Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Xbone vs PS4 Jan 9, 2014, 13:37 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 11:54:
PropheT wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 11:38:
Creston wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 11:29:
"It means we really have no clue what we're talking about, and we're just throwing shit out there to try to get clicks!"

No kidding

That whole article was like a thinly veiled request to put down torches and pitchforks.

Which is pretty valid. I try not to read games boards other than this one, but I'll sometimes read news stories comments, and the Xbox vs PS discussions are kind of sickening. Everyone is so certain their platform has won (and anyone considering a different platform is some kind of moron) despite us having really little evidence of anything, and what little is there points distinctly to the PS, but two months in is a stupid time to claim victory. Ask Nintendo about that.

Yeah, he was trying to put the numbers in context. Unfortunately, a lot of that context is unknown.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 9, 2014, 13:31 jdreyer

It's a long game, and while MS made a bunch of missteps at the start giving PS a head start, we've got another seven or eight years of these two battling it out. Either one of them could screw it up. In the end, it comes down to how good the games are for each. If Titanfall turns into the next COD, that's going to sell consoles for them, for example.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 9, 2014, 13:12 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 12:42:
Wow that was just painful listening to those morons. 'Uh derp! Xbox Sign Out! No! Derp! We owe you a debt of thanks MS for taking all the people of less than average intelligence to your bosom.

Just confirms console + cod = derp.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 9, 2014, 12:42 Cutter

Wow that was just painful listening to those morons. 'Uh derp! Xbox Sign Out! No! Derp! We owe you a debt of thanks MS for taking all the people of less than average intelligence to your bosom.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Re: XBOX Sign Out Jan 9, 2014, 12:00 Creston

Frags4Fun wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 11:07:
That's hilarious! I wonder if it will sign out everyone who has speakers on when this is broadcast across a game. Get people to say it and watch a bunch of people suddenly sign out. I imagine there's a confirmation screen though. Clever stuff.

*sexy girl laugh* made me spit up water. That was just funny trolling.

5. Re: Xbone vs PS4 Jan 9, 2014, 11:54 Beamer

PropheT wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 11:38:
"It means we really have no clue what we're talking about, and we're just throwing shit out there to try to get clicks!"

No kidding

That whole article was like a thinly veiled request to put down torches and pitchforks.

Which is pretty valid. I try not to read games boards other than this one, but I'll sometimes read news stories comments, and the Xbox vs PS discussions are kind of sickening. Everyone is so certain their platform has won (and anyone considering a different platform is some kind of moron) despite us having really little evidence of anything, and what little is there points distinctly to the PS, but two months in is a stupid time to claim victory. Ask Nintendo about that.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

4. Re: Xbone vs PS4 Jan 9, 2014, 11:38 PropheT

No kidding

3. Re: XBOX Sign Out Jan 9, 2014, 11:36 Linksil

Yea, where there's a voice command there's a troll to abuse it. Although it was really amusing with some of the reactions. I don't have a Xbone yet, but from what I understand it needs to be you saying it(same voice that turned on the system), so you can't just play it over speakers to log out people remotely.  
Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.

2. Xbone vs PS4 Jan 9, 2014, 11:29 Creston

Summing Up

So what does this all mean?

1. XBOX Sign Out Jan 9, 2014, 11:07 Frags4Fun

That's hilarious! I wonder if it will sign out everyone who has speakers on when this is broadcast across a game. Get people to say it and watch a bunch of people suddenly sign out. I imagine there's a confirmation screen though. Clever stuff.  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo