Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Safety Dance

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. What about IE6? Jan 23, 2014, 20:43 Ant

Do any business use it? Or is it finally dead?  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Humor Website Cracked.com Serves Malware, Again. Jan 23, 2014, 06:50 TheVocalMinority

And nothing of value was lost.  
Assley Putz
"Was vocalminority assley putzs most recent handle?"
-nin May 16, 2012, 10:52

5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 22, 2014, 23:28 nin

Creston wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 23:21:
PropheT wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 22:20:
Crustacean Soup wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 22:01:
Who uses 32-bit IE 10 or below? I'm sure a lot of businesses do, and Cracked is a nice site to view while bored at work...

The place where I work is still dependent on IE 7/8. Entire business, thousands of computers, because security changes in newer versions that prevent older business applications with browser integration from working without extremely expensive upgrades and long testing periods.

Sucks, but it's fairly common.

Yep, same here. All our home-brewed intranet applications run on shitty IE7/8, and they break with 9/10 or 11. (though most actually do work on Chrome.)

Every time someone has a problem with the "internet", I just say "Well, it's because we're using a seven year old browser."

Note to self: may need to borrow that line. I generally just use "shitty-assed IE", but yours is a bit more diplomatic.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 22, 2014, 23:21 Creston

PropheT wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 22:20:
Who uses 32-bit IE 10 or below? I'm sure a lot of businesses do, and Cracked is a nice site to view while bored at work...

The place where I work is still dependent on IE 7/8. Entire business, thousands of computers, because security changes in newer versions that prevent older business applications with browser integration from working without extremely expensive upgrades and long testing periods.

Yep, same here. All our home-brewed intranet applications run on shitty IE7/8, and they break with 9/10 or 11. (though most actually do work on Chrome.)

Every time someone has a problem with the "internet", I just say "Well, it's because we're using a seven year old browser."

3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 22, 2014, 22:20 PropheT

2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 22, 2014, 22:01 Crustacean Soup

The Barracuda article includes a description of the exploit, the URLs involved, the affected browser, a link to the CVE page for the exploit involved, and a packet capture. I don't know what more you want from them.

1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 22, 2014, 18:16 panbient

Re: Cracked

That article is kind of worthless. It states that only 'some' virus checks can detect an infection but doesn't actually bother specifying which ones? Instead just asking visitors to avoid the site? Are softpedia / Barracuda Labs owned by MAD Magazine or something?

Better question... who still uses Internet Explorer? and the 32 bit version at that...

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo