Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dontnod Entertainment Clarifies

Dontnod Entertainment CEO Oskar Guilbert tells GamesIndustry International that today's reports that Dontnod has filed for bankruptcy are not accurate. "We are in something called in France 'judicial reorganisation'," he explains. "Which allows us to re-adapt our production pipeline to the new situation." The site goes on to explain that this "judicial reorganisation" is like something we have in the U.S. called bankruptcy protection: "Judicial reorganisation (or redressement judiciaire) appoints a Judicial Administrator to oversee the running of the company focusing on sustainability, settling liabilities and managing labour costs."

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Dontnod Entertainment Clarifies Feb 1, 2014, 03:45 Orogogus

He didn't say that, you did. He says they haven't filed for bankruptcy, which would probably be legally significant and not something he wants misrepresented on the Internet, the peanut gallery notwithstanding.

Lionel Hutz: I rest my case.
Judge: You rest your case?
Lionel Hutz: What? Oh no, I thought that was just a figure of speech. Case closed.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Dontnod Entertainment Clarifies Feb 1, 2014, 03:13 jacobvandy

"We're not broke" is spin. Obviously they are, or they wouldn't need reorganization. That simple enough for you to understand?  

4. Re: Dontnod Entertainment Clarifies Feb 1, 2014, 03:07 Orogogus

You think Chapter 11 vs. Chapter 7 bankruptcy is PR spin? Wow. Like, you believe General Motors doesn't exist any more except in the minds of PR people?  

3. Re: Dontnod Entertainment Clarifies Feb 1, 2014, 02:56 jacobvandy

Let's not split hairs here, if they're broke, they're broke. Chapter 11 is still bankruptcy. If they're capable of so easily transitioning into a smaller but still functional company, why does their government need to get involved in that? Just sounds like PR spin to me.  

2. Re: Dontnod Entertainment Clarifies Jan 31, 2014, 22:58 Parallax Abstraction

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 20:31:
Tomato, tomato...

It's a pretty big difference. Under bankruptcy protection, they can restructure their debt and operations to theoretically come out of it a smaller company but one that can still make games. Under full bankruptcy, the company would be liquidated and closed down. They're still in a bad way but this way, they might come out of it.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

1. Re: Dontnod Entertainment Clarifies Jan 31, 2014, 20:31 jacobvandy

Tomato, tomato...  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo