Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Alien: Isolation Announced

The SEGA Blog announces Alien: Isolation, Creative Assembly's upcoming Aliens action/adventure/shooter. "In Alien: Isolation, we have taken the series back to the roots of Ridley Scott’s 1979 movie, the original survival horror," said Alistair Hope of Creative Assembly. "Our Alien is a truly terrifying creature, as intelligent as he is hostile, relentless, brutal and unstoppable. This is the Alien game fans of the series have always wanted." This has been a poorly kept secret before this revelation, as it was outed by the discovery of its trademark, concept art, and screenshots. The description on Xbox.com confirms the game's protagonist will be Ellen Ripley's daughter, and Videogamer has some first-hand impressions, saying "It's Amnesia in space, essentially, with Ripley stalked by a lone Xenomorph aboard the station," and there are also a hands-on previews on The Escapist and Rock, Paper, Shotgun. An Alien Isolation trailer is also now available, teasing the project with cinematics and glimpses of gameplay, a platform list that includes PC; Xbox One; PlayStation 4; Xbox 360; and PlayStation 3, and word the game will be "out late 2014." Here's the description:

Discover the true meaning of fear in Alien: Isolation, a survival horror set in an atmosphere of constant dread and mortal danger. Fifteen years after the events of Alien™, Ellen Ripley’s daughter, Amanda enters a desperate battle for survival, on a mission to unravel the truth behind her mother's disappearance. As Amanda, you will navigate through an increasingly volatile world as you find yourself confronted on all sides by a panicked, desperate population and an unpredictable, ruthless Alien. Underpowered and underprepared, you must scavenge resources, improvise solutions and use your wits, not just to succeed in your mission, but to simply stay alive.

View
49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

9. Re: I read sept 3 and think Rome II Jan 7, 2014, 12:42 Tim

netnerd85 wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 11:59:
In Game Footage, LOL!

Fuck off.

In game *engine*. Nothing there that isn't possible with that - looks legit enough to me?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Alien: Isolation Announced Jan 7, 2014, 12:31 JayDeath

I preorder when I can get a great deal. After watching some gameplay video, I preordered Thief for $33.75 from GMG. I thought that was a fair price for a preorder gamble.  
Steam: Henry Krinkle

Why isn't there a remake of Westworld?

7. Re: Alien: Isolation Announced Jan 7, 2014, 12:24 Verno

I like Alien, I like survival horror and I think Creative Assembly is an interesting choice to make this. So long as Gearbox and the now defunct Timegate are not involved color me intrigued.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

6. Re: Alien: Isolation Announced Jan 7, 2014, 12:13 Necrophob

Can the people who do previews get any lazier? Why don't previews have music anymore, it's only ever that annoying "DAAAAAH...DAAAAAH" sound.  

5. Re: Alien: Isolation Announced Jan 7, 2014, 12:07 PHJF

That looks pretty sweet. Imagine facehuggers hurling themselves at you...

Extremely odd choice of developers, though (Creative Assembly, aka Total War devs).

Steam + PSN: PHJF

4. Re: Alien: Isolation Revealed Jan 7, 2014, 12:00 Mad Max RW

Quinn wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 11:59:
What rational person pre-orders anyway? Unless you somehow care more for the bonus material you get with a pre-order -- that more often that not break a game's balance! -- than you care for the steep price and the good possibility of the game turning out to be crap, you should never pre-order a game. Ever.

Pre-orders.
No pros. Just cons.

Since when are fanboys (or gamers in general) rational thinkers?

Here's an alleged gameplay preview from Eurogamer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOpc6OLrEsI
I don't get it. The game doesn't look scary at all.

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 2014, 12:05.

3. Re: Alien: Isolation Announced Jan 7, 2014, 11:59 netnerd85

In Game Footage, LOL!

Fuck off.

2. Re: Alien: Isolation Revealed Jan 7, 2014, 11:59 Quinn

What rational person pre-orders anyway? Unless you somehow care more for the bonus material you get with a pre-order -- that more often that not break a game's balance! -- than you care for the steep price and the good possibility of the game turning out to be crap, you should never pre-order a game. Ever.

Pre-orders.
No pros. Just cons.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1. Re: Alien: Isolation Revealed Jan 7, 2014, 11:51 Mad Max RW

Watch as idiot fanboys line up to preorder this anyway.  

49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo