Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Happy Chinese New Year! Yup, it seems like we were only just discussing this around a year ago, but here it is again. Broncos fans will be happy with the omen, as we begin the Year of the Horse, though there's no seahawk or generic bird on the calendar for that to have been an option here (closest for that would be the rooster). So there it is, happy Year of the Horse... though I'm sure I'll still be writing Year of the Snake on my checks for months.

Traditional Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Shape Fold 2.
Sin Mark.
Square Jump.
Link: Transporting the CIA A-12 Blackbird. Thanks The Flying Penguin.
Stories: Doctor walks six miles in snow to perform life-saving brain surgery.
Doves attacked during Pope's prayer for peace in Ukraine.
Science: New treatment shows promise for kids with peanut allergies.
End the Ban on Psychoactive Drug Research.
Acid bath turns cells from any tissue into stem cells.
747-8 Seahawk Flight Path.
Media: Taylor Swift Attacked at Grammys.
Drunken Rampage Plays Out Like GTA V. NSFW.
‘This is a Trent Reznor Song’: Nine Inch Nails by-the-numbers parody.

View
57 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2014, 13:46 Verno

InBlack wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 13:15:
It still makes no sense at all. How the fuck is anyone supposed to determine whether a drug has valid medical applications if research is banned on said drug??

Exactly, I'm not sure how repeating the class of the drug is answer to that either. There might or might not be valid uses of those drugs in psychiatry but we'll never know unless they're researched and trialed.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2014, 13:32 xXBatmanXx

Thief and Elder Scrolls Online 25% off at GMG with this code:
E0VXS0-T1IEIV-CZHSPO

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2014, 13:29 mag

InBlack wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 13:15:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 12:24:
InBlack wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 10:53:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 10:17:
InBlack wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 10:07:
Holy fucking shit, you gotta be kidding me, so Marijuana, LSD and MDMA are Schedule I drugs. Cocaine, Opium, and Meth are Schedule II. Well now there you have it. I have to admit that I didnt know that, but it makes sense I guess in a twisted, paranoid, fucked up greedy way.

If you research and fully understand the schedules, it makes perfect sense.

Is that a nicer way of telling me that I'm ignorant?? Well since they teach you all that at cop school I guess, how bout explaining to me why there is a ban on research of Schedule I drugs, unlike the drugs listed under Schedule II??

http://www.rsdhope.org/schedule-or-classes-of-drugs.html

Most important part of that very short info is:
The main difference between a Schedule, or Class, 1 and 2 is whether or not the drug is deemed to have a valid medical application.

Don't need "cop school" to look it up and have very general knowledge about why one this is "ok" and one isn't. Now it should make perfect sense.

(cop school part: Those are federal schedules, but states just adopt the same schedules)

It still makes no sense at all. How the fuck is anyone supposed to determine whether a drug has valid medical applications if research is banned on said drug??

Ding ding ding.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2014, 13:15 InBlack

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 12:24:
Holy fucking shit, you gotta be kidding me, so Marijuana, LSD and MDMA are Schedule I drugs. Cocaine, Opium, and Meth are Schedule II. Well now there you have it. I have to admit that I didnt know that, but it makes sense I guess in a twisted, paranoid, fucked up greedy way.

Is that a nicer way of telling me that I'm ignorant?? Well since they teach you all that at cop school I guess, how bout explaining to me why there is a ban on research of Schedule I drugs, unlike the drugs listed under Schedule II??

The main difference between a Schedule, or Class, 1 and 2 is whether or not the drug is deemed to have a valid medical application.

Don't need "cop school" to look it up and have very general knowledge about why one this is "ok" and one isn't. Now it should make perfect sense.

(cop school part: Those are federal schedules, but states just adopt the same schedules)

I have a nifty blue line!

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2014, 12:27 xXBatmanXx

Having a hell of a time logging into the web portion of PSN network store. PS3 works fine getting there, but all sorts of issues from 4 different machines and my phonecomputer.

Anyone else?

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2014, 12:24 xXBatmanXx

11. removed Jan 31, 2014, 11:23 harlock

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jan 31, 2014, 16:55.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2014, 10:53 InBlack

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2014, 10:46 1badmf

man those project oxcart planes were magnificent birds, and with late 50s technology to boot. really curious what the sr-72 will be capable of.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2014, 10:43 Jivaro

But was it six miles in the snow uphill both ways?  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2014, 10:34 Verno

gray wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 10:18:
Oddly written article. Not to take anything away from the Doctor but, six miles isn't very far to walk even in snow.

In those weather conditions it is and he looks like hes in his mid to late 50s.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2014, 10:18 gray

Oddly written article. Not to take anything away from the Doctor but, six miles isn't very far to walk even in snow.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2014, 10:17 xXBatmanXx

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2014, 10:07 InBlack

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2014, 09:02 nin

Blue wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 09:00:
Don't know if you saw nin, but I added a third media link shortly after posting this I thought you'd get a kick out of.

I saw that over at http://www.reddit.com/r/nin/ , but I admit I've not listened to the whole thing. But thank you!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2014, 09:00  Blue 

nin wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 08:58:
though I'm sure I'll still be writing Year of the Snake on my checks for months.

Never gets old, Blue.

Don't know if you saw nin, but I added a third media link shortly after posting this I thought you'd get a kick out of.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2014, 08:58 nin

though I'm sure I'll still be writing Year of the Snake on my checks for months.

Never gets old, Blue.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

57 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo