Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - INSURGENCY

Steam News announces that INSURGENCY is now available as a full release following an extended Early Access period for New World Interactive's tactical first-person shooter based on the mod of the same name. Here's word on the game, which is on sale for 10% off for the next week:

Take to the streets for intense close quarters combat, where a team's survival depends upon securing crucial strongholds and destroying enemy supply in this multiplayer and cooperative Source Engine based experience. The follow-up game to the award-winning Source mod, Insurgency is highly competitive and unforgivingly lethal, striking a balance between one-life gameplay and prolonged action.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Ships Ahoy - INSURGENCY Jan 24, 2014, 12:46 SpectralMeat

JaguarUSF wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 06:56:
And here it is.
Thanks for the review Jaguar.
Looks alright but I don't think it is my cup of tea.
Maybe grab it on sale down the line sometimes.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Ships Ahoy - INSURGENCY Jan 23, 2014, 10:30 HorrorScope

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 21:36:
Whiskers wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 21:28:
Yeah. How dare they take their talent and ideas and try and make a living out of it! For shame!

That isn't the point - did you see the price?

4.99, instabuy, 14.99? F THAT!

OMG $15 big ones! I guess you'll be waiting for a $5 sale, duly noted.

15. Re: Ships Ahoy - INSURGENCY Jan 23, 2014, 06:56 JaguarUSF

And here it is.

Quboid wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 20:44:
congratulations on reaching 1000 subscribers on your channel!

Oh wow, didn't even notice. Thanks! I've been hovering right around 990 followers on Twitter as well.

14. Re: Ships Ahoy - INSURGENCY Jan 23, 2014, 00:50 Wowbagger_TIP

harlock wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 22:54:
Redmask wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 22:27:
harlock wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 21:53:
this isnt a mod, its a game that licenses the source engine.. which costs the developers money to do

but yeh its a fairly complex idea so some people arent going to be able to understand this

Could you maybe explain it using alphabet soup?

what be soup is alphabet

By the time I buy this, probably nobody will be playing it anymore

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - INSURGENCY Jan 22, 2014, 22:54 harlock

Redmask wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 22:27:
this isnt a mod, its a game that licenses the source engine.. which costs the developers money to do

but yeh its a fairly complex idea so some people arent going to be able to understand this

what be soup is alphabet

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - INSURGENCY Jan 22, 2014, 22:27 Redmask

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - INSURGENCY Jan 22, 2014, 21:57 Whiskers

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 21:36:
That isn't the point - did you see the price? 4.99, instabuy, 14.99? F THAT!
Pretty sure it was less than $4.99 during the Xmas sale. I'll probably pick it up when it goes on sale for that price again.

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - INSURGENCY Jan 22, 2014, 21:53 harlock

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - INSURGENCY Jan 22, 2014, 21:36 xXBatmanXx

Whiskers wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 21:28:
Yeah. How dare they take their talent and ideas and try and make a living out of it! For shame!

That isn't the point - did you see the price?

4.99, instabuy, 14.99? F THAT!

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - INSURGENCY Jan 22, 2014, 21:28 Whiskers

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - INSURGENCY Jan 22, 2014, 21:06 xXBatmanXx

This is what bothers me - a free mod - now costs money....and it probably isn't that much diff.... no thanks.  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - INSURGENCY Jan 22, 2014, 20:44 Quboid

I've just been looking for Let's Plays for this; LPs are so much more informative than reviews. I'll watch yours when it pops up on my subscriptions list, congratulations on reaching 1000 subscribers on your channel!  

- Quboid

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - INSURGENCY Jan 22, 2014, 20:36 Rattlehead

JaguarUSF wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 20:20:
My video review will be going up tomorrow morning (it's processing on YouTube right now).

The game is out of early access now (it was in beta for at least 4 months).

It's really good.

I like the classes that are just a bit restrictive. I like the per game unlock system where you don't have to play 20 hours to unlock a new gun. I like the pace (slower than CS, faster than ArmA). I like that there are no hip-aiming sights (unless you use a laser sight). I like the use of objectives (your team respawns when an objective is captured).
Oh snap thanks for the heads up, thought it was in early access still.

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - INSURGENCY Jan 22, 2014, 20:27 SpectralMeat

Looking forward to your review.
It sounds promising so far.

Steam: SpectralMeat

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - INSURGENCY Jan 22, 2014, 20:20 JaguarUSF

My video review will be going up tomorrow morning (it's processing on YouTube right now).

The game is out of early access now (it was in beta for at least 4 months).

It's really good.

I like the classes that are just a bit restrictive. I like the per game unlock system where you don't have to play 20 hours to unlock a new gun. I like the pace (slower than CS, faster than ArmA). I like that there are no hip-aiming sights (unless you use a laser sight). I like the use of objectives (your team respawns when an objective is captured).

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - INSURGENCY Jan 22, 2014, 18:45 Rattlehead

Played this mod a hella lot back in the day. I'll definitely check it out when it's out of early access. (I hate early access).  

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - INSURGENCY Jan 22, 2014, 18:07 Whiskers

I'm looking forward to hearing some reviews on this. The mod was a lot of fun most of the time.  

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo