Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Torchlight 2 Free Weekend

A free weekend is now underway on Steam for Torchlight 2, Runic's action/RPG sequel. According to Steam news this will run from now until Sunday at 4:00 pm EST. Those who enjoy the experience may find themselves tempted by the current sale price on the game, as it is being offered for 75% off.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

3. Re: Torchlight 2 Free Weekend Jan 9, 2014, 19:24 btallas

In my opinion the only game that came close to diablo 2 was titan quest. Looking forward to grim dawn (since it's being designed by the titan quest devs), tempted to buy the steam early release.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Torchlight 2 Free Weekend Jan 9, 2014, 18:55 PHJF

TL2 was especially boring where a majority of the attacks just feel like re-skinned basic attacks.

Really thought they'd pull it off. TL1 was a great start but they utterly failed to move forward in any capacity. A boring game with coop is still a boring game.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

1. Re: Torchlight 2 Free Weekend Jan 9, 2014, 18:35 Suppa7

It's too bad none of the ARPG games had what diablo 1 + 2 had on release. I can't say I've been impressed by any of them. Path of Exile comes closest to replicating the factors that made the original diablo a success but the loot system and the poor combat means it's longevity is going not be as good.

The reason diablo 2 worked so well is the combat was more involved then what all the ARPG's so far have done. TL2 was especially boring where a majority of the attacks just feel like re-skinned basic attacks.

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo