Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PC GTA5 Preorders This Week?

Gamereactor UK reports that preorders of a still-unannounced PC edition of Grand Theft Auto V will begin on Friday, saying they've confirmed this through Nordic retailer Elgiganten. This seems a little thin from their explanation that this news came "via a manager of one of the Swedish stores," but there it is. Rockstar has been asked for comment, but no response has appeared yet. Thanks MCV.

View
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

32. Re: PC GTA5 Preorders This Week? Feb 1, 2014, 18:08 xXBatmanXx

Sat @ 5 PM CST.

Guess bogus.

*SHOCKING!*

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

31. Re: PC GTA5 Preorders This Week? Jan 30, 2014, 15:00 xXBatmanXx

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 07:28:
InBlack wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 05:29:
Gonna have to scrounge around for my controller for this. I think I borrowed it to a friend a few months ago...goddamn.
The 360 controllers are pretty cheap. I've seen some as low as $30 (wired) in BestBuy
Retailers are clearing them out to make room for the ONE controllers.

Go to amazon, you can get a licensed controller and USB dongle for cheap. MAKE SURE the dongle/receiver is licensed - tons of horror stories out there.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

30. Re: PC GTA5 Preorders This Week? Jan 30, 2014, 13:16 siapnar

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 22:10:
I have friends on both platforms that I enjoy playing with.
Ok well that makes sense then

I have projectile dysfunction.

29. Re: PC GTA5 Preorders This Week? Jan 30, 2014, 07:28 SpectralMeat

InBlack wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 05:29:
Gonna have to scrounge around for my controller for this. I think I borrowed it to a friend a few months ago...goddamn.
The 360 controllers are pretty cheap. I've seen some as low as $30 (wired) in BestBuy
Retailers are clearing them out to make room for the ONE controllers.

Steam: SpectralMeat

28. Re: PC GTA5 Preorders This Week? Jan 30, 2014, 06:37 InBlack

You answered your own question.  

I have a nifty blue line!

27. Re: PC GTA5 Preorders This Week? Jan 30, 2014, 05:56 peteham

*delete: pressed reply/quote instead of edit =)*  

26. Re: PC GTA5 Preorders This Week? Jan 30, 2014, 05:54 peteham

DangerDog wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 03:05:
harlock wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 19:02:
rumor mill says release is end of march

I could see a next-gen console release before a PC version comes out.
Yeah. This entire secrecy thing annoys me. If they haven't announced a PC version yet because they simply don't know if it's going to happen/things still really unfinished/whatever, then fine. But if the damn thing suddenly pops up out of "nowhere" in March, then what a great "fuck you" that is to gamers waiting for an announcement for PC/next-gen.

I mean what's their goal there besides maximizing the number of customers caving and buying multiple versions, because the wait could be anything between one month and never?

25. Re: PC GTA5 Preorders This Week? Jan 30, 2014, 05:29 InBlack

I have a nifty blue line!

24. Re: PC GTA5 Preorders This Week? Jan 30, 2014, 03:05 DangerDog

harlock wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 19:02:
rumor mill says release is end of march

I could see a next-gen console release before a PC version comes out.

23. Re: PC GTA5 Preorders This Week? Jan 29, 2014, 23:48 harlock

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 20:08:
and feed shit

used coffee grounds

22. Re: PC GTA5 Preorders This Week? Jan 29, 2014, 22:10 xXBatmanXx

siapnar wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 21:47:
wasteoid wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 19:36:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 18:48:
I don't' see them making an OUT OF THE BLUE announcement next week......that being said, I own both console versions, and will likely purchase the PC one as well.

Why on earth would you need so many versions of the same game?! I can see holding out for the PC version (better graphics, mod-ability), but is there any gameplay difference?
I'm also confused by this. Batman, why on earth would you need both console versions? (unless one is for the kids - hopefully over 18 )

I spend a healthy amount on games annually, and I have said before for GTA that I have friends on both platforms that I enjoy playing with. I have both versions of several games, and if they are on PC I have them there as well.....

I have never been one to wait for the PC version. I am a gamer, I buy games and enjoy them (when they are good). I play the SHIT outta GTA, and have played through GTA4 no less than.....6 times on 3 different platforms. Been a fan of the series since the top down.

21. Re: PC GTA5 Preorders This Week? Jan 29, 2014, 22:00 RaZ0r!

This will be the worst PC port ever. I'm calling it now. Feel free to call me out on it in the future if I'm wrong.  

20. Re: PC GTA5 Preorders This Week? Jan 29, 2014, 21:47 siapnar

wasteoid wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 19:36:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 18:48:
I don't' see them making an OUT OF THE BLUE announcement next week......that being said, I own both console versions, and will likely purchase the PC one as well.

Why on earth would you need so many versions of the same game?! I can see holding out for the PC version (better graphics, mod-ability), but is there any gameplay difference?
I'm also confused by this. Batman, why on earth would you need both console versions? (unless one is for the kids - hopefully over 18 )

I have projectile dysfunction.

19. Re: PC GTA5 Preorders This Week? Jan 29, 2014, 21:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, delayed PC port, probably with whatever replaces GFWL along with Rockstar Club or whatever it's called... waiting for the $9.99 or less sale.

18. Re: PC GTA5 Preorders This Week? Jan 29, 2014, 21:34 Acleacius

I'll wait a bit, the online Coop is all that would interest me.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

17. Re: PC GTA5 Preorders This Week? Jan 29, 2014, 20:36 Cutter

I'll put my money on an April release. But yeah, colour me the fuck in for this mamma jamma.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

16. Re: PC GTA5 Preorders This Week? Jan 29, 2014, 20:13 nin

Kevin Lowe wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 19:49:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 18:55:
Thanks to the whole pretentious secrecy and retarded artificial drama I'm gonna pirate this fucker just to spite those assholes at R* and T2! HARHARAAARRR MATEY!
And you're entitled to do this because...? If you don't like their business decisions, then don't give them your money. But if you pirate the game, you're just reinforcing the piracy narrative.

I would recommend you read back through pj's post history and see who you're dealing with.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

15. Re: PC GTA5 Preorders This Week? Jan 29, 2014, 20:08 CJ_Parker

Well, they've been treating their PC customers like shrooms. Keep 'em in the dark and feed shit so I'm going to return the favor!  

14. Re: PC GTA5 Preorders This Week? Jan 29, 2014, 20:08 Fantaz

I've been holding out on playing this game waiting for it to come out on PC. I'll even pay full price for a PC version. it's worth every penny.  

13. Re: PC GTA5 Preorders This Week? Jan 29, 2014, 19:59 harlock

Kevin Lowe wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 19:49:
if you pirate the game, you're just reinforcing the piracy narrative.

thats not all he's doing... he's also getting the game for free.. so theres that

not sure there is much concern for any "narrative" there

32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo