Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Blackguards

Blackguards is now available worldwide for Windows and OS X on Steam and GOG.com, offering the new turn-based RPG from Daedalic Entertainment. Standalone playable demos were recently released for either platform, and demos are also available through Steam. Here's word on the game:

Calling out to all rogues and fans of RPGs: Blackguards - the new turn-based RPG from Daedalic Entertainment is now available worldwide for Mac and PC on Steam and GOG. This final version of the game includes all new features implemented based on the feedback collected during the Early Access Program.

Players who bought Blackguards via the Steam Early Access will receive an automatic update including the final version of the game.

Leading up to the release, Blackguards proved that, with their first venture into the RPG genre, Daedalic Entertainment once again have created a gripping gaming experience.

Gamespot were keen to highlight the detail of the 180+ individually designed battlemaps: "You see it most in the heavy focus on interaction with environmental objects scattered throughout the hexagonal grids, and in its best moments, Blackguards uses them to craft more rewarding battles than we recently saw in The Banner Saga."

Blackguards' is now available for PC and Mac on Steam and GOG. The Standard Edition on Steam is available for US$39.99/ Euro39.99/ RUR699/ GBP29.99 and the Blackguards Deluxe Edition for US$ 59.99/ Euro59.99/ RUR999/ GBP44.99. The Special Edition on GOG is available for US$44.99.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Blackguards Jan 23, 2014, 02:04 Cutter

Is there a way to rotate maps - not just zoom up and down? And is there no way to rebind keys? I like what I see from the demo but it doesn't strike me as a game with much replay value, so I can't justify buying this until a good sale comes along....unless there's an editor for the community to make maps/quests, etc. So is there an editor as well?

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Blackguards Jan 23, 2014, 01:49 jdreyer

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 19:44:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 19:29:
Not in Belgium.

Bel-what? Who gives a fuck about Bel-what?!?

Um, people in Belgium? Just a guess.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Blackguards Jan 23, 2014, 01:48 jdreyer

It does look pretty cool.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Blackguards Jan 22, 2014, 21:38 Jivaro

Good game and it had a *GASP* demo that I could try first. I am buying it at the asking price.  

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Blackguards Jan 22, 2014, 20:14 PropheT

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 19:26:
PropheT wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 19:00:
It helps if you've played Drakengaard

Dude. Game's called Drakensang, not Drakengaard.

Err, oops. Well, at least you knew what I meant

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Blackguards Jan 22, 2014, 20:05 Julio

Fibrocyte wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 19:32:
Ouch... I just installed the demo and will try it in the morning but that pricetag is too much. Hopefully there's a sale in the near term.

It's pretty pricy, on sale for $40.49 on GOG (only $4.50 off). Definitely waiting on a sale for this if I even get it later on.

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Blackguards Jan 22, 2014, 19:44 CJ_Parker

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 19:29:
Not in Belgium.

Bel-what? Who gives a fuck about Bel-what?!?

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Blackguards Jan 22, 2014, 19:32 Fibrocyte

Ouch... I just installed the demo and will try it in the morning but that pricetag is too much. Hopefully there's a sale in the near term.  

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Blackguards Jan 22, 2014, 19:29 HorrorScope

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 19:26:

Not in Belgium.

Excited to play. Went through Chap 1 when first placed in EA, didn't want to spoil. To me looks like the best table top translation of pnp fantasy to date. This one is combat heavy, story lite, if you like that combo.

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Blackguards Jan 22, 2014, 19:26 CJ_Parker

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Blackguards Jan 22, 2014, 19:00 PropheT

I've really enjoyed this, although it's not perfect. It helps if you've played Drakengaard or those games just to understand the RPG mechanics behind the Dark Eye stuff, but they're still manageable.

I swear it was cheaper when I bought it, though, I guess it was a good deal to get the early access.

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo