Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Dreamfall Chapters Trailer and Walkthrough

A new Red Thread Games YouTube channel is live, offering three videos from Dreamfall Chapters, the upcoming adventure sequel to Funcom's The Longest Journey. There is an official teaser trailer as well as two versions of an almost 30-minute gameplay walkthrough, one with developer commentary from design director Martin Bruusgaard and creative director Ragnar Tørnquist, and the other without. Word is the gameplay footage offers is "pre-alpha." Thanks Polygon.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Dreamfall Chapters Trailer and Walkthrough Jan 10, 2014, 08:47 gray

I guess now I have to finish the first one  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Dreamfall Chapters Trailer and Walkthrough Jan 9, 2014, 19:49 Sho

Most of the dev team members have worked on the previous two games. The most relevant new addition is Martin who's the lead gameplay designer and hasn't worked on the series before (but is ex-Funcom too).  

6. Re: Dreamfall Chapters Trailer and Walkthrough Jan 9, 2014, 19:47 Fion

Glad to see Ragnar Tornquist is behind this. He lead the development of the first two after all. Looking forward to it.  

5. Re: Dreamfall Chapters Trailer and Walkthrough Jan 9, 2014, 16:32 Sho

They did point out during the con that this was early in the game and partly meant to tutorialize, but I doubt they'll really have difficult puzzles in there overall.  

4. Re: Dreamfall Chapters Trailer and Walkthrough Jan 9, 2014, 16:28 saluk

Looking pretty decent so far, definitely a step up from Dreamfall. Going away from the horrible combat engine and returning to more puzzle solving (even if what's been shown so far is really simple) is the right direction to make me happy.  

3. Re: Dreamfall Chapters Trailer and Walkthrough Jan 9, 2014, 12:40 Sho

I didn't get that impression at the convention, actually. They talked quite a bit about their creative process, and the care they must take in designing the decision trees that play out throughout the game, because they want to include a lot of both small and big decisions that have ramifications later in the plot. And they're not talking like "Kaidan vs. Ashley"-type decisions, but also want to do more subtle things. So I'm expecting something cohesive rather than segmented personally.

Note hat the "Chapters" title doesn't refer to anything episodic or so. AFAIK they have no plans for add-ons; Chapters is supposed to conclude the Zoe story / Dreamer cycle. And the next game after Dreamfall would be The Longest Journey Home which is centered on April again.

2. Re: Dreamfall Chapters Trailer and Walkthrough Jan 9, 2014, 12:35 Gadzooks

Loved the past games, but something about the whole notion behind this one screams "multi segmented paid DLC"  

1. Re: Dreamfall Chapters Trailer and Walkthrough Jan 9, 2014, 10:23 Sho

Note that the footage in this teaser is really, really, really old by now, it's all still stuff made by/during the time of the KS campaign. They've advanced tremendously since (I attended JourneyCon in Oslo this past November where they showed off the Friar's Keep demo and some more Metropolis and other bits and pieces and it all looked really spiffy despite the pre-alpha stage).  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo