Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Repopulation Funded

The Kickstarter for The Repopulation has concluded, with this post-apocalyptic sandbox MMORPG beating its $50,000 goal by a cool 350%, finishing up with $175,000 in crowd-sourced funding, with yesterday's surge hitting two stretch goals, the final one allowing the creation of arenas for PvP gladiatorial combat in player-created cities. In other news related to the game, they have just published a new article on Rogue and Scout Skills and at 4:00 pm EST today there will be a live interview with Joshua Hall today on DeadpoolyPlays' Twitch stream to discuss the game.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: The Repopulation Funded Jan 27, 2014, 17:10 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 16:36:
Yeah, this was number 2. How many more KS' are they going to have to do to get the actual money they need. What they're proposing strikes me as needing a few million at least, not 10s of 1000s.

That seems highly unethical and probably against Kickstarter's rules.

One of the key features of KS that no one is out a dime if the project doesn't make enough money to go ahead. If a project asks for partial funding and then props up their funds with additional Kickstarter campaigns, this breaks down. People can buy in and have their money taken off them without the developer being able to honestly say that they're in a position to make the product they claimed.

All KS campaigns have an element of risk but my understanding is that if money is taken from me, it's because the developer believes they can deliver.

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: The Repopulation Funded Jan 27, 2014, 16:36 Cutter

Yeah, this was number 2. How many more KS' are they going to have to do to get the actual money they need. What they're proposing strikes me as needing a few million at least, not 10s of 1000s.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Re: The Repopulation Funded Jan 27, 2014, 15:25 Ozmodan

Too many promises and not enough staff or money to implement them.

If you wasted money on their kickstarter prepare to be majorly disappointed.

3. Re: The Repopulation Funded Jan 27, 2014, 12:02 jacobvandy

Darks wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 11:06:
This game is an open PVE/PVP type game right? I donít care for PVP. it detracts from the game when you constantly have to worry about some asshole player killing just for kicks.

Only hardcore servers (i.e. PVP servers in other MMOs) will have faction killing anywhere/everywhere. But even then, there will be different levels of NPC security depending on the zone, like in EVE. Normal servers will require you enter PVP-specific zones or toggle PVP mode on.

2. Re: The Repopulation Funded Jan 27, 2014, 11:06 Darks

This game is an open PVE/PVP type game right? I donít care for PVP. it detracts from the game when you constantly have to worry about some asshole player killing just for kicks.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

1. Re: The Repopulation Funded Jan 27, 2014, 10:45 RoboNerd

I made this my first Kickstarter contribution early last week. I hope it turns out to be worthwhile. Goodluck  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo