Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

Polygon - Battlefield 4 spotlights EA's inability to launch games, treat players with dignity.
Is there any possible reality where EA and DICE didnít know that the game was non-functional when they shipped it? Can you imagine any other industry that allows products this hobbled to be knowingly sold months after release?

There are no recalls, no refunds being offered. Instead weíre given strained acknowledgements that a problem may exist, and the promise that it will be fixed. DICE may enjoy taking little jabs at the more popular Call of Duty series from time to time, but maybe itís time for them to grow up a bit and realize releasing a game that works will lead to stronger competition than cheap shots on Reddit.

The reaction of EA and DICE hasnít just been inadequate, it has been infuriating. The attempts to hide behind corporate speak and mealy-mouthed pseudo-apologies completely fail to address their customers, who have spent $60 or more on the product, as human beings. You can argue about the validity of EA being the worst company in the world, but itís clear that their marketing department has a tin ear when it comes to owning up to its own mistakes.

View
48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

48. Re: Op Ed Jan 6, 2014, 12:22 Verno

Spektr wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 12:18:
Will teach them to buy games at launch!

Someone failed to read the article I see Specifically the part where he addresses that attitude and why it helps to create an environment where companies like EA can get away with it.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

47. Re: Op Ed Jan 6, 2014, 12:18 Spektr

Will teach them to buy games at launch!  

46. Re: Op Ed Jan 6, 2014, 09:38 Verno

Looks like time for Blue to clean house again.  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

45. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 17:06 harlock

whoa  

44. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 17:06 harlock

dude  

43. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 17:06 harlock

42. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 17:06 harlock

omg  

41. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 17:02 Wintyr

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 07:38:
Wintyr wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 04:05:
nin wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 03:48:
Wintyr wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 03:24:
half of all pc game problems are end user

And 100% of your posts lack grammar.

attacking my grammar proves all of what i said is true. people lash out and try to put people down when they are faced with the TRUTH. I so love your comment thank you

Maybe that comment is true in most cases, but your post before was complete nonsense. I played 100 hours BF4 and the issues people complain about are not end user related. Half the crashes were because of server issues or a known bug (skyscraper crashing half the server) or the Audio corruption issue because of 1 gun that persisted through reloads. Or the famous "KIA" bug because you vaulted over a hedge or whatever in sprint. Or the revive bug

And if you actually play BF4 you had all these issues.. which is pretty much why your post only produces laughter in those who actually know what state BF4 was in. Nowadays it's mostly fixed, but nowadays is 4 months after release.

sory yes i only played 66 hours. by saying like you know me if i have or have not played bf4 makes you a lier and discredits you. you dont know me and cant know how much i have or have not played. well unitil this post that is

40. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 16:57 Wintyr

ahhhh i wove u re funy me dunb pesint. n u wing ovf te warld  

39. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 16:55 Wintyr

HoSpanky wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 08:24:
Wintyr seems to be a parody identity, like good ol' Jeff K. If it's for real, I have zero doubt that this tool yells "Wintyr is coming!" at the start of every match, thinking he's clever.

Wintyr, your abominable grammar IS a problem. The instant you prove you don't even understand the language you're using, everything you say is considered idiotic, even if you were revealing the cure for cancer.

Damn, I fell for it. No way that's a real person.

i love how when people dont have a leg to stand on they attack ones grammer lol i love you you faced the TRUTH and attack you confermed for me i was right

38. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 16:53 Wintyr

Dacron wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 13:49:

Guess that explains all the console issues...

Stupid noobs not maintaining their consoles. TAKE IT TO THE CAR WASH FFS!

cosole are a wast of money a budget pc for 450 bucks will beat it into the ground

37. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 13:49 Dacron

Guess that explains all the console issues...

Stupid noobs not maintaining their consoles. TAKE IT TO THE CAR WASH FFS!

36. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 11:25 ASeven

nin wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 11:18:
Slick's account is still active. And frankly, I always thought he came off sounding more like an asshole (which is why I flagged him for ignore) than this guy. This guy seems more...I don't know, amateur?

You have to say though, the writing style, atrocious grammar and the emphasis on certain words by using capital letters is very close to Slick. Also, being a brain-dead EA fanboy.

35. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 11:18 nin

Slick's account is still active. And frankly, I always thought he came off sounding more like an asshole (which is why I flagged him for ignore) than this guy. This guy seems more...I don't know, amateur?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

34. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 09:56 ASeven

HoSpanky wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 08:24:
Wintyr seems to be a parody identity, like good ol' Jeff K. If it's for real, I have zero doubt that this tool yells "Wintyr is coming!" at the start of every match, thinking he's clever.

Wintyr, your abominable grammar IS a problem. The instant you prove you don't even understand the language you're using, everything you say is considered idiotic, even if you were revealing the cure for cancer.

Pretty sure Wintyr is Slick. Compare both users' grammar and writing style.

33. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 08:47 Saboth

Simon Says wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 05:32:
This is becoming widespread in the industry... Just take a look at the Total War Rome 2 fiasco for example.

This is why I went from someone that pre-orders games and gets the collector's edition to someone that waits until the GOTY edition goes on sale for 75% off. Hell, I picked up Dragon Age Ultimate Edition the other day, and that game STILL has game-breaking bugs in it.

32. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 08:24 HoSpanky

31. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 07:38 eRe4s3r

Wintyr wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 04:05:
nin wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 03:48:

And 100% of your posts lack grammar.

attacking my grammar proves all of what i said is true. people lash out and try to put people down when they are faced with the TRUTH. I so love your comment thank you

Maybe that comment is true in most cases, but your post before was complete nonsense. I played 100 hours BF4 and the issues people complain about are not end user related. Half the crashes were because of server issues or a known bug (skyscraper crashing half the server) or the Audio corruption issue because of 1 gun that persisted through reloads. Or the famous "KIA" bug because you vaulted over a hedge or whatever in sprint. Or the revive bug

And if you actually play BF4 you had all these issues.. which is pretty much why your post only produces laughter in those who actually know what state BF4 was in. Nowadays it's mostly fixed, but nowadays is 4 months after release.

30. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 05:46 ASeven

Oh how nice, Slick is back. Same bad grammar, same idiotic arguments, same fallacies, same emphasis on some words using caps, same terrible shilling.  

29. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 05:32 Simon Says

This is becoming widespread in the industry... Just take a look at the Total War Rome 2 fiasco for example.  

48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo