Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic

Preorders of The Elder Scrolls Online are now being accepted on the official website for Bethesda Softworks' upcoming MMORPG through the newly launched Elder Scrolls Online Official Store. There are both physical and digital editions, and each of these is available as an "Imperial Edition," and the physical/retail Imperial Edition indeed contains the bonuses revealed earlier via a leak. There are also pre-order bonuses to be had, including early access for Windows and OS X players, listed as five days for all of the SKUs except the standard retail version, which for some reason comes with only a three day headstart. For bargain hunters who are interested in this, Dealzon has a coupon for 12 bucks off when buying from Green Man Gaming. Here's the just-released opening cinematic from the game, and here are the bonuses that come with all preorders:

• The characters you create can join any alliance, no matter which race you choose
  • The Scuttler, a tiny but loyal vanity pet
  • A bundle of four bonus treasure maps

View
46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

26. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 22:15 Kawlisse

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 21:24:
PS: you dont see Molag Bal in the trailer.
Actually I do know the lore and settings, I've been under NDA for quite a while thanks. So again, what I said holds true especially if you're just grabbing the game to grab it.
I'm a huge fan of the lore and been playing the elder scrolls since Daggerfal ! I really really hope they dont screw up on this game. but only time will tell... when people reach max level and if there his contents (unlike Star Wars) I beleive it could be an amazing game.

For me Morrowind was the best ever game in the Elder Scrolls series, just the intro music by Jeremy Soule is epic. Anyways I hope my faith is well placed, and that this game will be amazing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 22:13 xXBatmanXx

A lot in here saying the game looks like shit bla bla bla. (since someone will jump on me and say "MEH NO ONE IN HERE SAID THAT" - it is being said on this site - go look at the threads) I am in for the lore. I trust they will make a good game and enjoyed the Beta. I am not a HUGE MMO fan, but think I will enjoy this for a few months, which is all I play a game usually anyway.

Anyway, to my first point - I thought there was a general consensus amongst us elitist here that graphics don't matter...has that changed? Please start your comments with (I have or have no played the game). Thanks.

This comment was edited on Jan 29, 2014, 22:21.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

24. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 22:08 ColoradoHoudini

I just watched the Wildstar customization video.. and I dont know what it is about that game, but it has my full attention. It just looks like it's done right.. and the customization video had me very interested in what I could do with all that.. and i NEVER care about customization at all in my games.

Every WS vid I see, and tidbit I read about that game, makes ESO look terrible in comparison

I actually almost feel bad for the ESO guys.. as if they were fighting a losing battle from the word "go"

23. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 21:24 Mashiki Amiketo

Kawlisse wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 20:55:
Thats because you dont know of the lore and settings, There are 3 factions fighting for the throne of Cyrodill, (the fighting in the beggining) then comes Molag Bal, he wants to drag Tamriel to Coldharbour (hence the anchors)

Actually I do know the lore and settings, I've been under NDA for quite a while thanks. So again, what I said holds true especially if you're just grabbing the game to grab it.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

22. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 21:21 Kobalt

Another mediocre mmo released a year too early that will be f2p in a year. Nothing interesting to see here.

Well, preorder bonus is confusing as fuck. Any race can play any faction as a pre order bonus? That's kind of huge, and makes me think they realize they game will be f2p in a year. Mad you didn't get the game at release? Welp now for only 20 dollars you can get the same bonuses!

21. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 21:19 Angrius Maximis

Hey everyone lets play Skyrim Online..with a bunch of douchebags!

No thanks, Ill just play Skyrim....and not pay 14.99 a month...

20. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 20:55 Kawlisse

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 20:02:
Task wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 18:12:
I have no idea what is going on in that trailer, but to bad the game won't be anything like that.
Yeah neither do I. Usually intro cinematics exist to give you an idea of what's going on, happening, why, etc. And all I got from that is: "People are fighting each other, some other people, and then some more fighting..." But no reason why, no intro information or anything else.

Thats because you dont know of the lore and settings, There are 3 factions fighting for the throne of Cyrodill, (the fighting in the beggining) then comes Molag Bal, he wants to drag Tamriel to Coldharbour (hence the anchors)

19. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 20:47 PropheT

Jivaro wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 18:28:
I know I am in the minority here, but I am currently a fan of the game based on my latest experience in the beta. After my first weekend I was a bit disappointed but I have found it more entertaining the more time I have had with it. I dig the trailer, they did a nice job with it. I am disappointed that they are choosing to put something like a "race" in a CE. I don't think that is a very well thought out decision.

Yeah, the trailer is amazing. It's as good as anything Blizzard has done, and theirs are great.

The race with the CE is just a bad idea. I'm on the fence about the game, and being faced with that being the only real choice to me leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

The monthly fee doesn't bother me at all, since there aren't really any free MMO's other than Warframe that I've preferred that model for.

18. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 20:43 Acleacius

What a waste. Paperbag  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

17. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 20:37 Tumbler

Darks wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 20:30:
Tumbler wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 20:23:
Hmm, went looking for some sort of gameplay clip posted recently and can't find much besides e3 stuff from 2013 and a war at cyrodill clip. That seems like a bad omen.

I expect this game to crash pretty hard, seems very blah and after skyrim that isn't what I expect.

Nope, not a bad omen, the game is locked down with an NDA. No one is allowed opt post anything unless Bethesda give the okay.

But I will say that I do like the game a lot. its been fun so far. defiantly has its issues because of beta but that's northing new in any new MMO.

Eh, checking when this comes out, April 4...I suppose there is time to put this stuff out before launch. Kind of a bizarre launch time, after titanfall, infamous second son AND the dog fighter module in stars citizen? Heh, good luck!

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

16. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 20:34 Cutter

A shitty, borked, half-assed TES game for $60 plus a monthly sub? L U L Z! Yeah, good luck with that.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

15. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 20:31 SlimRam

I just hope I live long enough to see video games look as good as the trailers some day, that would be amazing! Ofcourse I'll be wearing diapers and eating through a straw by then but, maybe by then they will have some kind of headset that you wear to control the game (I know they are working on one already) because my motor skillz will be shot...then again my brain skillz could be shot as well by then

Oh well, to dream, if only for the moment

They always say that everyone's good at something...

I just have to find the right kind of place that appreciates nude juggling of a midget, a hand grenade, and a porcupine while playing the kazoo and riding a unicycle backwards without a seat

14. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 20:30 Darks

Tumbler wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 20:23:
Hmm, went looking for some sort of gameplay clip posted recently and can't find much besides e3 stuff from 2013 and a war at cyrodill clip. That seems like a bad omen.

I expect this game to crash pretty hard, seems very blah and after skyrim that isn't what I expect.

Nope, not a bad omen, the game is locked down with an NDA. No one is allowed opt post anything unless Bethesda give the okay.

But I will say that I do like the game a lot. its been fun so far. defiantly has its issues because of beta but that's northing new in any new MMO.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

13. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 20:23 Tumbler

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

12. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 20:02 Mashiki Amiketo

Task wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 18:12:
I have no idea what is going on in that trailer, but to bad the game won't be anything like that.
Yeah neither do I. Usually intro cinematics exist to give you an idea of what's going on, happening, why, etc. And all I got from that is: "People are fighting each other, some other people, and then some more fighting..." But no reason why, no intro information or anything else.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

11. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 19:58 LittleMe

A decade or two ago this sort of trailer was cool. Now it's... not. Still watching the game despite the trailer.  

Perpetual debt is slavery.

10. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 19:43 descender

Unless they make some serious changes, it still wouldn't be worth playing if it was F2P.  

9. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 19:37 Kawlisse

Nighthawk wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 18:33:
So, they're charging $60 to buy the game, and a subscription too?
Who does that anymore?

I really hope this game does not fail ! I would rather pay a subscriptions, than stand another stupid game that pretends to be F2P, but to really enjoy the game you have to fork more cash in that product than a monthly sub.

I dont understand, people spitting on this game, because of the monthly sub. its the real mmo standard! People are just spoiled by those supposedly F2P games.

F2P is great for casual gamers. Anyhow. if this game goes F2P I will just quit simple as that... and hopefully Star Citizen will rock.

8. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 18:59 Esoteric

I'm seriously curious how much that trailer cost. At least a million? Crazy.  

7. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 18:54 Jivaro

Linksil wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 18:30:
Played through all the beta weekends. Maybe I have played too many MMO's but it's more of the same and not greatly done. The world does not even grip me enough to think about buying then paying for this.

I think that it would be fair to say that the development team is trying too hard to satisfy "everyone", which of course leads to satisfying absolutely nobody. I differ from you in that I do find the world interesting, but I am not blind. They could end up with a very mediocre game that doesn't appeal to TES fans or MMO fans. I mean, that is basically what a great many people think the game is already. It really is too bad, I kind of feel like SWG is happening all over again. So much potential....

46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo