Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites

The Elder Scrolls Online website announces a new round of beta invites is going out for Bethesda's upcoming MMORPG:

The beta is getting bigger as launch approaches, and we can’t wait to see everyone’s feedback. If you don’t receive your invite today, don’t worry—you’ll have more chances to explore Tamriel before launch. When we send out invites, we post here and on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, so follow us on your favorite site to make sure you don’t miss an announcement.

View
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

38. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 13, 2014, 15:21 Quinn

Damn, (melee) combat needs allot of work! There's no sense/feedback of impact at all

Atmosphere is amazing. I was in on Elsweyr, Tamriel. Music was ES worthy. Character looks are great -- especially the Khajiiti and Argonians.

I hope they want to put a few 100k's of dollars into improving the melee combat, though. That was just... mediocre, perhaps.

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 2014, 17:40.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

37. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 12, 2014, 05:05 Ant

Nighthawk wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 17:25:
From Friday, January 10th at 6:00PM EST
Until Sunday, January 12th at 11:59PM EST

E97TWX4CFJ9PJW7K667L

I can't stand stress tests, so enjoy, someone....
4HL9T3GALENCRWDAD9CT from mine and don't have time to play it (too big too).

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

36. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 8, 2014, 19:25 Nighthawk

A sarcastic thank you because her boyfriend is going to disappear for a few days?
Or a real thank you because she gets to disappear with him?

Either way I'm just glad someone claimed it and posted

35. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 8, 2014, 17:55 Esoteric

Nighthawk wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 17:25:

E97TWX4CFJ9PJW7K667L

My girlfriend says "Thank you!"

34. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 8, 2014, 17:25 Nighthawk

E97TWX4CFJ9PJW7K667L

33. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 8, 2014, 12:41 Jivaro

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 01:03:
Does it have "action" combat like the past few ES games - which plays kind of like an FPS - or is it combat like WoW?

Closer to the last couple of TES games than WoW.

32. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 8, 2014, 12:28 Quinn

I almost get the idea absolutely everyone who signed up for it got an invite All my friends did, I did, most of you guys did ...  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

31. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 8, 2014, 08:55 BitWraith

Even if I wanted to play this weekend, I don't think I could stomach going through that intro instance one more time. Fortunately, I'm not interested.  

30. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 8, 2014, 06:04 Kawlisse

Cram wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 02:48:
Heya all,

If anyone wants my invite for this Jan 10-12 stress test, let me know.
I won't be able to participate and I'm happy to give it away if someone wants. (first request gets it, not posting key as I'd prefer not have some random lurker get the key)

Nevermind dude, give it to someone else, looks like I got the invite also !!!

29. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 8, 2014, 06:01 Kawlisse

Cram wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 02:48:
Heya all,

I won't be able to participate and I'm happy to give it away if someone wants. (first request gets it, not posting key as I'd prefer not have some random lurker get the key)

you must be jocking but i'd like to get it if not !

28. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 8, 2014, 02:48 Cram

Heya all,

27. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 8, 2014, 02:45 Flatline

Flatline wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 02:23:
Sigh. So much for the beta invite. Server error 500. Again. Just like last time. And asking Bethesda for help is a laugh. It took a month for them to get back to me.

Apparently people are working around it by using the TOR browser. Which is f*cking insane.

26. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 8, 2014, 02:23 Flatline

Sigh. So much for the beta invite. Server error 500. Again. Just like last time. And asking Bethesda for help is a laugh. It took a month for them to get back to me.  

25. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 8, 2014, 01:22 dj LiTh

Maybe i played a completely different game a month or so ago, because the ESO i played was broken, buggy, unoriginal, and lacking any essence of fun or appeal. To each their own i guess.  

24. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 8, 2014, 01:03 Silicon Avatar

Does it have "action" combat like the past few ES games - which plays kind of like an FPS - or is it combat like WoW?

23. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 7, 2014, 22:59 Jivaro

I don't think it qualifies as a "next generation" MMO like Landmark appears to. It does a lot of things other MMOs have been doing, and it aims to do them as well if not better, but nothing really new. (some folks would argue that statement, to be fair) That means that if you have always hated MMOs, this game isn't going to change your mind. That really shouldn't surprise anyone. That has been the problem for basically every MMO for the last 5+ years.

All of that said, I like it and I have fun playing it. As a TES fan I like it and as a MMO fan I like it. It's early though and there are plenty of levels to gain and areas to explore before I can form an opinion that should be given too much weight.

22. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 7, 2014, 22:59 n0slet

Now if they will just have a normal beta instead of this weekend only crap it'll be perfect.  

21. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 7, 2014, 22:41 Rattlehead

This game blow away my expectations in almost every way. Me and my friends are getting this day 1. The sense of exploration and freedom is so liberating compared to most MMOs, and the lack of traditional classes is great. The combat is great for the most part but could use some tweaking. But yea, love this game so far.  

20. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 7, 2014, 22:31 Rossini

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 21:48:
I was fully ready to read a lot of comments here saying "it's terrible".. because that's all I keep seeing from people, to include former guildmates from WoW that gave the betas for this game a good playing. I thought I had heard it on good authority that this game was going to crash and burn for a lot of reasons.. but a few of you here seem to like it?

So can you tell me what you like about it? I'm interested in your opinions. Thanks!

I would imagine you'll hear more negative comments because those of us who do like what we've seen so far don't want to break the NDA and perhaps lose our beta status.

19. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 7, 2014, 22:28 Rossafur

Wow, so much positivity about a game (that's not some indie kick-starter), on Bluesnews? Personally, I was wildly unimpressed. Didn't feel like an Elder Scrolls game at all, and without that feel it's just yet another generic fantasy MMO...  

38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo