Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

Polygon - Battlefield 4 spotlights EA's inability to launch games, treat players with dignity.
Is there any possible reality where EA and DICE didnít know that the game was non-functional when they shipped it? Can you imagine any other industry that allows products this hobbled to be knowingly sold months after release?

There are no recalls, no refunds being offered. Instead weíre given strained acknowledgements that a problem may exist, and the promise that it will be fixed. DICE may enjoy taking little jabs at the more popular Call of Duty series from time to time, but maybe itís time for them to grow up a bit and realize releasing a game that works will lead to stronger competition than cheap shots on Reddit.

The reaction of EA and DICE hasnít just been inadequate, it has been infuriating. The attempts to hide behind corporate speak and mealy-mouthed pseudo-apologies completely fail to address their customers, who have spent $60 or more on the product, as human beings. You can argue about the validity of EA being the worst company in the world, but itís clear that their marketing department has a tin ear when it comes to owning up to its own mistakes.

View
48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

28. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 05:24 ViRGE

Creston wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 01:07:
PropheT wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 18:05:
Creston wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 15:17:
I'm amazed Polygon, of all places, has the actual courage to call EA out on this bullshit.

It's Ben Kuchera's first article there, isn't it?

Maybe they hired him to do this kind of thing and garner more credibility, and maybe they just need to get page views and generate buzz around his first article there or something. Kotaku does it every now and then to generate page views but it never really goes anywhere.

Oh, I didn't even realize Ben had written that. Good to see he found himself a new gig.
Agreed. It's good to see him back on the horse so soon.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 05:23 Ryan Lange

Wintyr wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 03:24:
half of all pc game problems are end user

[Citation needed]

26. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 04:41 nin

Wintyr wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 04:05:
nin wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 03:48:

And 100% of your posts lack grammar.

attacking my grammar proves all of what i said is true. people lash out and try to put people down when they are faced with the TRUTH. I so love your comment thank you

You replying to my reply means I'm king of the world, and you are but a lowly squire, toiling away in the fields. I proclaim this as "the TRUTH", even though it has no more basis in reality than your previous comments.

(This is fun, anyone else wanna try?)

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

25. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 04:05 Wintyr

nin wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 03:48:

attacking my grammar proves all of what i said is true. people lash out and try to put people down when they are faced with the TRUTH. I so love your comment thank you

24. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 03:48 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

23. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 03:24 Wintyr

22. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 03:23 Wintyr

i only play on a server under 25ms  

21. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 02:27 Paranoid Jack

Wintyr wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 20:59:
BF4 Was not that bad a few tweeks on your pc end and installing the latest drivers helps. and i ran pretty fine. i know people that ran it without any probelms using newer hardware. the bugs are more an issue of all the crapy pc you all own thinking its the shiz. guess what its not and even ea and to inforce driver updating to make all of those whinning noobers updater there drivers to play the game bug free because they choose not to install up to date drivers sets for there pc. spyware and malware will also bug out your game. there are so manty outside issue you blame on EA/Dice the bugs in BattleField 4 and pretty superfical and realy were not that big of a deal in compared to many other release for pretty much and publisher/developer. there only end result dif is when more people buy you product you end up with more bugs. they coudl have tested the game for years and when they realsed it they would have still ran into bugs becaues of the shitty un kept pc matnice the general public and even some hardcore gamers and to dumb to fix on there own end.

Tell me again how I can tweek the BF4 netcode? I'd like it to run as if it's a sub 100ms ping not as if the server is halfway around the world. So if it's running at 45ms but playing like it's 250ms what do I need to tweek?

20. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 01:37 Redmask

BF4 Was not that bad a few tweeks on your pc end and installing the latest drivers helps. and i ran pretty fine. i know people that ran it without any probelms using newer hardware. the bugs are more an issue of all the crapy pc you all own thinking its the shiz. guess what its not and even ea and to inforce driver updating to make all of those whinning noobers updater there drivers to play the game bug free because they choose not to install up to date drivers sets for there pc. spyware and malware will also bug out your game. there are so manty outside issue you blame on EA/Dice the bugs in BattleField 4 and pretty superfical and realy were not that big of a deal in compared to many other release for pretty much and publisher/developer. there only end result dif is when more people buy you product you end up with more bugs. they coudl have tested the game for years and when they realsed it they would have still ran into bugs becaues of the shitty un kept pc matnice the general public and even some hardcore gamers and to dumb to fix on there own end.

You know what else will bug out your game? A company releasing a buggy fucking game that barely worked on several platforms. Stop blaming the users.

19. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 01:18 Dev

Creston wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 01:10:

Even hiring a decent shill who can speak proper English is beyond EA these days.
Hey a few "tweeks" of various substances and they can fake it to the interviewer, right?

18. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 01:10 Creston

Even hiring a decent shill who can speak proper English is beyond EA these days.

17. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 01:09 Creston

Denthor wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 16:33:
I'm amazed Polygon, of all places, has the actual courage to call EA out on this bullshit.

Anyone able to tell me where polygons revenue is coming from - i'd hazard a guess not many EA adverts going on there.

That's what I found so surprising. Polygon was slobbering all over SimCity's knob, so back then they were big EA cheerleaders.

16. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 01:08 Dev

So... how is this news again?  

15. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 01:07 Creston

PropheT wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 18:05:

Maybe they hired him to do this kind of thing and garner more credibility, and maybe they just need to get page views and generate buzz around his first article there or something. Kotaku does it every now and then to generate page views but it never really goes anywhere.

Oh, I didn't even realize Ben had written that. Good to see he found himself a new gig.

14. Re: Op Ed Jan 4, 2014, 23:22 TheVocalMinority

Respect is earnt, not bestowed by the magic respect fairy. If gamers continue as a group to act like bitches then that is how they will continue to be treated. By EA and others.

Also - WTF was it with that sock post, unsuccessful trolling or a poor attempt at humour?

Assley Putz
"Was vocalminority assley putzs most recent handle?"
-nin May 16, 2012, 10:52

13. Re: Op Ed Jan 4, 2014, 22:57 Kosumo

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 22:48:

Rotfl

Amazed

12. Re: Op Ed Jan 4, 2014, 22:48 Wowbagger_TIP

Rotfl

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

11. Re: Op Ed Jan 4, 2014, 20:59 Wintyr

10. Re: Op Ed Jan 4, 2014, 18:05 PropheT

9. Re: Op Ed Jan 4, 2014, 17:39 Saboth

Looking good for EA's "Worst Company in America" for a threepeat. Remember, the contest isn't "which company harmed the country the most", it's "which company treats its customers with the least amount of respect and rights". Can't really think of any companies outside of Target that screwed up so severely in the past year.  

48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo