Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Double Dragon Neon for Steam Nears

Majesco Entertainment is bringing Double Dragon Neon to Windows PCs via Steam during the first quarter of this year, offering a new co-op mode not offered in the console editions of the fighting game sequel. Here's a bit from a press release on Joystiq:

Billy and Jimmy Lee are back in Double Dragon: Neon, a reboot of the classic side-scrolling beat-em-up that is coming to Windows PC via Steam. To mark the occasion, developer Abstraction has gone back to the dojo and returned with an all-new online co-op mode for the true Double Dragon experience players have been waiting for. While taking down the Shadow Warriors and facing off with Skullmageddeon, co-op players can 'high-five' to share health, 'psych' up their comrades for special moves and revive their fallen partner. Keep an eye on your surroundings to discover life-restoring sodas, peruse the shop for items and find special mix tapes. The tapes can be stacked to pump up their effects, while playing two tapes at once creates a fusion of powers for devastating results!

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Double Dragon Neon for Steam Nears Jan 9, 2014, 20:32 SlimRam

Um...in the original arcade game, just throw the back elbow...like continually...forever and you were basically invincible. Kinda put a damper on playing the game after I learned that  

I went to the 'Water and Ice' store near my house and I asked to see they're 'Secret Menu'.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Double Dragon Neon for Steam Nears Jan 9, 2014, 16:59 killer_roach

ViRGE wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 10:16:
They're about a year and a half late on this one, especially since it garnered such mediocre reviews in its console releases.

And mediocre is being generous to it. Seriously, it's the Flatout 3 of beat-em-ups.

5. Re: Double Dragon Neon for Steam Nears Jan 9, 2014, 16:45 Yosemite Sam

I dumped sooo many quarters into that game. The view is too close on this one, makes it look more like MK then DD... and that music is so lame.  

PSN id PR345(PS3) PST Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

Looking for an active crew in GTA 5? I'm a Crew lieutenant for VCCM, adults only, 500+ members.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

4. Re: Double Dragon Neon for Steam Nears Jan 9, 2014, 12:32 Cutter

Damn man, should try MK Komplete. It's crazy violent!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: Double Dragon Neon for Steam Nears Jan 9, 2014, 11:47 xXBatmanXx

yea bummed it is taking so long and failed on sexbox.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

2. Re: Double Dragon Neon for Steam Nears Jan 9, 2014, 10:16 ViRGE

They're about a year and a half late on this one, especially since it garnered such mediocre reviews in its console releases.  

1. Re: Double Dragon Neon for Steam Nears Jan 9, 2014, 09:47 Pigeon

I did love me some DoubleDragon back in the day, that was some awesome 2 player fun to be had.  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo