Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

GeForce Beta Drivers

The GeForce website now offers new version 334.67 beta drivers for GeForce accelerators, offering new 3D vision profiles, new SLI profiles, as well as tweaks and improvements for more mainstream applications. Word is: "Headline features include a dozen new and improved 3D Vision profiles, reinforcing our commitment to stereoscopic 3D gaming, as well as the latest SLI profiles for games like HearthStone and Assassin's Creed Liberation HD. And as always, numerous tweaks and changes are introduced to ensure maximum performance and system stability across all titles."

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: GeForce Beta Drivers Jan 29, 2014, 06:34 dj LiTh

I have no idea what you guys are talking about for crashing, i have two 460's and have used every beta and whql driver that came out in the last year, with the exception of a few beta drivers that had weird game issues i've never encountered full on crashing like described. So its clearly not every card or system.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: New WHQL GeForce Drivers Jan 28, 2014, 21:17 belowzeros

do you know if they ever fixed the 400,500,600 problem? I haven't update my 560ti drivers since the crashing was introduced. I gave up trying after a few iterations but would love an update since I'm probably 8-10 months behind.

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 28, 2014, 18:26:
What are you talking about? Nvidia actually surprased ATI in poor quality about a year ago, when they managed to release 5 months worth of WHQL drivers that did nothing but crash(the TDR problem), and crash so often, and so badly that Nvidia was willing to pay for cardowners in the US to have their rigs shipped to California at their cost to do testing. And we can't forget the 3 further WHQL driver releases which hardlocked, crashed, and froze nearly all 400,500,600 series cards.

8. Re: GeForce Beta Drivers Jan 28, 2014, 20:59 eRe4s3r

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 28, 2014, 18:26:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 28, 2014, 03:49:

So kudos to Nvidia for approaching ATI level of driver quality.. bleh
What are you talking about? Nvidia actually surprased ATI in poor quality about a year ago, when they managed to release 5 months worth of WHQL drivers that did nothing but crash(the TDR problem), and crash so often, and so badly that Nvidia was willing to pay for cardowners in the US to have their rigs shipped to California at their cost to do testing. And we can't forget the 3 further WHQL driver releases which hardlocked, crashed, and froze nearly all 400,500,600 series cards.

Well until now I had 0 problems with Nvidia drivers... this one pissed me off enough to uninstall this entire shitload of bloatware they add in their drivers nowadays. Now it works, no background stream service wasting 15GB of ram (And it did it AGAIN, after I disabled everything I could find in the drivers) ... actually lost about 2 hours of gameplay thanks to this crap... *rage* ;p

7. Re: GeForce Beta Drivers Jan 28, 2014, 18:26 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 28, 2014, 03:49:

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

6. Re: GeForce Beta Drivers Jan 28, 2014, 16:27 eRe4s3r

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 28, 2014, 06:11:
GeForce Experience is not the driver, it's optional bloatware. If it doesn't work for you, or you had it configured incorrectly, just remove it.

But that's just it. Shadowplay and all that ARE disabled. Why the heck does it start the background recording service without my doing? And GF Experience is a nice hassle free way to get updates. It'd just be nicer if it didn't have a rambo process that uses all your RAM and nearly crashes the entire OS.

You can't configure this incorrectly either. I have everything disabled/OFF and it started this process anyway.

5. Re: GeForce Beta Drivers Jan 28, 2014, 07:15 SpectralMeat

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 28, 2014, 06:11:
GeForce Experience is not the driver, it's optional bloatware. If it doesn't work for you, or you had it configured incorrectly, just remove it.
I don't think it is a bloatware. That video recorder software is awesome. Much much better performance recording videos with it then fraps. They are adding more and more options to it with each new version also. It is still in beta but I really like it already.

Steam: SpectralMeat

4. Re: GeForce Beta Drivers Jan 28, 2014, 06:11 jacobvandy

3. Re: GeForce Beta Drivers Jan 28, 2014, 03:49 eRe4s3r

Speaking of GeForce drivers... installed latest Geforce Experience and get suddenly dropped out of playing CIV4... with a "Your system has no physical memory" message.... which surprised me a bit given I have 16GB Ram...

So I look, and the retarded Nvidia driver had a background task active that used 15GB of RAM (nvBackgroundStream) despite me having all that crap disabled...

2. Re: GeForce Beta Drivers Jan 28, 2014, 03:07 Nut

Each video adapter renders half the playing card, and in the meantime my gaming laptop can now cook an egg placed near the exhaust.  

1. Re: GeForce Beta Drivers Jan 28, 2014, 00:01 Blahman

HearthStone SLI profile? lol  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo