Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Last Starbound Character Wipe Coming

The Starbound website has details on the next patch for the space game, offering a detailed change list on what this adds, including a permadeath gameplay mode (thanks PCGamesN). The update also reveals this will include the last planned character wipe, though it's possible another world wipe will come. Here's word:

Of course, there’s also the highly anticipated/possibly feared final character wipe– this patch contains a fix for save files so after this, you won’t need to worry about our patches destroying your characters or ships. This patch will wipe everything– characters, ships and worlds. It will definitely be the last time we’ll need to wipe characters or ships, and will hopefully be the last time we’ll need to wipe worlds. This explanation from Kyren should help clarify things a little:

“The problem is that the organization of planets may change so if they go muck with a planet, how do we put it in the celestial map? Or if they build on a biome we remove, or something. So no promises, but we’ll try. But promises on the player / ship.”

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Last Starbound Character Wipe Coming Jan 15, 2014, 15:44 PHJF

Yeah well the SB forums are pretty full of people raging about wipes. herp derp stop updating my beta!1111  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Last Starbound Character Wipe Coming Jan 15, 2014, 09:10 Task

It is a beta, I would expect wipes as part of the process.  

5. Re: Last Starbound Character Wipe Coming Jan 15, 2014, 01:15 Fion

I don't think anyone's doing anything but messing around at the moment. I have been clearing my backlog while I wait. Oh and finally hitting 500 hours played on Skyrim. Woot!  

4. Re: Last Starbound Character Wipe Coming Jan 14, 2014, 19:50 nin

PropheT wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 19:33:
Really looking forward to this, I haven't done much more than casually just goof around because I was dreading a wipe after I had a character I really wanted to keep.

Same here. I do appreciate the tutorial, in the form of quests...that's a nice touch.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: Last Starbound Character Wipe Coming Jan 14, 2014, 19:33 PropheT

Really looking forward to this, I haven't done much more than casually just goof around because I was dreading a wipe after I had a character I really wanted to keep.  

2. Re: Last Starbound Character Wipe Coming Jan 14, 2014, 18:58 xXBatmanXx

Although a bummer - glad I quit playing. I think MrGrosser and I had pretty muched explored what they currently had to offer anyway (check screens on Steam) - now going to wait until final release for more content.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

1. Re: Last Starbound Character Wipe Coming Jan 14, 2014, 17:37 Beelzebud

Good I've held off playing this because I don't feel liking starting over with each patch.  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo