Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

55. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 25, 2014, 21:32 nin

Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 25, 2014, 16:32:
Redmask wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 22:48:
Axis wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 22:04:
Redmask you satisfied? You got two!

You're on shitlist from now on, not wasting a single more iota of my time or reading space. Good luck with your mental issues.

I find it's worth the 2 seconds to ignore someone to save my sanity. Axis is already there, so he must not have changed.

In addition to ignore, I also recommend Fox Replace, which lets you rename the offensive poster to any name you desire.

That reminds me, there's a few recent additions I need to rename...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

54. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 25, 2014, 19:47 Axis

Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 25, 2014, 16:32:

You're on shitlist from now on, not wasting a single more iota of my time or reading space. Good luck with your mental issues.

I find it's worth the 2 seconds to ignore someone to save my sanity. Axis is already there, so he must not have changed.

Thanks X7, please don't take me off of it. I really don't like conversations with the weak.

Since I'm never afraid to be wrong and highly insulting comments get deleted anyway, I have no need to use an 'ignore' feature. Ever.

Yours truly,

Axis

53. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 25, 2014, 16:32 Agent.X7

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

52. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 22:48 Redmask

51. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 22:04 Axis

Yours truly,

Axis

50. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 21:39 Verno

JD, Verno, Beamer, care to give redmask his obligatory reach-around?

This thread is hilarious! The four posters who got butthurt along the "lets argue with Axis" highway in the past banding together to troll and insult while calling out "foul!" and patting each others backs.

Haha sure its a big conspiracy from random unconnected internet people who don't know you from adam..or maybe you're the common denominator and your big mouth got you into trouble again.
No one made you troll this thread or make wild claims about the Wii U in the past. All I wanted you to do was put the big boy pants on and admit you were wrong, simply because you were so obnoxious about it in the past. I don't really care about your ongoing feud with other people or whatever it is you have going on. As far as I can see you got dogpiled a bit but you can't say you didn't have it coming.

Anyways getting back on topic, I have to say it's a bit worrying when the Bone can't do a stable 30+ fps on last gen stuff.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

49. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 18:48 Beamer

I know I shouldn't keep feeding, but I don't get what he thinks we're "butthurt" over.

He'll flip out over something, and when you respond, accuse you of making a mountain out of a molehill. He'll flip out over you commenting on something he commented on, then accuse you of "reading into it."

It's like he doesn't understand how hysterically ironic he is.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

48. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 18:04 Redmask

Go away and stop fucking up threads, your ego schtick got old a long time ago.  

47. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 18:02 Axis

Redmask wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 17:52:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 17:10:
Beamer wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 16:28:
Axis wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 16:22:
I'll sign autographs someday, right now I'm too busy yawning at all this backscratching going on...

Huh?
His comment was just a comment. He can't help it if you read so much into it.

Anyway, I think we're all just feeding the ego/troll.

POW! Zinnnggggg!

Rifle

Yeah he got owned, his own fault for not knowing when to shut the fuck up and leave bad enough alone.

JD, Verno, Beamer, care to give redmask his obligatory reach-around?

This thread is hilarious! The four posters who got butthurt along the "lets argue with Axis" highway in the past banding together to troll and insult while calling out "foul!" and patting each others backs.

See yas in the next thread, least we know you all follow me around like a puppy wanting to be pet...

Yours truly,

Axis

46. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 17:52 Redmask

jdreyer wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 17:10:
I'll sign autographs someday, right now I'm too busy yawning at all this backscratching going on...

Huh?

POW! Zinnnggggg!

Rifle

Yeah he got owned, his own fault for not knowing when to shut the fuck up and leave bad enough alone.

45. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 17:25 Axis

Pitiful attempt really. Beamer was just biting at the bit thinking "I can't wait to use Axis's cool comment for myself!" and used it when it wasn't even remotely applicable.

But hey you guys wanna make sweet trolltext-love to one another then let the blues denizens observe!

Yours truly,

Axis

44. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 17:10 jdreyer

Huh?

POW! Zinnnggggg!

Rifle

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

43. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 16:29 Redmask

Lastword.gif  

42. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 16:28 Beamer

Huh?

-------------

41. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 16:22 Axis

Yours truly,

Axis

40. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 15:39 Redmask

Beamer wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 14:50:
Since people could no longer attach themselves to facts, they attached themselves to opinions, and it made them that much more rabid and that much more emotional in their debates.

That is certainly evident in one poster here.

39. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 15:17 Axis

Verno wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 14:46:
Axis wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 13:28:
Again where do read into my comments of my own enjoyment somehow dictating success or failure? Can't argue with reality, it's not selling well and I've stated as much time and time again.

Yeah no sugar coating it, you were wrong about the Wii U. As for its success/failure, the comment that "well I enjoyed it so whatever" comes off looking like handwaving. People tend to have confirmation bias with their purchases so when people bring it up in a discussion about other stuff things get a bit distorted. You sort of brought this on yourself anyway by making the snarky comment about FPS.

So far yes I've been wrong about the Wii U's success. And?

As for my FPS comment, it's just a comment. I can't help you guys read so much into what I say, guess you're just an Axis fan, so thanks!

Yours truly,

Axis

38. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 14:50 Beamer

Verno wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 14:46:
People tend to be happy with their purchases and seek to put the product in the most positive light possible, confirmation bias is a powerful thing.

There was a pretty interesting article on The Verge the other day, speculating that fanboys are so vehement these days because there's no distinguishing features. It was focusing mostly on mobile, and arguing that, between at least iOS and Android, there isn't a single thing objectively better about one or the other, meaning all that was left was subjective, or based on emotion. Since people could no longer attach themselves to facts, they attached themselves to opinions, and it made them that much more rabid and that much more emotional in their debates.

Honestly, I'm not 100% certain I agree, because this insane fanboyism going around isn't new. You had it in schoolyards arguing about SNES vs Genesis, but I guess that could be considered the same type of thing (Mario vs Sonic.) What seems new is that it's spread to otherwise rational adults, rather than just kids. The type of people that would mock irrational sports fans, and claim to dislike most corporations, irrationally spend time discussing why anyone buying Product A is an idiot because nearly identical Product X is clearly vastly superior.

-------------

37. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 14:46 Verno

Axis wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 13:28:
Again where do read into my comments of my own enjoyment somehow dictating success or failure? Can't argue with reality, it's not selling well and I've stated as much time and time again.

Yeah no sugar coating it, you were wrong about the Wii U. As for its success/failure, the comment that "well I enjoyed it so whatever" comes off looking like handwaving. People tend to have confirmation bias with their purchases so when people bring it up in a discussion about other stuff things get a bit distorted. You sort of brought this on yourself anyway by making the snarky comment about FPS.

This comment was edited on Jan 24, 2014, 14:53.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

36. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 14:02 jdreyer

Axis wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 19:59:
Talk frame rates? Talk frame rates. Wii U wasn't included. I included it.

C'mon Axis. Give me a break:

PC - apple
XB1 - apple
PS4 - apple
Wii U - orange

We were talking apples. There's no point in talking about the orange.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo