Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs

A new Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition FAQ is online to answer questions about the upcoming enhanced edition of the Tomb Raider reboot which will include DLC, preorder content, and spiffier graphics. One of the things they confirm is that the already spiffier looking PC edition of the game will not be getting an update, as they say: "Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition was designed and rebuilt from the ground up for next-generation consoles. At this time a PC update is not planned." They also note this will not come to last generation consoles, and that there will be no upgrade path for next-gen consoles, where the game will be a full US$59.99. Thanks MCV.

View
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

21. Re: No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs Jan 6, 2014, 13:28 jdreyer

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 12:32:
Quinn wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 11:57:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 11:51:
Is the Definitive version the one where they remove most QTE's?

You obviously haven't played the game with that pre-release hipster attitude.

So it changes after the first 1/2 hour?

The first half hour is awful with QTEs everywhere. Once you get out into the world gameplay is more typical 3rd person action game, but there are still QTEs. I'm a couple hours in.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs Jan 6, 2014, 13:24 jdreyer

Yeah, playing through this on my gaming PC with graphics on ultimate on my big TV. Looks beautiful and play is fun, but I hate those QTEs with a burning passion. I don't even mind the cut scenes, which tend to be fairly short and further the story. But those QTEs gotta go.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

19. Re: No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs Jan 6, 2014, 12:56 Fantaz

Tumbler wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 12:40:
....eh....it's already out and it was on sale for $10 on steam recently. Charging $59.99 for another pc version would be hilarious.

yeah... if they charged $59 for Doom: BFG edition I wonder if it would've sold more.

18. Re: No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs Jan 6, 2014, 12:49 robdot

I have all the consoles and all the games, if you asked my brood what their favorite game was ,they would all answer tomb raider, it was more popular than the last of us, or beyond two souls. Everyone played it to the end. Even though they had no idea who Lara was.
Since I traded in all my last gen consoles,,,
I will most likely have to buy this again.

17. Re: No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs Jan 6, 2014, 12:40 Tumbler

....eh....it's already out and it was on sale for $10 on steam recently. Charging $59.99 for another pc version would be hilarious. (I think the Definitive edition is the PC edition)

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 2014, 13:58.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

16. Re: No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs Jan 6, 2014, 12:40 Quinn

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 12:32:

It changes to an extend that I don't even remember any QTEs past the first half hour.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

15. Re: No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs Jan 6, 2014, 12:38 Jerykk

Of course they're going to say that it's only coming out on next-gen consoles. They want people to pay $60 for it. I'd be surprised if it doesn't eventually come to PC after console sales have tapered off and be offered at a discount to players who already own the original version.  

14. Re: No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs Jan 6, 2014, 12:34 PropheT

Task wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 12:02:
I find it funny they are asking people to pay full price for an enhanced version. Even Eidos discounted DX:HR Enhanced majorly for original owners. CD Project releases their 'enhanced' ones for FREE to original owners.

It's a different platform. For people new to the game or who may not have had a chance to play it on the other systems, it's a good deal and a good game. If you've already played it on another platform and want it for the new system, just wait for it to go down in price and grab it then.

13. Re: No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs Jan 6, 2014, 12:32 HorrorScope

12. Re: No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs Jan 6, 2014, 12:28 Pr()ZaC

Verno wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 12:21:
$60 for a remodel and the multiplayer DLC packed in, whoop de doo.
I'd pay more for a Mechwarrior 2 remodel.

11. Re: No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs Jan 6, 2014, 12:21 Verno

$60 for a remodel and the multiplayer DLC packed in, whoop de doo.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

10. Re: No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs Jan 6, 2014, 12:06 SpectralMeat

I still wouldn't pay full price for the same game. I don't care how much re modelling they've done.
The original game looked good enough and all the bells and whistles they can add will not be noticable after about an hour of gameplay anyways.
Graphical enhancements shouldn't be the main selling point of any game imo.

Steam: SpectralMeat

9. Re: No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs Jan 6, 2014, 12:05 Pr()ZaC

Meh, it's not because I'll miss the "upgrades" to the game, it's the console-centric attitude that bothers me.  

8. Re: No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs Jan 6, 2014, 12:02 Task

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 11:49:
Jivaro wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 11:45:
This announcement only supports the widespread assumption that the "Definitive Edition" is quite simply the PC version of the game brought to a generation of consoles that can handle the "spiffier graphics". There really isn't anything to get worked up about here.
My thoughts exactly.

They actually did change the models though from the PC version and console versions. They essentially remodeled Lara Croft's face for some reason in the 'enhanced version.'

Lara Croft presented in unprecedented high definition detail:
- An all new Lara model created to take advantage of the power of next-gen consoles
- TRESS FX technology that delivers realistic hair simulation and motion with every strand being physically active
- Shader and lighting reworked to showcase the raw physicality of Lara's journey through sweat, mud, and blood materials and effects

I find it funny they are asking people to pay full price for an enhanced version. Even Eidos discounted DX:HR Enhanced majorly for original owners. CD Project releases their 'enhanced' ones for FREE to original owners.

Playing: The Witcher 2, Dragon Age: Origins, FF8

7. Re: No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs Jan 6, 2014, 11:57 Quinn

Task wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 11:56:
Pr()ZaC wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 11:40:
First to say FUCK 'EM!

Seconded... and I bought the 'regular' PC Edition when it was on sale.

Although it says, "at this time a PC update is not planned," I hardly think it would take much work to release an enhanced edition. Modders 'enhance' games for free for christs' sake.

I wish more companies were like CD Project, they release enhanced editions for FREE for original owners of the games.

Don't really understand the hatred here. I was extremely pleasantly surprised when the full game came out. It's definitely a good game. It looks good; it plays well and this version of Lara is very interesting -- any mainstream boy would've "objectified" Lara, but in this game it's actually just a woman trying to survive a hostile environment. The PC version was already very solid with no need for gamebreaking bug fixes. Who cares they don't release a Definite Edition for the PC, where the biggest part of its improvement is the graphics.. which are still better on a good gaming PC.

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 2014, 12:03.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

6. Re: No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs Jan 6, 2014, 11:56 Task

First to say FUCK 'EM!

Seconded... and I bought the 'regular' PC Edition when it was on sale.

Although it says, "at this time a PC update is not planned," I hardly think it would take much work to release an enhanced edition. Modders 'enhance' games for free for christs' sake.

I wish more companies were like CD Project, they release enhanced editions for FREE for original owners of the games.

Playing: The Witcher 2, Dragon Age: Origins, FF8

5. Re: No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs Jan 6, 2014, 11:51 HorrorScope

4. Re: No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs Jan 6, 2014, 11:50 Verno

First to say FUCK 'EM!

Why? You want to get the PC version rebadged for full price? The definitive edition is the PC version with some reworking on the hair animation and other silly stuff.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

3. Re: No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs Jan 6, 2014, 11:49 SpectralMeat

Jivaro wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 11:45:
This announcement only supports the widespread assumption that the "Definitive Edition" is quite simply the PC version of the game brought to a generation of consoles that can handle the "spiffier graphics". There really isn't anything to get worked up about here.
My thoughts exactly.

Steam: SpectralMeat

2. Re: No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs Jan 6, 2014, 11:45 Jivaro

41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo