, it seems that every update that comes out about the game is almost entirely devoted to the housing system. And with good reason (from their side). They're selling plots of land in the game to help fund it. The more time goes on, the more this looks like just an attempt to sell virtual houses. There's talk of other systems, but we hardly ever see anything. The alpha build we got to play was very limited, and surprise, focused on the buildings. And the furniture that goes in the buildings. And the little dresses you can get for your dollies. And the tea-time and ...

I think I dumped around $100 bucks in to the Kickstarter, and I regret doing that now. I have zero interest in the game. As I mentioned in another thread, this game pretty well destroyed my belief that I could play an alpha and be a good tester. If it's going to look like this, I'll wait for beta or release (and in fact I am). I've not played since one of the original downloads. Anyway, I really hope they turn this around. It sounded really fun. All my friends jumped in. I'll just avoid the updates until it gets close to release.

This, this exactly explains how I feel about this game I'm on the Pre Alpha, and its such a disaster of a game. just utterly horrid.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

6. Re: Brad McQuaid/Richard Garriott Kickstarter Cross-Promotion Jan 31, 2014, 21:54 Frijoles

Slashman wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 19:53:

Keep in mind that the game is pre-pre-pre-alpha, and these are just my thoughts. I hate to base a decision on graphics, especially one this early in development, but they're just so bad that it's hard to look past them. They really remind me of Asheron's Call 1. The assets from the store in Unity are better than this. Along with the graphics, the character animations and looks are just as badly done, and the interface/controls are terrible. So that was the very first thing that struck me.

Furthermore, it seems that every update that comes out about the game is almost entirely devoted to the housing system. And with good reason (from their side). They're selling plots of land in the game to help fund it. The more time goes on, the more this looks like just an attempt to sell virtual houses. There's talk of other systems, but we hardly ever see anything. The alpha build we got to play was very limited, and surprise, focused on the buildings. And the furniture that goes in the buildings. And the little dresses you can get for your dollies. And the tea-time and ...

I think I dumped around $100 bucks in to the Kickstarter, and I regret doing that now. I have zero interest in the game. As I mentioned in another thread, this game pretty well destroyed my belief that I could play an alpha and be a good tester. If it's going to look like this, I'll wait for beta or release (and in fact I am). I've not played since one of the original downloads. Anyway, I really hope they turn this around. It sounded really fun. All my friends jumped in. I'll just avoid the updates until it gets close to release.

5. Re: Brad McQuaid/Richard Garriott Kickstarter Cross-Promotion Jan 31, 2014, 21:39 Task

Might want to fix that titan fall link  

4. Re: Brad McQuaid/Richard Garriott Kickstarter Cross-Promotion Jan 31, 2014, 20:26 Axis

I like Garriott and glad he's going back to what he did so well.

I think the game has huge potential (especially for us old ultima dudes) but time will tell as always.

Yours truly,

Axis

3. Re: Brad McQuaid/Richard Garriott Kickstarter Cross-Promotion Jan 31, 2014, 19:53 Slashman

Darks wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 18:33:
Shroud of the Avatar is an Absolut disappointment. This game is a is going to be another one on RG's resume as a failed attempt.

2. Re: Brad McQuaid/Richard Garriott Kickstarter Cross-Promotion Jan 31, 2014, 19:02 Frijoles

Darks wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 18:33:
Shroud of the Avatar is an Absolut disappointment. This game is a is going to be another one on RG's resume as a failed attempt.

Yeah, I'm pretty worried about it. I've stopped doing kickstarters because of how that one is looking. Was hoping he was coding a game, not a method to sell virtual real-estate. I hope he turns it around.

1. Re: Brad McQuaid/Richard Garriott Kickstarter Cross-Promotion Jan 31, 2014, 18:33 Darks

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo