Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Warcraft Pricing Survey

A survey being sent to "past and current" World of Warcraft subscribers probes for interest in a new annual pass program to accompany the upcoming Warlords of Draenor expansion for the MMORPG. They survey also looks for answers to questions like how much the expansion is worth and the possibility of selling level 90 upgrades. Thanks Polygon.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: World of Warcraft Pricing Survey Jan 2, 2014, 16:08 Redmask

All good, knew what you meant it was just funny in the context  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: World of Warcraft Pricing Survey Jan 2, 2014, 15:53 Krovven

Redmask wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 13:02:
Krovven wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 11:24:
You fail to miss the point.

Failing to miss the point would mean he understood the point.

Lol, in my defense it was before I had coffee and obviously combined two ways of making the statement, to have it make no sense.

15. Re: World of Warcraft Pricing Survey Jan 2, 2014, 13:02 Redmask

Krovven wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 11:24:
You fail to miss the point.

Failing to miss the point would mean he understood the point.

14. Re: World of Warcraft Pricing Survey Jan 2, 2014, 11:24 Krovven

You miss the point. Multi boxers more often than not degraded the gaming experience for others around them. Just because a few people were good at multi boxing or a few people enjoyed the challenge of dealing with multi boxers, hundreds of thousands of people were adversely effected by them whether it be an instance, raid, BG, or just the detrimental effect reselling characters has on the game.

As a multi boxer that already stated how you were effected by the change, I don't expect you to understand at all. Doesn't mean much to me anyways as I haven't played in a long time not do I plan to.

This comment was edited on Jan 2, 2014, 15:53.

13. Re: World of Warcraft Pricing Survey Jan 2, 2014, 00:51 Frags4Fun

Krovven wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 00:14:
Frags4Fun wrote on Jan 1, 2014, 20:54:
They haven't sent this to any of my accounts but maybe it's because I have been off since last March when they boned all the multiboxers by not warning us that they were killing multiboxing in randoms. They snuck in the change before any of us could cancel our alt accounts. The damned patch came a day or two after I was billed. Bastards! I was steaming mad. I sent them several nasty messages expressing my dissatisfaction. Their company can crash and burn for all I care.

The removal of /follow in instances and BGs was a great change that improved the game. I fucking hated people that multi boxed in BGs and instances. They were a pain in the ass to play with and play against. In instances they were never as good as having a real person controlling one character. And in BGs it opened up way too many exploits. It also hurt people leveling characters to sell.

So I have zero sympathy for those that were effected by the change. If you stopped playing a game because you couldn't multi box, then I doubt nobody misses you.

That's pretty much what all bad players say about multiboxers. Anyone with an ounce of skill can defeat a multiboxer with some basic teamwork.

As far as them having an advantage or exploiting, a skilled player knows that multiboxers are very easy to beat (once they know how they work). It's very simple actually. Figure out which is the multiboxer's main and tell your team to focus that toon. Burn it down and profit because most of the scripting falls apart once the main dies.

As far as them being bad in instances and bg's, it depends on the skill level of the multiboxer. A skilled multiboxer who built their own scripts can be extremely helpful in instances. There were many instances where the rest of the group wiped and I would beat the bosses with my 3 DPS toons. I never heard anyone crying when I was in their groups.

I agree with you though on some of your points when considering that many multiboxers are just about useless and rely on the rest of the group to carry them while they stand around wasting slots. I too hate those guys and think that they give good multiboxers a bad wrap.

When I played a solo character and didn't feel like multiboxing, I loved running into skilled enemy multiboxers in BGs because they presented a different challenge and changed things up a bit. It forced us to use team work and communication to win.

The skilled multiboxers multibox because it's more challenging than running a single character which gets boring after a while. Anyone can run a solo toon but not everyone can run a multiboxing setup. People that think that multiboxers are exploiters are typically noobs who don't understand how challenging it is to control multi characters at once. The crybabies also tend to be solo type players who don't work as a team so they cry instead of working together.

I don't expect bad players who are probably about useless to their team to understand these things though so I don't miss them either.

12. Re: World of Warcraft Pricing Survey Jan 2, 2014, 00:14 Krovven

Frags4Fun wrote on Jan 1, 2014, 20:54:
They haven't sent this to any of my accounts but maybe it's because I have been off since last March when they boned all the multiboxers by not warning us that they were killing multiboxing in randoms. They snuck in the change before any of us could cancel our alt accounts. The damned patch came a day or two after I was billed. Bastards! I was steaming mad. I sent them several nasty messages expressing my dissatisfaction. Their company can crash and burn for all I care.

The removal of /follow in instances and BGs was a great change that improved the game. I fucking hated people that multi boxed in BGs and instances. They were a pain in the ass to play with and play against. In instances they were never as good as having a real person controlling one character. And in BGs it opened up way too many exploits. It also hurt people leveling characters to sell.

So I have zero sympathy for those that were effected by the change. If you stopped playing a game because you couldn't multi box, then I doubt nobody misses you.

11. Re: World of Warcraft Pricing Survey Jan 1, 2014, 23:30 Cutter

World of Grindcraft? No thanks. It's like Colonel Troutman said to John Rambo, "It's over, Johnny. It's over!"

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

10. Re: World of Warcraft Pricing Survey Jan 1, 2014, 22:05 Mashiki Amiketo

BitWraith wrote on Jan 1, 2014, 14:00:
Annual Pass - if they offered this at a rate of $5 a month, they might actually clog the drain of lost subscriptions.
Hell that's what I'm paying for my STO gold sub, there was a one day special on oh 6 months ago or something. I'd pay the same for WOW, not sure if I'm interested in playing the new expansion though I do get the itch every now and then. Especially since a few of my friends who live in the asshole of nowhere US and Canada, and overseas have started playing again.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

9. Re: World of Warcraft Pricing Survey Jan 1, 2014, 22:00 nin

Graham wrote on Jan 1, 2014, 16:43:
Annual Pass - if they offered this at a rate of $5 a month, they might actually clog the drain of lost subscriptions.

$5/mo is my sweet spot to have an ever-running WoW sub. For the price of a single game I could "...always go back". $15 a month just isn't going to fly anymore, at least not for me.

You know, I'd pay $5 a month to login whenever. If they do that, I'd take it.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

8. Re: World of Warcraft Pricing Survey Jan 1, 2014, 20:54 Frags4Fun

7. Re: World of Warcraft Pricing Survey Jan 1, 2014, 20:06 Wallshadows

It's a good thing they put in an in-game store!  

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

6. Re: World of Warcraft Pricing Survey Jan 1, 2014, 16:43 Graham

$5/mo is my sweet spot to have an ever-running WoW sub. For the price of a single game I could "...always go back". $15 a month just isn't going to fly anymore, at least not for me.

5. Re: World of Warcraft Pricing Survey Jan 1, 2014, 16:27 Pigeon

This reminded me to cancel my subscription

Frankly I've played the game so long they would have to completely change it for me to care. And then I'd probably be mad at all the changes.

4. Re: World of Warcraft Pricing Survey Jan 1, 2014, 14:00 BitWraith

3. Re: World of Warcraft Pricing Survey Jan 1, 2014, 13:27 Krovven

Interesting that I haven't received this email, yet.

Not really interested in WoW anymore, even with a new expansion. I played Pandaland for less than a month, got my Death Knight to lvl 90 in the quest areas and never bothered to log in again.

2. Re: World of Warcraft Pricing Survey Jan 1, 2014, 13:22 Frijoles

I'd pay to bring an alt to 90. What I'd prefer, though, is that they throw Elixir of Arcane Knowledge on more rares. It gives you a 300% boost to XP for an hour. It's great for leveling alts, but only drops from one rare and has a shit drop rate (like 10%).

As for the annual pass, I signed up for that last time because they included Diablo. I'm not sure I'd do the same for WoD. Give me a guaranteed beta slot for Titan and they'd have a deal.

Or Warcraft 4. I predict Jaina is going to go crazy and become the next villain for an RTS. Calling it now.

1. Re: World of Warcraft Pricing Survey Jan 1, 2014, 12:32 Creston

Please tell us how we can wring even more money out of you? We need to do something now that you ungrateful fuckers have made us close the RMAH.  

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo