Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Citizen Funding Passes $36M

The Roberts Space Industries website now shows that Star Citizen has passed the $36 million dollar crowdfunding mark. A new Letter from the Chairman celebrates the news, outlines the Tamsa system this unlocks, and lays out their $38 million goal, the "fully aquatic planet." They currently show $36,158,810 collected from 353,996 "Star Citizens," which seems to indicate that the average pledge for the upcoming space simulation is over $100.00.

View
52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

12. Re: Star Citizen Funding Passes $36M Jan 7, 2014, 12:10 jdreyer

Wildone wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 10:38:
There's lots of people in the SC who actively DO NOT WANT OR CARE about the Dogfighting/Space Combat! I MEAN WTF this is supposed to be a space combat game at its core?!? Elite Dangerous is already skooling SC becus they are focused on the core gameplay. Sure other stuff will come LATER but at least they got this right from the start. SC is gonna suffer because of the weird fan boy wants of SC

You know, you have a crappy attitude. We've HAD dog fighting games before. You've saved the galaxy shooting down a 1000 enemy ships dozens of times before. All my life, all I've EVER wanted to is be a starship engine mechanic. We've never had that before, and SC let's us be what we want to be. THAT'S why I funded at the $500 level. I'm sure Elite will be a fine game, but stop trying to make Star Citizen into Elite. Let Star Citizen BE Star Citizen.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Star Citizen Funding Passes $36M Jan 7, 2014, 11:53 El Pit

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 11:29:
Elite Dangerous Alpha footage
Getting harder to keep my wallet closed!

NICE!

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

10. Re: Star Citizen Funding Passes $36M Jan 7, 2014, 11:43 Tumbler

I think the perception on the outside of impending doom on this project would change a lot if CIG was better about publishing content that is easier to absord for people outside the project.

They do a weekly show where they cover a wide variety of questions and topics and even i find them a little tough to absord. There are now shows on youtube that simply consolidate that info into short, easier to understand sound bites.

The hull truth is the best example. Give it a look and see if that helps. They're about 14 episodes in but CIG is surprisingly good at showing their progress and I think there is not a lot to worry about at this point. I'll be happy if it's a "good" game. I might feel differently if I was being asked to pay $500 to buy the game at launch and I'd never seen it before but this process so far of being involved from the beginning and seeing them change things as the community reacts just feels amazing.

I started at $125 for that hornet package and felt really nervous, considered pulling my pledge, but watching them respond to problems they faced and the art and models they continue to create and present just makes me happy to spend more. I'm very excited to see everything they create and with each new ship they offer I'm open to spending more money if I like it enough. That is one thing I think they've done an excellent job with. There are so many ships of vastly differenty looks and function and I don't find myself wanting every single one, I have one I like and one I don't and I hope that means others like the ones I don't and vice versa and both see a home in the universe.

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 2014, 11:48.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

9. Re: Star Citizen Funding Passes $36M Jan 7, 2014, 11:38 Quinn

DIMINISHING RETURNS, PEOPLE! Jesus Christ! A space sim will only be so good.

Sure, in the end there will be hundreds of different space ships flying around but that will only make the variation less interesting. "What is he flying in?" "Don't know, don't care." "Hmm, this."

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

8. Re: Star Citizen Funding Passes $36M Jan 7, 2014, 11:29 SpectralMeat

Elite Dangerous Alpha footage
Getting harder to keep my wallet closed!

Steam: SpectralMeat

7. Re: Star Citizen Funding Passes $36M Jan 7, 2014, 11:20 harlock

it may end up being a disaster.. but at least it will be an EPIC disaster  

6. Re: Star Citizen Funding Passes $36M Jan 7, 2014, 10:59 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 10:52:
There's lots of people in the SC who actively DO NOT WANT OR CARE about the Dogfighting/Space Combat! I MEAN WTF this is supposed to be a space combat game at its core?!? Elite Dangerous is already skooling SC becus they are focused on the core gameplay. Sure other stuff will come LATER but at least they got this right from the start. SC is gonna suffer because of the weird fan boy wants of SC

Thats only because you're assuming SC will get released at some point.

When Duke Nukem can do it.. so can this

5. Re: Star Citizen Funding Passes $36M Jan 7, 2014, 10:52 InBlack

Thats only because you're assuming SC will get released at some point.

I have a nifty blue line!

4. Re: Star Citizen Funding Passes $36M Jan 7, 2014, 10:38 Wildone

3. Re: Star Citizen Funding Passes $36M Jan 7, 2014, 10:26 El Pit

Tumbler wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 10:07:
Come on 40 million! I hope they have something big planned for 42 million! (squadron 42 and all)

A bigger hangar you can walk in for the end of this year, I guess. The dogfight module for 2015/16, but it could be delayed a bit.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

2. Re: Star Citizen Funding Passes $36M Jan 7, 2014, 10:07 Tumbler

Come on 40 million! I hope they have something big planned for 42 million! (squadron 42 and all)  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

1. Re: Star Citizen Funding Passes $36M Jan 7, 2014, 10:05 SpectralMeat

I've been watching youtube vids of Elite Dangerous and it looks so good. Wish the entry fee would be a bit lower though.
In comparison I am not sure how soon SC will be finished or close to be finished. I am a backer of SC but I have much much higher hopes for Elite.
With the TrackIR arriving today I can't hardly wait to try out these space sim games this year.

Steam: SpectralMeat

52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo