Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed

A banner across the top of the Battlefield 4 forum index shouts that the double XP event planned for the end of the year is postponed: "THE END OF DECEMBER 2XP EVENT FOR PREMIUM MEMBERS HAS BEEN POSTPONED AND WILL BE RUN AT A LATER DATE. STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFORMATION. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE." This follows a similar broadcast noted on GameInformer warning of connectivity issues on all platforms for the military shooter sequel, though it's not certain the two alerts are directly related. The Battlefield 4 top issues tracker recently launched to some fanfare has not been updated since December 20th, so it's not clear if they are dealing with new or previously identified issues.

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed Jan 1, 2014, 17:34 Glykon

Still glad I got the refund.
I have much more fun with Planetside 2, Americas Arny and even Warframe !
And like that I dont pay the greedy morons from EA

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed Jan 1, 2014, 11:26 Shataan

I need to see a few things fixed with BF 4;

1 if 2 peeps are 4 to 10 feet apart and 1 guy is auto firing full auto and his hits are visually registering.... the other guy getting hit should not be able to dance around thru all this rain of pain, and 1 shot kill the other guy. hit registry needs tweaking, and coin toss balistix needs to amscray.

2 low ground debri collision detection needs tweaking. A lot of peeps when trying to jump over stuff from knee height down... are getting capped while just trying to jump over this low level debri. Needs fixing.

3 The vis quality setting for terrain decoration is totally broken atm. If you go into a map on Ultra Terrain decoration settings.... hit escape. Change to Low, and Redeploy.... you come back into the map and you`ll see tons of beautiful deep grass etc etc etc..... depending on the map that you don`t see on Ultra Terrain Decoration... but you SHOULD be seeing when set to Ultra.

This is broken, and needs to be fixed. Otherwise, I like BF 4 wayyyyyyy better than BF 3.

27. Re: BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed Dec 31, 2013, 21:06 Steele Johnson

Aside from the low quality release, I think the game is a lot of fun! But I can understand people wanting to pay for quality. I get pissed too when I buy low quality shlt. But still, even with its problems, It's really kind of an amazing game. I know people didn't like the single-player so I think I'm the only one that thinks it's one of the best intros to a multiplayer game I've ever played. It's great if you're new to the series and to the genre! Sorry guys, but I'm having fun with this one.  

26. Re: BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed Dec 31, 2013, 20:40 dubfanatic

As much as I love to bash EA, they can't be blamed for this one. There is a group of miscreant basement-dwellers running attacks on BF4 servers hosted by NFO, one of the main game hosters. I won't link to their Twitter so I don't contribute to their attention seeking.

25. Re: BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed Dec 31, 2013, 18:13 warmbluelasers

Trevellian wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 14:52:
You cannot attach C4 to moving vehicles or max's in Planetside 2.

They did that specifically to avoid this tactic that people use in Battlefield.

You can sticky bricks of C4 to anything in Planetside 2. MAX suits, flashes, tanks, bombers... friendly or enemy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1fT3-WL9hM

Pretty sure you can still do this, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bYMEFTjx94

24. Re: BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed Dec 31, 2013, 17:58 scratz

Notice most of the hate is coming from people who don't play it.

It has problems, sure. But its also evolutionary and damn fun, and just about everyone on the servers I join seem to be enjoying the hell out of themselves.

A lot of these problems sound worse than they are. Case in point, the full extent of this "connectivity" problem for me has been a sync failure between the weapon loadout on my second screen Battlelog and the one in game. Oh no, disaster!

23. Re: BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed Dec 31, 2013, 17:51 SlimRam

I played BF3 (I sucked) and am playing BF4 (I suck) but I definitely have had fun with it.

BUT

If your looking for an alternative that, i've found VERY enjoyable, you should try 'Rising Storm'. I bought the base game for like 5 dollars on the Steam sale and have not been disappointed. It is EXTREMELY addictive, the maps are not as big as BF but they can be very tense. Also, there are no vehicles and one shot can EASILY kill you and often does for me (I suck at it too ) So far I am having a blast with it though. Jus' my 2 cents

I'm bringing Sexy Back

Luckily, I kept the receipt

22. Re: BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed Dec 31, 2013, 15:16 siapnar

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 14:22:
It is interesting, my youngest plays it often, I ask him from time to time how's it running... Good is always the answer. So from reading I'd assume a total meltdown no one playing, everyone frustrated. But then I ask my son, watch him play... it works. Now is there some little things in there causing issues, perhaps things he doesn't even notice? Perhaps.
Well, those upset at something are usually the most vocal. Most users who have a working game, don't have much reason to post about it in support forums.

I have projectile dysfunction.

21. Re: BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed Dec 31, 2013, 14:55 NeOCidE

So.......people who stumped up an additional 40 for premium get double XP event....but hey FUCK YOU for those that only paid 60!!!!  
Trent Reznor - Atticus Ross an incredible team.

20. Re: BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed Dec 31, 2013, 14:52 Trevellian

Ryan Lange wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 14:07:
Bucky wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 13:22:
Where else can you cover an ATV in C4, send it flying at an enemy tank only to have another enemy tank crash into him, and then blow them both sky high while watching from a safe distance?

Pretty much any game with ATVs, C4, and tanks. PlanetSide 2, for example.

You cannot attach C4 to moving vehicles or max's in Planetside 2.

They did that specifically to avoid this tactic that people use in Battlefield.

This comment was edited on Dec 31, 2013, 14:57.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Kyrios in ArcheAge

19. Re: BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed Dec 31, 2013, 14:45 xXBatmanXx

Ryan Lange wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 14:07:
Where else can you cover an ATV in C4, send it flying at an enemy tank only to have another enemy tank crash into him, and then blow them both sky high while watching from a safe distance?

Sooooo 2 games? ugh. Yup, exactly 2 games, which is "pretty much any game"....oh, and 2 other BF games.

Planetside players are ......frustrating. I find them to be "i am better than you" in most areas of a conversation. Not sure why that is - but has always been that way.

BF is a 20 game, glad I only paid that much. It is worth 20 and maybe 30, but it is NOT a full price AAA game.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

18. Re: BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed Dec 31, 2013, 14:22 HorrorScope

siapnar wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 13:45:
With all that said, I still play almost daily. Those 'only in Battlefield' moments are addicting, and there's no other game that provides that fix. Where else can you cover an ATV in C4, send it flying at an enemy tank only to have another enemy tank crash into him, and then blow them both sky high while watching from a safe distance?
Same, I have a ton of fun with it.

The game runs completely stable for me ATM, and looks and runs very well with some tweaked settings.

I paid $30 and got more than my money's worth so far.

It is interesting, my youngest plays it often, I ask him from time to time how's it running... Good is always the answer. So from reading I'd assume a total meltdown no one playing, everyone frustrated. But then I ask my son, watch him play... it works. Now is there some little things in there causing issues, perhaps things he doesn't even notice? Perhaps.

17. Re: BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed Dec 31, 2013, 14:07 Ryan Lange

16. Re: BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed Dec 31, 2013, 13:58 Scheherazade

siapnar wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 13:45:
With all that said, I still play almost daily. Those 'only in Battlefield' moments are addicting, and there's no other game that provides that fix. Where else can you cover an ATV in C4, send it flying at an enemy tank only to have another enemy tank crash into him, and then blow them both sky high while watching from a safe distance?

The game runs completely stable for me ATM, and looks and runs very well with some tweaked settings.

IMO, the BF4 counter-strike mode is really good (hardcore + plantTheBomb).
That alone has made the game worth it for me.

Usually I like to play jets, but they need to buff the stealth jets a LOT (non-attack-fighter guns are squirt guns right now), and expand the max flight distance a LOT.

BF1942 had great fighter combat, with really good flight distances.
All the modern ones are "fly for 3 seconds, run out of room, turn around"

-scheherazade

15. Re: BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed Dec 31, 2013, 13:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, a lot of BF4 hate in this thread.

I'm surprised some of you guys are still having a bad experience; it's been stable for me for the past couple of patches. It's still the best vehicle based FPS out there, in terms of fun. Realism, of course not. If you bought it, and haven't even tried it since the first week or whatever, it may well be time for you to reattempt. It's very playable now, on all maps.

A couple days ago, I had two of my best shots ever in a tank, took out the Attack jet and then the stealth jet in a row on Golmud Railway. The attack jet pulled the classic slow spam gun run on me, but my smokescreen broke pathing on his laser guided bombs(or made him miss with his JDAMS), as I backed up to dodge those and a little bit of the 30mm cannon spam. When it became clear he was going to fly almost directly over, I turned my turret 180 degrees and rolled forward a bit, then nailed him with a main gun shot as he was pulling up. Then I see their stealth jet lining up on one of our choppers as I start to swing the turret back around, nail him almost in the middle of his jet as he is banking away... Sabot Tank rounds >> Jets. Congratulations and hackusations ensued.

Sabot rounds seem to one hit kill, or about 95% kill attack choppers also. Somehow Scout and transport helicopters can take a main gun tank shot and just fly off though. Follow up with HMG, but they might still escape.

Some bugs still remain, of course, but nothing major, in my opinion. Kill trading scenario still occurs for infantry, but any game with bullet travel time will OCCASIONALLY have that.

ps. Let the record show, Golmud Railway might be the best map ever in the BF series.

14. Re: BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed Dec 31, 2013, 13:45 siapnar

I have projectile dysfunction.

13. Re: BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed Dec 31, 2013, 13:27 Cutter

JayDeath wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 11:52:
I removed bf4 from my hd just last week. I'll revisit when the game is a bit more stable. I'm so glad I only paid $21 for this debacle of a game.

Wow. You can pay me to abuse you anytime.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

12. Re: BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed Dec 31, 2013, 13:25 Beelzebud

Battlefield 4 was the biggest gaming waste of the year, by far. It's 2013's Diablo 3.

That was the first and last pre-order I'll ever do on a Dice/EA game. I should have known better, but I got BF3 on that humble sale, and thought it was pretty good. I should have realized it only seemed that way because the people who paid full price had a full 2 years to beta test it.

11. Re: BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed Dec 31, 2013, 13:22 Bucky

I'm one of the suckers that picked up BF4 and the premium pack. Granted, I got both at 20% off, but I'm still pissed I gave them that much money.

I've been playing BF4 since the open Beta, so I've suffered through the whole saga. The game has been stable for me since the Dec 20th patch. What drives me insane right now is just how imbalanced the game is. Mobile Anti-Air tanks with Active Radar missles can shut down the air game on a map completely. Attack Choppers are flying coffins, while Scout Choppers with an Engineer repairing are flying tanks. The Attack Jet is a gift from the gods, smiting all who oppose it (if there's no MAA around) and the Designated Marksman Rifles (DMRs) suck so badly that I just laugh when someone is shooting at me with one.

I must've laughed for about 5 minutes after I pulled that off.

10. Re: BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed Dec 31, 2013, 12:58 MajorD

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 12:23:
So glad I moved on from the BF series after BF3 beta.
This only reaffirms the correct decision.

X2

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo