Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Mobilization

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 31, 2013, 11:34 Beamer

CrimsonPaw wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 10:00:
Beamer wrote on Dec 30, 2013, 15:53:
But, sadly for you, there's price parity - FF3 is $16 on iOS and Android, too. So, either everyone is ignorant, or your comment itself was ignorant of that fact.
Unless you look at notion b) stating that people know $16 is a rip-off which would suggest that people are well aware of what the title is (hence revoking the "ignorant" implication) - great argument though Rolleyes

Oh, I misread. I thought you had said "wouldn't know $16 is a ripoff." My mistake. I'm just too used to grown men in their 30s and 40s treating phone choice the same way teenagers treat band choice. They do it with consoles here, too. Then they whine about "fanboys" on the other side. As if any platform isn't full of the same idiots.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 31, 2013, 10:55 Verno

More shitty apps for Windows Phone, just what it needed.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

12. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 31, 2013, 10:00 CrimsonPaw

But, sadly for you, there's price parity - FF3 is $16 on iOS and Android, too. So, either everyone is ignorant, or your comment itself was ignorant of that fact.
Unless you look at notion b) stating that people know $16 is a rip-off which would suggest that people are well aware of what the title is (hence revoking the "ignorant" implication) - great argument though Rolleyes

~~Crim~~

11. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 30, 2013, 23:51 Kitkoan

Ceribaen wrote on Dec 30, 2013, 18:27:
It's occasionally on sale on Google Play for <10. My biggest issue with the SE games is that several of them have had an always online requirement to load/play - and it's never clear if they do or not. And in the past they even had a root check (which I think is since removed). So those two things have kept me from buying any SE games no matter how much I wanted them.

Not to mention that the new series, Choas Rings, has reports from people of the app verifying it's files every time it loads... to the tune of 5-10 minutes and more.

CHAOS RINGS &#937;
CHAOS RINGS
CHAOS RINGS II

No idea what it's really checking for. My guess to go through itself to make sure it's not pirated.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

10. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 30, 2013, 23:39 killer_roach

Yay, Windows Phone finally gets FF3... while Android and iOS have had FFV for a while now, and are supposed to be getting FF6 pretty soon...  

9. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 30, 2013, 18:27 Ceribaen

CrimsonPaw wrote on Dec 30, 2013, 15:13:
Also the people who own Windows phones either a) won't know what Final Fantasy is or b) will know $16 is a rip-off.

I appreciate your attempt to generalize calling a group of individuals ignorant.

It's occasionally on sale on Google Play for <10. My biggest issue with the SE games is that several of them have had an always online requirement to load/play - and it's never clear if they do or not. And in the past they even had a root check (which I think is since removed). So those two things have kept me from buying any SE games no matter how much I wanted them.

8. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 30, 2013, 16:45 Redmask

Creston wrote on Dec 30, 2013, 13:40:
16 bucks. On a windows phone.

Okay, that's going to absolutely sell BILLIONS of copies.

Rolleyes

What a bunch of idiots at SE.

This is probably the closest thing to a killer app the Windows Phone platform will ever see.

7. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 30, 2013, 15:53 Beamer

CrimsonPaw wrote on Dec 30, 2013, 15:13:
Also the people who own Windows phones either a) won't know what Final Fantasy is or b) will know $16 is a rip-off.

I appreciate your attempt to generalize calling a group of individuals ignorant.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

6. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 30, 2013, 15:13 CrimsonPaw

Fantaz wrote on Dec 30, 2013, 14:13:
people still pay $49 for Angry Birds Star Wars on PS4/XBone
Clueless parents who associate the "Angry Birds" brand with wholesome 'clean' gaming spend $50 on the game - that's Ravio's attempt to sucker people out of their money before adjusting to their intended $20 MSRP.

~~Crim~~

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 30, 2013, 14:19 Creston

Fantaz wrote on Dec 30, 2013, 14:13:

o_O

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 30, 2013, 14:13 Fantaz

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 30, 2013, 13:40 Creston

16 bucks. On a windows phone.

Okay, that's going to absolutely sell BILLIONS of copies.

Rolleyes

What a bunch of idiots at SE.

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 30, 2013, 11:54 Jivaro

Yeah, I don't get the pricing either. I am totally onboard with porting older titles of classic games to portables but they have to be priced appropriately. If they want Final Fantasy to be relevant to the next generation of gamers they better find a way to at least be price competitive. They sure aren't leading the way in terms of quality with their latest titles. In fact pretty much everything Square has done with FF over the last 5 years has confused the shit out of me.  

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 30, 2013, 11:29 CrimsonPaw

You too can own this 20+ year old classic for the low low price of $15.99! Not sure why SquEnix tries to price themselves out of sales.  
~~Crim~~

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo