Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale (1)

Items that went on sale yesterday afternoon. More items will go on sale later today.

• Batman Arkham City Game of the Year Edition on GamersGate. Save 75%.
  • Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition on GamersGate. Save 50%.
  • Castle Story on Steam. Save 33%.
  • Hammerwatch on Steam. Save 66%.
  • The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing on GamersGate. Save 50%.
  • Just Cause 2 on Steam. Save 80%.
  • Metro Last Light on GamersGate. Save 66%.
  • Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition on Steam. Save 66%.
  • Natural Selection 2 on Steam. Save 90%.
  • Sid Meier's Civilization V on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Total War Rome II on GamersGate. Save 50%.
  • Total War Rome II Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack on GamersGate. Save 50%.
  • Total War Rome II Greek States Culture Pack on GamersGate. Save 50%.
  • Valdis Story: Abyssal City on Steam. Save 75%.
  • The Walking Dead Pack on GamersGate. Save 75%.
  • The Walking Dead: Season 2 on Steam. Save 25%.
  • You Need a Budget 4 on Steam. Save 75%.

View
39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

39. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 3, 2014, 10:26 Prez

StaticRandomNumber wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 18:36:
Natural Selection 2 is pretty awesome, best team battles to be had anywhere.

Steep learning curve to begin with but give it some time and follow someone around and you will learn it quick enough.

I had absolutely abysmal perfromance with NS2 on a midrange PC with a 560ti and solid 30mb/6mb connection. I'd stutter so bad that it would take several seconds to realize I had been killed. If anyone else had similar issues, has it gotten any better?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

38. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 20:14 merc248

You Need a Budget (YNAB) is actually a fucking great deal. Better than Mint. Gets you on track a lot faster than Mint ever would.  

37. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 20:05 Wowbagger_TIP

nin wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 15:20:
Are you "Bagger" (same icon)?

Yep! Forgot I shortened the name there

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

36. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 18:36 StaticRandomNumber

Natural Selection 2 is pretty awesome, best team battles to be had anywhere.

Steep learning curve to begin with but give it some time and follow someone around and you will learn it quick enough.

35. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 16:47 Panickd

Krovven wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 13:07:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:54:
Krovven wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:50:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:48:
panbient wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:45:
That and I got #10 like three times in a row hahaha
Just sell it on the market and buy the one your are missing.
Those cards will disappear from your account tomorrow

Uhhm, why would they disappear from his account? The Summer Sale cards are still available on the Market, which means they are still in peoples inventories.

It is different this time, read the Steam page
http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/snowglobefaq

Unlike previous badges, once the sale ends the cards will disappear. Make sure to trade and craft your badges before Jan 3rd 11am PST.

That sucks, for a lot of people. Personally I don't care, as I've been selling them as I get them. Odd that they changed it, but I suppose they want to be able to reuse them next year, whereas there is no point in reusing the Summer Sale cards.

In all likelihood Valve got tired of the "event" items clogging up the market and wanted to give the cards more value and light a fire under people to buy them rather than taking the attitude of "I'll pick them up whenever". I personally think it's a great thing because it gets people to stop sitting on these items hoping they can put them on the market later for insanely stupid sums of money.

34. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 15:20 nin

Are you "Bagger" (same icon)?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

33. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 15:17 Wowbagger_TIP

nin wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 14:16:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 13:53:
nin wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 11:55:
I'm going to miss steams voting sales, really enjoyed those...

I'm disappointed that I'm missing 1 more vote for a final snow globe. That and I got #10 like three times in a row hahaha

#10 is the only one I still need. I got a bunch of #5 and #6, among others.

I've got an extra 10, if you need it. But I'm at work...should be home in 4 hours or so (don't think I can trade through the web client at work - I'm in the Blue's steam group).

I'm in the Blue's group too. I probably won't be home until around 7pm CST. Will try to figure out the trade system then, since I haven't used it yet.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

32. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 15:10 panbient

I'm disappointed that I'm missing 1 more vote for a final snow globe. That and I got #10 like three times in a row hahaha

I've got 2 extra 10s, a 6 and an 8 up for grabs. Still need a 1, 3, and 7. Same user name on Steam if you (or anyone else) wants to make a trade.

31. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 15:08 HorrorScope

mch wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 13:18:
Steam front page currently says Borderlands 2 is 125% off...on sale for -$15.01. So technically, they say they'd pay you to buy it

The actual page, however, lists 75% off.

It was an obvious error, it should have been Aliens CM.

30. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 15:07 HorrorScope

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 13:06:
It is now also stated on the main sale page, "craft your badge before the cards disappear" and there is a timer that counts down to tomorrow 1PM ET.

Had enough to make one badge, so the rest. I'm up 12% today on the Steam stock market. Sell your globes today, time is running out.

29. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 15:00 siapnar

Krovven wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 14:51:
Seems the price earlier was an error? I just had another gander and the price is now $2.50. At that price, you can't go wrong, even if you end up not liking it.
Yeah, I'm gonna pull the trigger

I have projectile dysfunction.

28. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 14:51 Krovven

Krovven wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 13:11:
siapnar wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 13:03:
Is Natural Selection II worth it? Looks like an interesting concept and it's visually appealing, but I could maybe see it getting old, fast..

Not for $21. It's been a fraction of that price before. Personally I couldn't get into the game, but it also runs like crap on my machine, so my patience with it was thin.

Seems the price earlier was an error? I just had another gander and the price is now $2.50. At that price, you can't go wrong, even if you end up not liking it.

27. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 14:40 jacobvandy

Well, there are actually bots you can play with, they're just really awful.  

26. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 14:32 Linksil

Krovven wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 13:11:
siapnar wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 13:03:
Is Natural Selection II worth it? Looks like an interesting concept and it's visually appealing, but I could maybe see it getting old, fast..

Not for $21. It's been a fraction of that price before. Personally I couldn't get into the game, but it also runs like crap on my machine, so my patience with it was thin.

NS2 is a very fun game with a nice community. I wish I had more time to play it, but I have been focusing on single player games this winter. Optimization is a mixed bag because some builds run a lot better then others, but in general it's been getting better and better with each one. Only problem with it is there is NO single player option(see bots).

Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

25. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 14:23 Krovven

Beamer wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 13:21:
Shadow Warrior is $10 on Humble Bundle. Worth it?
Did it go that low on Steam?

Yes, several times recently. 4 times in December to be specific.

http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/price?plain=shadowwarrior

People really need to install the Steam extension in Chrome.

24. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 14:16 nin

I've got an extra 10, if you need it. But I'm at work...should be home in 4 hours or so (don't think I can trade through the web client at work - I'm in the Blue's steam group).

Might have to finally break down and buy both Skyrim DLCs I don't have for $20...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

23. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 14:13 jacobvandy

Krovven wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 13:07:
That sucks, for a lot of people. Personally I don't care, as I've been selling them as I get them. Odd that they changed it, but I suppose they want to be able to reuse them next year, whereas there is no point in reusing the Summer Sale cards.

It's pretty simple, actually. The summer sale cards were completely worthless after 3 days because tens of thousands of them flooded the market. This time around, they retained much more value for much longer (they were .80-1.00 the first day and a half) until finally settling at a price 3-4x higher (.16-.20) by the end of the promotion, which has meant exponentially more money for Valve and the participating game-makers from market fees. This was the result of:

a) the holiday sale badge being endlessly craftable, so a lot of people did it more than 5 times (max for summer sale badge) and the upper 1% of crazies did it dozens or even hundreds of times just for funsies

b) crafting the badge gave you a limited edition in-game item for a free-to-play game such as DOTA 2 or TF2, some of which were exceedingly rare and worth anywhere from $50-$500+ (more lucrative fees excepting the very rarest of things that were traded off-Steam for probably $1000s each via PayPal), giving people more reason to craft the badge many more times

c) of course the cards disappearing at the end of the sale; there are still tens of thousands of each summer sale card on the market and immeasurable additional ones clogging up inventories everywhere because they're worth only a penny (3 cents is minimum market price, including 1 cent Valve fee and 1 cent developer fee)

So they're geniuses, basically. Artificial scarcity combined with drastically increased demand meant they probably made more profit from the trading cards than the actual game sales...

22. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 13:53 Wowbagger_TIP

21. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 13:45 walrus1

And Borderlands 2 GOTY is only 50% off.  

20. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 13:35 SpectralMeat

Picked up the rest of the DLC for Anno.
Time to get back into that one.

Steam: SpectralMeat

39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer